Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick question... please settle this argument...

My friend and I are arguing about how many hit WS Jin actually is.

This is his exact statement: "3hits from main hand and 1 hit off hand when dual wielding"

Ok, I know that every source on the net says 3x hit and all this time I have played I believed it to be 3x. But he insists its 4, 3 from main, 1 from off. Can someone settle this? I am ready to be flamed, I just want to know once and for all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Take off your other katana. Notice Jin is still 3 hits? Put the other katana back on. Look at the TP. Done and done.

JIN is a 3-hit weaponskill.

All weaponskills get an extra hit when you dual-wield.

3+1 = 4

It's not Blade: Jin that gives the fourth hit, but the dual-wield.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

it's a 3 hit ws, but offhands will hit on a WS (unless it misses of course)

That's why as /nin you usually get 1% more TP than as anything else on WS's, i dunno about the new TP nerf crap if WS TP gain has changed.

Thank you.

Wait, aren't you that nin that asked about gear before, you know, that nin that seems to not know much about nin, even though you sig says you are 75 nin? *reads post* Man, I wonder how much did you pay for your account, since it seems you really don't know shit at all.

Yeah, Jin is 3 main and 1 offhand. This also plays into the fact that you can get a maximum of 2 double attack procs on a Jin, one for each base hand hit.

Also, you don't actually just get 1 more tp when dual wielding, you get full tp for the main and off hands. i.e., if you get 5 per hand, you'll get 5+5+1+1 = 12. With only one weapon equipped, you'll get 5+1+1 = 7. However, any double attack procs will only give 1 extra tp. So you get all kinds of messy numbers like 6 (1 main hit and 1 ws hit), 8 (1 main hit, two ws hits and a double attack proc), etc.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

You can blade jin with 1 katana in your hand ._. so at the very base of its existence it's 3 hits but, as stated, you always get an extra offhand hit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Wait, aren't you that nin that asked about gear before, you know, that nin that seems to not know much about nin, even though you sig says you are 75 nin? *reads post* Man, I wonder how much did you pay for your account, since it seems you really don't know shit at all.
    Because you know, everyone should automatically assume that even though the description says "3 hit WS," that it's actually 4 hits when dual wielding.

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Because you know, everyone should automatically assume that even though the description says "3 hit WS," that it's actually 4 hits when dual wielding.

Wafik is not a 75 Nin, he knew, I am not a 75 Nin (37 atm) and I knew this, I would expect a lvl 75 Nin (according to him) to know about his job, this person doesn't seem to know shit, look at his other posts as well, I recall him asking about what to wear as a nin as well...Sorry, after lvl 50 in a job, one should know what works and what does not work, anyone who is 75 should know by then, no excuses (ok ok..if they rmt'd into the account they would not know, which is my point).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Wafik is not a 75 Nin, he knew, I am not a 75 Nin (37 atm) and I knew this, I would expect a lvl 75 Nin (according to him) to know about his job, this person doesn't seem to know shit, look at his other posts as well, I recall him asking about what to wear as a nin as well...Sorry, after lvl 50 in a job, one should know what works and what does not work, anyone who is 75 should know by then, no excuses (ok ok..if they rmt'd into the account they would not know, which is my point).
    I've played 2 jobs that naturally get an extra offhand hit (MNK then NIN) for 2 and a half (that's how long it's been out right?) years now, and I didn't know about the offhand extra hit thing until about 6 months ago. It's not "common knowledge," it's something you have to look for to find the answer, or be a no-lifer who views forums daily. (Not saying that's a bad thing)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

there isnt anything wrong about askin questions about a certain jobs.. atleast he's askin to be a better player people like u make me wonder how high is the broom shoved up ur arse.. u act like ur suppose to know everythign already.... so how did u find out about ur gear? how did u find out about how to play? BECAUSE U ASK QUESTIONS. Just because he asked a question u quickly assumed he bought his acct. People like u need to think

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

It's common knowledge, especially for a main-job NIN.
    It's not "common knowledge," it's something you have to look for to find the answer, or be a no-lifer who views forums daily.
    Or be able to count to 12

Quote Originally Posted by mustbenice

there isnt anything wrong about askin questions about a certain jobs.. atleast he's askin to be a better player people like u make me wonder how high is the broom shoved up ur arse.. u act like ur suppose to know everythign already.... so how did u find out about ur gear? how did u find out about how to play? BECAUSE U ASK QUESTIONS. Just because he asked a question u quickly assumed he bought his acct. People like u need to think
    Actually, I look to see what gear is out there (AH, pol, forums-many ways to, like most people do), and from that I decide what would work best for me from my knowledge of what my job is capable off(again, what most all people do), you know, a thing called experience(what people have if they leveled the job/played for a while)... My point still stands, and last I checked, I don't have a broom up my ass, thank you for asking though.

I think the only question i ever asked about ninja gear on these forums was to some bald headed hume ninja about whether breeze gorget was worth it or not. Twolves was his name i believe.

I didn't seem to think of it as that much of a deal. I learned something new after 2+ years of FF, so what?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You'd think KI would have stickies for threads like this.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sorry to derail but heres another ninja question. A ninja on my server told me warwolf > speed belt. Is that true? (See sig)

Edit: talking about TP / DoT, not WS (I know Warwolf is better for WS)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ask him to lend you his speed belt so you can parse the answer for yourself.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Sorry to derail but heres another ninja question. A ninja on my server told me warwolf > speed belt. Is that true? (See sig)

Edit: talking about TP / DoT, not WS (I know Warwolf is better for WS)
    Silly Ninja. You should be stocking up on INT gear and moldavite earring for elemental ninjutsu!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Ask him to lend you his speed belt so you can parse the answer for yourself.
    ^ what he said.