+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exp     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Exp

Anyone know the equation for experience points for a lower level player in the party..

For instance. 5 75's getting 200 exp per mob and a level 11 character. What experience would the level 11 character get per mob?

Thanks..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think its just a ratio based on the xp required for that level.

e.g. if 75 is 44k and 11 is, I don't know, say 2600.. then a 75 getting 200 means the 11 will get 200 x 2600/44000 = 11-12 xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterytour
    Adjustment by lv diff. within a party
    If there is a difference in players' levels within a party, adjustment is made to the EXP earned based on the following fomula.

Supposing the highest-leveled player in a party is A,
    Formula 1 is supreme to Formula 2

1. At least one of the party members is Lv51 or up, OR the level difference between you and A is 8 or more.
    EXP = EXP based on the lv diff. between a monster and A * your lv / A's lv

2. If the above condition doesn't apply
    EXP = EXP based on the lv diff. between a monster and A * EXP needed to the next lv BY YOU / EXP needed to the next lv BY A
    If the 6-man party yielded 200 XP for the 75s, then the monster was level 87 or above.
    A = 75
    EXP = ((87-75)*11)/75 = 1.76 ~= 1 XP

If I misinterpreted Mysterytour, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhus
    If there is a difference in players' levels within a party, adjustment is made to the EXP earned based on the following fomula.

1. At least one of the party members is Lv51 or up, OR the level difference between you and A is 8 or more.

EXP = EXP based on the lv diff. between a monster and A * EXP needed to the next lv BY YOU / EXP needed to the next lv BY A
    If the 6-man party yielded 200 XP for the 75s, then the monster was level 87 or above.
    A = 75

That is correct.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Eonar

The guy a few posts down has it right.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I don't think that is actually right the way you are doing the math. If you do the same computation for a level 74 in a level 75 party,

A = 75
    EXP = ((87-75)*74)/75) = 11.84 where we know it will actually be just below 200 xp really.

I think this tells you the xp based on monster level difference so a mob that gives xp based on 12 levels from a level 75, will only give xp based on 11.84 levels from a 74.

Likewise a level 11 will get xp based on a mob only 1.76 levels above it. (ie my guess here would be if a 75 got 200, a level 11 would get roughly 45-49 xp from it.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

A = 75

That is correct.
    Is it?

The bolded part above would be 200, so 200 * 11 / 75 = 29.3, no?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taku

A = 75

That is correct.
    Is it?

I think you are right. My guess of 45-49 was off somehow when I did it in my head. 29.3 is what I get with my calculator too

A = 75

That is correct.
    Is it?

Edit, you may be correct...just kinda find it strange a lvl11 would get 30EXP...but it works with other formulas. Basically its all ratio, you get EXP in a ratio directly proportionate to your level to the highest level in the PT. I dont know why they make it so confusing. A level 74 gets 74/75ths the EXP a level 75 gets, etc... so on and so-forth

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The (87-75) should be the EXP based on the level difference between a monster and A, not the level difference between a monster and A.

e.g. if the exp based on the level difference between a monster and A is 200 xp, then 200*11/75 = 29.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm, do you think the level 11 character would benefit from chains? :3

Could get confusing now..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A level 11 character would get the chain bonus on the 29 XP.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar

Chain 0: Base exp
    Chain 1: +20%
    Chain 2: +25%
    Chain 3: +30%
    Chain 4: +40%
    Chain 5: +50%

So assuming you're in a PT where 5 people are getting Chain5 and 300 exp per kill off of IT's, you're getting 43 exp.

It's totally not worth it, I wouldn't even consider it. If you're going to leech 5 people's exp in a merit PT, you might as well just ask one of them to PL you and get way better exp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well.. would you rather power level someone and get absolutely nothing? Or let them leech while you still get exp?

5 people could get 12k an hour in bhaflau thickets and my drk could get 2k per hour.. sounds good to me!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Too bad those charts have been totally shot ever since SE changed the exp formulas.

They did 2 things:

A) Changed the exp required for lv51+
    - The amount of reduced exp was not changed with this, though. Also, a lv56 in a lv59 party would theoretically get the same exp in the old system, as 20,000 was needed for each level. That wasn't the case - the lv56 received reduced exp.

B) Changed the amount of exp gained from mobs to include a larger range. They increased the range that EP/DC gave, thus making EP/DC worth more per kill, and they increased the cap on base exp from 200 to 300 for lv60+(or was it lv55+?), and 200 to 250 for lv50+.

Whether B would affect the exp gained by a lv11 character, I don't know, but you can't use the old charts to calculate this, as it's inaccurate and old.

Chain 0: Base exp
    Chain 1: +20%
    Chain 2: +25%
    Chain 3: +30%
    Chain 4: +40%
    Chain 5: +50%

So assuming you're in a PT where 5 people are getting Chain5 and 300 exp per kill off of IT's, you're getting 43 exp.

It's totally not worth it, I wouldn't even consider it. If you're going to leech 5 people's exp in a merit PT, you might as well just ask one of them to PL you and get way better exp.
    You wouldn't get better exp being powerleveled. XD Also, you could PL a char right to 75 this way, whereas you can't efficiently do that with normal powerleveling

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well.. would you rather power level someone and get absolutely nothing? Or let them leech while you still get exp?

5 people could get 12k an hour in bhaflau thickets and my drk could get 2k per hour.. sounds good to me!
    I would rather do neither...

Assuming the 5-man PT could get 12k hour, you're still only getting 1760/hour... Die from AoE on accident? -200/hour

You could solo, with no PL at all, worms in konchtat for better exp...

Why not start a dunes PT with your LS? =p Get 5~6 people who want to lvl a job through dunes and go from 11->20 in one day...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I would rather do neither...

Assuming the 5-man PT could get 12k hour, you're still only getting 1760/hour... Die from AoE on accident? -200/hour

You could solo, with no PL at all, worms in konchtat for better exp...

Why not start a dunes PT with your LS? =p Get 5~6 people who want to lvl a job through dunes and go from 11->20 in one day...
    What about dual boxing, and using a 5 man party to PL the char you aren't playing?

Example:

BRD RDM WAR(you, lv75) WAR NIN DRK(you, lv10)

So you play WAR, while making sure DRK is just in range of exp, out of AoE area. Would be pretty fun. Of course, this would require using a second account, like a friend's account who wants exp or something.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    You wouldn't get better exp being powerleveled. XD Also, you could PL a char right to 75 this way, whereas you can't efficiently do that with normal powerleveling
    Well, at lvl 11 on a melee job I can get 4~5k/hour pretty easily with a 2nd account BLM PL... so for a merit PT to top that, they'd have to make 27k~34k/hour with 5 people.

Sure, you could go all the way to 75 like that, but ewww D; With that equation, from 11->75 would be 1,282,845 exp... Roughly 107 hours of leeching 5 people in a 12k/hour PT. You'd have to be a RL girl or something to get that kinda leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    People still take set PTs to Valkurm?
    I prefer dunes, because korro is too rough at 11, and everytime we change to korro halfway through a dunes run someone just has to hit the AH or go AFK for an hour. Then we get to there only to find no worms up cause some lvl 30 is soloing them.