+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

More weird mob behaviour! Starring Magmatic Eruca!

Just a warning to you who are going to exp on Magmatic Eruca in Mount Zhaylom.

I was pulling these all day, being the thief of the party, standard. Fight Fight dispel dispel SC SC blahblah, normal mobs. However it turned to fire weather.

This is where the fun begins! I went to pull the first one in fire weather, BOOM, incinerate to my face. WTF? Not only that, the thing was spamming incinerate and other TP moves whenever it could! I thought it was a bit weird, pulled the next one, boom! It uses Cocoon as soon as my bolt tore through it's rear. Anytime I pulled ones that had been out roasting for a while, they used a TP move right in my face when I went to pull them.

Also incinerate during fire weather was hardly being resisted, even with barfira and shell, they'd just spew fire all over our faces. Was a nightmare.

Another oddity is during earth weather, their aggro range is huge.

In fire weather, they all have seem to have auto-meditate, and store TP+2193084098 god knows.

Well people wanted harder mobs.. Akpallu (or whatever they're called) and these are what we get. ; ;

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

im happy these were fun to xp on. Also next to these were the Jagils, they have a new move "Recoil Dive" or something, it's just like a DRG jump, the fish flies in the air and flops on people, front conal.

I haven't exped much in the new areas. Trees east of Nashmau and the Trolls near Cerberus. The trolls were fun, diamond hide was a joke. The trees were okay, I guess. We had 2 Soboro SAM in our party though so they went down fast. Weakness to slash attacks I think, gooooooood exp.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Incinerate isn't a TP move. I fight friar rush'es a lot with grub pets and they incinerate at less than 100tp frequently. Incinerate usage seems to be determined by percent hp or damage rate instead.

Vobent

Then what about the Cocoon? That's TP based

<edit> or do they just toss all TP out the window and made all WS's JA's? :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Blue Mage crawlers ;_;

Old Merits
    BG Level

Cocoon and Sticky Thread are TP based. Incinerate really doesn't seem to be since I have seen it go off on immediate engage on days other than fire day.

I'll go mess around on beast tonight if I'm not doing limbus. Just checking TP during fireday should be sufficient to see if they do in fact get auto-tp.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I have not seen them use incinerate it outside of a TP move. I fought countless ones outside in Bhalfau thickets, aswell as while i was on BST, i'd use Sic and they'd use Incinerate (and then i'd check sic, said 0% TP)

edit : I wasnt talking about firesday epigram, talking about fire Weather.

Recoil Dive is also used by that NM fish on Purnonoguogogug Isle. But that's the only place I've ever seen it.

We XP'd on these 64-68, started off normal XP style, then 67-68 did roaming pt's. Someone warned us about this fire weather thing and on our 2nd time there we started on fire weather... nothing. They were no different from normal. These things are really wierd. Also incnerate hits me (ninja) anywhere between 6HP - 700+HP lol.. really irratic, but awesome XP. Id risk it everytime :D

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by baxta
    We XP'd on these 64-68, started off normal XP style, then 67-68 did roaming pt's. Someone warned us about this fire weather thing and on our 2nd time there we started on fire weather... nothing. They were no different from normal. These things are really wierd. Also incnerate hits me (ninja) anywhere between 6HP - 700+HP lol.. really irratic, but awesome XP. Id risk it everytime :D
    Hm, where were you camping, if you don't mind me asking.

Black Belt
    BG Level

at Mount Zhayolm, anywhere from L-8 to H-9, there's room for like 5 PTs.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    at Mount Zhayolm, anywhere from L-8 to H-9, there's room for like 5 PTs.
    <3!!!
    Gunna try this out when my friend logs on!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    Incinerate isn't a TP move. I fight friar rush'es a lot with grub pets and they incinerate at less than 100tp frequently. Incinerate usage seems to be determined by percent hp or damage rate instead.
    How's your supply of bomb cores?

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I think he means Friar Lantern's?
    But he should have gotten that right.. i mean.. he exp's on them all the time!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I think he means Friar Lantern's?
    But he should have gotten that right.. i mean.. he exp's on them all the time!
    I've seen the Friar's Lanterns around, though if there had been some secret colony of Friar Rushes, I would have rushed home to sell my bomb core real quick.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sorry, had the names messed up. I'd be a hell of a lot richer, or maybe just MPK"ed a lot more if that was the case ;;. I do have a very large selection of troll and moblin armors though...

Fire weather really isn't all that common in Halvung though. It seems to cycle through earth weather a lot so it might be a while before I can check out the fire weather, assuming it occurs there. Incinerate does seem to use tp, but not require 100tp to perform. I know i've done fight -> sic and then immediately seen an incinerate more than a few times.

This might be another weird occurence like crits and chiggoes.

Vobent: usually we camp at (L-8 ) right as you come out of the tunnel, if you want to roam, then anywhere around that big opening is fine, the repops are quite fast, our highest chain was about 14 i think, which at 67 i didn't think was all that bad :D

I just this second came out of a pt there (trying to catch up a little with static >.<) and we camped way more south, about (I-10) and frankly it was crap lol. too many mobs popping on us, and no where really to actually camp, probbly a good place to roam also, but not to stand and fight, we didnt even really have room to seperate melee/mage. Hope you have fun there Im really gutted we have to move on from here lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Just posted this here;

"Just to cover this, it is (a TP move). The reason that happened is because during Fire Weather (and maybe days) the new fire Crawlers in Halvung and Zhayolm generate TP up to 300 while innactive. It's also thought that they have regen + haste as well during this time but I can't confirm that."

I thought I told you about this on AIM, Wafik? If not, I meant to lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast