Thread: BURN IN HELL BESIEGED!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

lolpeoplewhokeepHPinAlZahbiandthenwhineaboutnotbei ngabletologin

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Alexander?
    Yes, on Alexander... and no, I'm not lying. I got warped to the far end of Saruomunge today.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

anyone else DC as soon as you hit return to home point? it's happened 2 fucking times already and is lowering the amount of IS I get.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    anyone else DC as soon as you hit return to home point? it's happened 2 fucking times already and is lowering the amount of IS I get.
    No its just you

On another note I got stuck in the besieged CS today. Screen just went black with Menues still open but would never start the actual besieged. Had to force d/c and due to weekendtraffic was never able to log back

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Alexander?
    Yes, on Alexander... and no, I'm not lying. I got warped to the far end of Saruomunge today.
    Just checking, I play on alex as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    No its just you

On another note I got stuck in the besieged CS today. Screen just went black with Menues still open but would never start the actual besieged. Had to force d/c and due to weekendtraffic was never able to log back
    Same thing happened to me just now on Pandy... and we're getting attacked by all 3 beastmen hordes. Trying to log back in, and absolutely can't.

Reminds me of that Snickers commercial. "Not going anywhere for a while? Grab some BG forums."

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Whenever besieged happens when I"m in al zahbi or zoning in I always get kicked offline and can't get back on for like 30-45 minutes. Fukcing pisses me off.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

they should just warp everyone to Whitegate after the besieged CS, and maybe deny access to anyone not 70+ into the zone while besieged is going on.

i mean i miss a shit load on mnk and nin without sushi vs the mobs in there so i dont think anyone in the 60's or lower is going to do much more than take up space.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Note to self: Dont go into you mog house right before they invade.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

it's sad when I have to /sea Alzahbi before warping back there, lest I be stuck in "Downloading data" limbo...

Banned.

BG Level

Besieged with 400 can work, especiallly if they remain as hard as they do and we stay split up. It's when numbers go above 500 when stuff starts getting crazy anyway.

They need to make it like Ballista. Everyone gets 1:00 min Reraise, going up 1:00 per death. Unnerf BLM, but leave Boss NM just as resistant to magic or whatever. Optional, make it Level +60 only, raising to +70 only if there is more than 400 +70s in the zone, and +73 if there is more than 400 +73s in the zone(however, it doesn't cap from there, level 73s will never have worry about losing their chance).

However, the best way to fix Besieged? Make Conquest worth it and fun. I made a good post about this already. I need to get in contact with SE and shove this down their throats.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

someone calculate how fast you can get 75 by camping besiege and never zoning out gogogo

Quote Originally Posted by bulk
    someone calculate how fast you can get 75 by camping besiege and never zoning out gogogo
    1000+ Beseiges, considering it's over 750k XP to 75. And if they happen once a day, that's way over 3.5 years, gg

aka it won't happen lollerskates.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

3 a day (700 max a piece, 2100 for all 3)
    750k ish to 75

357days

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Besieged with 400 can work, especiallly if they remain as hard as they do and we stay split up. It's when numbers go above 500 when stuff starts getting crazy anyway.
    Dynamis doesn't work very well with 64, so I'm not sure why you think Besieged will work with 400. Either way, people sure aren't going to remain split up. Single players are going to rush back to the gates where there are mobs, and groups that have been scattered randomly across the zone are going to run... back to the gates to meet back up and where there are mobs to actually fight.

If I get dumped down by the AH I can either sit there for half an hour, do nothing and get nothing... or I can run back to the gates and fight the mobs.

They really need to instance this, cut it down to groups of 32. It was so bad last night, I could change gear and my model wouldn't change, I'd have the right gear in equipment list but not physicaly. People's HP bars in the list on the right would be completely innaccurate, you had to target them to get their correct HPs. Most of the time I didn't even get a spell bar, and recast numbers weren't appearing in my list for raise, it would always apear as 0 recast even after I'd just cast it. Most of the time I didn't even see the mob I was fighting or that was hitting me. And F8 was constantly targetting pets instead of the "invisible" mobs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i was able to deal with it up until last night. there were 750 people in zone last night (friday night ftw), i couldnt shoot an arrow off, change gear wouldnt show up physically, if i did get an arrow off my toon would be stuck in ranged attack animation without shooting--not a single animation would go on..

just extremely shitty. of course, crashed near the end of the 2nd attack last night, and was naturally unable to relogon, wasting all my ammo that i did use for nothing. there needs to be some kind of caps, and some way to relocate people if the zone is 'congested'. it was just stupid last night

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

they need to block anyone whos below lv65 (and thats being nice) from entering al'zhabi durring besieged.

Boot people out / lock people out and giveh some message:
    "We're sorry, but you are not strong enough to defend the city of Aht Urhgan".

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    they need to block anyone whos below lv65 (and thats being nice) from entering al'zhabi durring besieged.

Boot people out / lock people out and giveh some message:
    "We're sorry, but you are not strong enough to defend the city of Aht Urhgan".
    This is a decent idea, but SE knows already if they did that players would only complain making matters worse.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well, as it stands people aren't just doing nothing, they're also causing more trouble. If I have 'any' degree of difficulty hitting mobs on my 75, a 55 should have no business even trying to help unless they're tricked out as hell (and even then...)

That being said, yesterday during Phoenix's triple-header, I couldn't help but notice that someone was crafting in the bastion, in the middle of about 300 people. It didn't display the crystal/results/etc, but still, why are people crafting in the fucking bastion!

Anyhow, forced attendance limits are a good idea, but if they add them SE will also have to forcibly move everyone's HP to Whitegate from Al Zahbi.

Banned.

BG Level

Dynamis doesn't work very well with 64, so I'm not sure why you think Besieged will work with 400. Either way, people sure aren't going to remain split up. Single players are going to rush back to the gates where there are mobs, and groups that have been scattered randomly across the zone are going to run... back to the gates to meet back up and where there are mobs to actually fight.
    Have you actually done Besieged (recently)?

The monsters get into the main court quickly and split up like crazy. And the biggest reason is... I've seen it with 400ish and have lag just as bad or better than a 64-member Dynamis.