Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Conquest is doomed :(     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Conquest does offer XP bonuses, the Empress Ring is bought with conquest. 7k of "free" xp per week is pretty nice. I still heavily use the outpost rings as well. Get ported to Jeuno, and one of the 4 regions around it is almost always under control of my nation, step into that, click and outpost back to home country. It's saved me hours in the last couple weeks running around learning these BLU spells.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Yes, you can obtain bands with conquest points, but it's not restricted to giving you said bonuses only when you have signet up so the incentive other than to keep an extra 700 points or so lying around is sort of moot. Plus the extra 7k a week sort of pales in comparison to the fact that I make double that in less than an hour nowadays in TOAU exp zones <_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've suggested in my LS that we should try to form a few Uleguerand Range merit parties a week to keep the Xarcabard outpost up and running. But man, it is really hard to say no to a free 15% XP...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I've suggested in my LS that we should try to form a few Uleguerand Range merit parties a week to keep the Xarcabard outpost up and running. But man, it is really hard to say no to a free 15% XP...

You are not only saying no to a 2-3k bonus xp per hour, but you're also saying no to ~100-200k gold per hour.

That, and the satisfaction to murder cute little flying demon with big head.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Conquest does offer XP bonuses, the Empress Ring is bought with conquest. 7k of "free" xp per week is pretty nice. I still heavily use the outpost rings as well. Get ported to Jeuno, and one of the 4 regions around it is almost always under control of my nation, step into that, click and outpost back to home country. It's saved me hours in the last couple weeks running around learning these BLU spells.
    I've got enough useless CP built up to buy empress charges for the next year. (And, I typically use it for low-level jobs where it has more impact, which coincidentally xp in conquest areas, so I earn 300 CP for every 100CP spent on a charge...)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I've got enough useless CP built up to buy empress charges for the next year.
    Me too.

In my opinion, the only two truly priceless items CP offers are Master Caster's Bracelets and Presidential Hairpin. To get either you need to be Rank 8 Windurst or Bastok and earn 400k exp for either while being with that nation. I've always wanted a Presidential Hairpin but am I willing to zerg annoying missions all over again, lose every single OP in the game (except Kolshushu...) and level half of an entire new job without ToAU bonuses to get it? No.

Old Merits
    BG Level

In a few months we will all get tired of ToAU and go back to CoP/Zilart/Original content.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    In a few months we will all get tired of ToAU and go back to CoP/Zilart/Original content.
    lies

E. Body
    BG Level

CoP had content? News to me.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Like I said before, why the hell doesn't Signet have the things Sanction has? Walahra Turban okay, but any reason for not giving exp bonus and some latents.
    There is a LOT of good CP gear, its just all old and already in circulation. The bonuses are, say, empress bands, crystals, etc. Yeah they should add some kinda turbanesque thingy, but CP was very good for quite a while.
    yea an item like turban, lets say a pair of gloves thats gives, oh, haste+5%. Make leathercrafters even more happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I've got enough useless CP built up to buy empress charges for the next year.
    Me too.

In my opinion, the only two truly priceless items CP offers are Master Caster's Bracelets and Presidential Hairpin. To get either you need to be Rank 8 Windurst or Bastok and earn 400k exp for either while being with that nation. I've always wanted a Presidential Hairpin but am I willing to zerg annoying missions all over again, lose every single OP in the game (except Kolshushu...) and level half of an entire new job without ToAU bonuses to get it? No.
    I can endure doing the dumb missions again. The killer for me is losing my outposts. Fortunately, I'm not badly in need of MC Bracelets, and won't be unless I suddenly decide to level rdm

When they do preserve outposts, I'll probably become Windurstian, because of all the wonderful clothcraft CP upgrades for Windurst items.

Rng doesn't get anything out of haste >.>

And CP is insanely important for rngs because of Patriach Protector's Arrows, Even if you have one your gonna need another eventually.
    Who cares about RNG?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Signet could and should give the following bonuses in order to keep people interested in conquest and actually try to make their country first:

Exping in an area controlled by your nation: +10% Exp

Exping while your nation is first: +10% Exp
    Exping while your nation is second: +5% Exp
    Exping while your nation is last: +0% Exp

This brings the total maximum exp bonus to +20% - 5% more than ToAU's maximum exp.

Here's the kicker:

Your party consists of 2 Bastokans, 2 San d'Orians, and 2 Windurstians. Where do you exp?

It would, however, disperse exp parties out of overcrowded areas, such as Boyahda, Valkurm, Qufim, etc. If Valkurm was under San d'Orian control, and you're Bastokan, would you not to go Bastokan-controlled Buburimu to exp instead?

The idea has quirks that could be worked out, but the idea is there. Being in first place should give some kind of cool bonus with Signet. (Obviously this wouldn't extend to ToAU areas or Lumoria)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

^

That would break conquest even more. People with +20% would be tempted to xp even more, making them win even more conquest.

Wizerd, that would screw up static parties and any attempt at keeping levels close in normal parties...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Wizerd, that would screw up static parties and any attempt at keeping levels close in normal parties...
    Feel free to provide your own suggestions instead of writing others off in a condescending manner.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Signet could and should give the following bonuses in order to keep people interested in conquest and actually try to make their country first:

Exping in an area controlled by your nation: +10% Exp

Exping while your nation is first: +10% Exp
    Exping while your nation is second: +5% Exp
    Exping while your nation is last: +0% Exp

This brings the total maximum exp bonus to +20% - 5% more than ToAU's maximum exp.

Here's the kicker:

Your party consists of 2 Bastokans, 2 San d'Orians, and 2 Windurstians. Where do you exp?

It would, however, disperse exp parties out of overcrowded areas, such as Boyahda, Valkurm, Qufim, etc. If Valkurm was under San d'Orian control, and you're Bastokan, would you not to go Bastokan-controlled Buburimu to exp instead?

The idea has quirks that could be worked out, but the idea is there. Being in first place should give some kind of cool bonus with Signet. (Obviously this wouldn't extend to ToAU areas or Lumoria)

Banned.

BG Level

In my opinion? First off, make EFs and Garrison like Assault, where you set the cap. Add rewards to EF and better rewards to Garrison(based on level cap and what not). Make Garrison effect conquest. Give the option to buy Latent: Refresh, Latent: Regain, and extended food effects, or perhaps something different like... hMP, hHP, haste, store TP, or increased movement speed... with CP. Anyway, the power of these additions, plus a exp bonus, would be based on a stat, lets call it "Service Score". Service Score goes up based on how many times you do EFs and Garrison you do. However, slowly this score drops, maybe by one EF or Garrison worth of points a month(at the maximun strength of slowing decrease). The rate of increase and decrease in Service Score depends on your rank and where you nation places itself on Conquest.

Furthermore, you could make a HNMish NM in all the zones with Outposts that pops every conquest. This NM could have a damage cap that make it killable by groups of level 60s and 75s. The alliance that kills the NM gets a big boost in their Service Score. You could only engage it if your nation owns the area. It could also drop some decent weapons, probably based on the weather effects in that zone(Meri Mountains, could be a Katana with both an enfire and enstone effect on it, maybe a couple +STR and +VIT).

The rewards for Garrison and EFs itself would probably a set of rings, belts, or earrings that come in sets of level 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70(based on the cap you choose) with stats good towards certain jobs.

That would make three areas in the game that are ignored, unignored, and more important of people of many levels, not just end-game. I'm rambling on. It's not my fault you guys started talking about ideas to fix conquest.

Get mercanar's gear if you're windurstian... If you have cloth leveled you can turn them into windurstian/federation gear. If youre high enough cloth you can HQ them with consistence... it adds up.

Much better than spending 50k cp on a collar or something.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At the festival, didn't they say keeping OP was a good idea? After looking at what is happening with the old regions, I wouldn't be surprized they impliment this. It would be the easiest to do without having to add new gear and it would probably work to some extent.

Personally I'd like to see more gear, as pretty much all CP gear from sandy sucks donkey balls but I don't want to lose OP.