BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Exp     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taku
    Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    You wouldn't get better exp being powerleveled. XD Also, you could PL a char right to 75 this way, whereas you can't efficiently do that with normal powerleveling
    Well, at lvl 11 on a melee job I can get 4~5k/hour pretty easily with a 2nd account BLM PL... so for a merit PT to top that, they'd have to make 27k~34k/hour with 5 people.

Sure, you could go all the way to 75 like that, but ewww D; With that equation, from 11->75 would be 1,282,845 exp... Roughly 107 hours of leeching 5 people in a 12k/hour PT. You'd have to be a RL girl or something to get that kinda leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    People still take set PTs to Valkurm?
    I prefer dunes, because korro is too rough at 11, and everytime we change to korro halfway through a dunes run someone just has to hit the AH or go AFK for an hour. Then we get to there only to find no worms up cause some lvl 30 is soloing them.
    Go to Maze of Shakrami then Korroloka Tunnel duh... man everyone just misses the maze...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Anyone know what time you have between chain for every level?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You wouldn't get better exp being powerleveled. XD Also, you could PL a char right to 75 this way, whereas you can't efficiently do that with normal powerleveling
    Well, at lvl 11 on a melee job I can get 4~5k/hour pretty easily with a 2nd account BLM PL... so for a merit PT to top that, they'd have to make 27k~34k/hour with 5 people.

Sure, you could go all the way to 75 like that, but ewww D; With that equation, from 11->75 would be 1,282,845 exp... Roughly 107 hours of leeching 5 people in a 12k/hour PT. You'd have to be a RL girl or something to get that kinda leverage.
    Again, the previously posted formulae are inaccurate. And you do realize that you'd get more exp each level than the one before, right? I dunno if you accounted for that with your 1,282,845 exp, but assuming a constant 15k/hr (not hard with 5 people), that's 85 1/2 hours. 10 days of good meritting to get a friend to 75, and have them return the favour, and do this for each member in the party? I'd do it. Considering the merits are going to be expanded soon and I'm not even close to capping out what I need...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Again, the previously posted formulae are inaccurate. And you do realize that you'd get more exp each level than the one before, right? I dunno if you accounted for that with your 1,282,845 exp, but assuming a constant 15k/hr (not hard with 5 people), that's 85 1/2 hours. 10 days of good meritting to get a friend to 75, and have them return the favour, and do this for each member in the party? I'd do it. Considering the merits are going to be expanded soon and I'm not even close to capping out what I need...
    Yea, I calculated that in.

60 days of meritting for 8.5 hours a day for 6 people? o_O You definately have a lot more patience than I do... and some really badass friends who can pull 15k/hour with 5 people. Mad props to anybody who can make 128 merits in 10 days.

If you're going to be hanging out with 5 people that long, why not just make a static with all lvl 11 jobs? lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yea, I calculated that in.

60 days of meritting for 8.5 hours a day for 6 people? o_O You definately have a lot more patience than I do... and some really badass friends who can pull 15k/hour with 5 people. Mad props to anybody who can make 128 merits in 10 days.

If you're going to be hanging out with 5 people that long, why not just make a static with all lvl 11 jobs? lol
    Because lv11 jobs fucking suck. I think I might use this to PL my group's static jobs to lv47, though, where our highest member currenty has her RDM.

Also, I don't have that patience while on NIN, but when I'm pulling using my gf's BRD, it's fucking fun and I have a blast. XD Oh yeah, and I was the one pulling 15k/hr with 5 people... it jumps to 18k+ with 6, high chains are cool. Too bad there are so many Puks, they get in the way sometimes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I absolutely hate level 11 type parties.. If I managed to get one in the LS, sure thats fine.. but most people in my LS would rather merit their main then level some random level 11 job, if they even have one. It would be used as purely a sub and dark magic is capped on rdm, so its not like a really care about scythe/GS skill... Think imma try it sometime and I will let you guys know if the exp is what the formula predicted

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    I absolutely hate level 11 type parties.. If I managed to get one in the LS, sure thats fine.. but most people in my LS would rather merit their main then level some random level 11 job, if they even have one. It would be used as purely a sub and dark magic is capped on rdm, so its not like a really care about scythe/GS skill... Think imma try it sometime and I will let you guys know if the exp is what the formula predicted
    Just hijack one of your Bard's accounts (Shinzu), throw a few people together and dual box him. Voila, level 37 in one weekend.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Level 10 character leeching Level 75 solo exp:

4 exp vs 41 exp. (Chigoe)
    27 exp from chain #1 (works out to 23 exp base) vs 179 exp (base). Marid

This works out to between 12-13% of the lv75's exp. At 15k/hr, that's 1875 exp per hour (using 12.5%).

Level 34 character leeching Level 75 solo exp:

12 exp vs 28 exp. (Lesser Colibri)

This works out to between 43-46% of the lv75's exp. At 15k/hr, that's 6675 exp per hour (using 44.5%).

Both with the same exp conditions including sanction. The latter is a smaller sample with more margain for error, but it shows that it's significant and almost definately faster than PLing or even making a party (or at least easier).

Level 10 character leeching Level 75 solo exp:

4 exp vs 41 exp. (Chigoe)
    27 exp from chain #1 (works out to 23 exp base) vs 179 exp (base). Marid

This works out to between 12-13% of the lv75's exp. At 15k/hr, that's 1875 exp per hour (using 12.5%).

Level 34 character leeching Level 75 solo exp:

12 exp vs 28 exp. (Lesser Colibri)

This works out to between 43-46% of the lv75's exp. At 15k/hr, that's 6675 exp per hour (using 44.5%).

Both with the same exp conditions including sanction. The latter is a smaller sample with more margain for error, but it shows that it's significant and almost definately faster than PLing or even making a party (or at least easier).
    Conclusion: PL until after Attohwa worms start sucking (35+) then leech.
    Don't forget that xp scrolls are a great way to tack on extra xp to those jobs you hate every week. My whm is about to ding 38, and I haven't partied since 32.

How much additional time is going to take to skillup the 75 who has all his skills gimped to hell and back.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhus
    How much additional time is going to take to skillup the 75 who has all his skills gimped to hell and back.
    I think it's a safe assumption to make that anyone in the position to leech a level 75 party's EXP is not going to have to worry about that due to having [insert skill here] already leveled on a previous job.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I think it's a safe assumption to make that anyone in the position to leech a level 75 party's EXP is not going to have to worry about that due to having [insert skill here] already leveled on a previous job.
    Ohnoes my summoning magic is gimped.

I would <3 to do this for SMN.

My thf went from 26-28 with exp scrolls alone, then I bit the bullet and exped from there to 30 and got enough exp to bloodport, left the party, and learned to SATA on my warrior lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Personally, I think I will just use this to get my static's new jobs from 30 to 48 or so, so we can static from there on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    To be super specific, Stellar wants to be able to cast Stun on RDM, period. so any comments about scythe skill is trivial.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Conclusion: PL until after Attohwa worms start sucking (35+) then leech.
    Don't forget that xp scrolls are a great way to tack on extra xp to those jobs you hate every week. My whm is about to ding 38, and I haven't partied since 32.
    I used scrolls to get my THF from 20 to 25. Scrolls kick ass.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I leveled my ninja to 30, and to 37 on crappy xp parties and xp scrolls, I only bought Utsusemi at 30 because for some reason people wouldn't invite me if I didn't have it, but that's the only thing I bought, bastards.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i leveled NIN from 37 to 57 on Promyvion ENMs and skill up PTs

I leveled SMN from 35 to 53 with just ENMs and XP scrolls, and WHM from 38 to 47 the same way. WHM skills were already capped from rdm but my summoning magic skill is 80...not that it'd skill up much more in exp pts though