+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FF + CO/CA = Cool vid.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Coheed FTW - good video

Think I'll put their album on now infact, makes me wanna listen to it

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Totien
    It was good until the guy started singing. He sounds like someone has his balls in a vice grip.
    Failed attempt at being funny. Successful attempt at being a douche. But really nothing can be deduced about his intellegence from the statement, hence calling him an idiot for not liking your music isn't winning you any s-m-r-t points either.

I'll still argue against opinions being a measure of intellegence though, after all, if you can prove an opinion wrong, then it's a fact (and not an opinion anymore). An opinion is not a fact, because opinions are not falsifiable. That by the way is a fact, and you'd be an idiot to argue it. Didn't your mama teach you the three golden rules?
    1. Everybody is different. (hence different opinions)
    2. Everybody makes mistakes. (You)
    3. You don't have to like it, you just have to eat it. (I had a very traumatizing childhood with brocolli)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was good until the guy started singing. He sounds like someone has his balls in a vice grip.
    I agree, the song is very good but the high pitch voice from the guy really shot the flags up for me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Death Metal sucks for my ears, I can't stand the singing, but the music is most of the time appealing. I can say it sucks, and some people will agree with me. But that doesn't make me an idiot, it just means I don't like it.

Now if I were to say Bethoveen sucks, then I'd be an idiot, because I'm not saying I don't like his music, but rather his work. And I think anyone who is able to do such things, and throw in that he was deaf, is a genius. Then everyone could jump on me and call me an idiot, because I'm saying stupid things about something grand. (I hope that made sense somewhat)

I like COCA sometimes, but he is right, his voice is sometimes too high pitched. He didn't say COCA sucks, he just said how his voice sounds (for him).

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    Coheed FTW - good video

Recommend any of their albums specifically? (or individual songs even) Atm downloading their whole discography.

Good song and good movie, but it was put together in a simple fashion: movie + music. What they were singing about and the tone of the music didnt change with what you were seeing. The best home made music vids I have seen came from http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php .

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

song was good, but FFVII:AC deserves a better song than a song about some girl.

Still hasn't answered me with what he listens to. My guess is because it's death metal or something of the sort and he doesn't wanna look like a hypocrite for insulting how a singer sounds.

Coheed is the most talented band around right now and Claudio (singer and guitarist) is an amazing musician. Each one of their CDs can be argued as a different genre of music. I just get confused when people insult his voice then are able to listen to Rush or Led Zeppelin (Who they get compared to constantly, and if you listen to that song, it's like a Kashmir remake in the background). They're even better if you read the comic books and realize they're not singing about a girl or a relationship but something entirely different.

I said myself that the song didn't go with the video so I'm not sure if you're aiming those comments at me.

And Lockecole, it depends. Like I said each album is different. The newest(Good Apollo: I'm Burning Star IV) is as you can guess more "metal" so to speak, they utilize guitar more. Second album is like in the middle (Ironically) and is a great album. But I still feel the only way to enjoy Coheed is to start from the start on their first album, some great songs on it.

I do get a bit defensive when people insult them only because i've listened to them since they were called Shabutie. They played many to all their shows in N.J. and I went to a majority.

All I can really say, is don't try and judge a band by 1 song. It's stupid. After a while you grow to like when his voice is like that, believe me. (Converted many people lol)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Good beat, too bad their singer sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    Coheed FTW - good video

Recommend any of their albums specifically? (or individual songs even) Atm downloading their whole discography.
    I personally like In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, IMO they are all great, Good Apollo: I'm Burning Star IV is also good all around, Second Stage Turbine Blade I didn't like at first, but it has really grown on me.

Personally, I think Claudio's voice is amazing and I can see where people would be turned off. Yes, its high pitched but he can sustain it when singing live, which I think is a pretty good talent.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Nice. We got a guy on this board who thinks he's better than everyone just because he likes a certain band.

Nice, you're a THF. You are in fact better than noone.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Who would be out TH whores?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Still hasn't answered me with what he listens to. My guess is because it's death metal or something of the sort and he doesn't wanna look like a hypocrite for insulting how a singer sounds.
    Mostly electronica and techno. Some rock here and there when I'm in the mood.

Coheed's band is good, I've listened to a few of their songs. The singer on the other hand should be hitting puberty sometime soon, at which point I'm sure he'll sound alot better.

I'm done here now, I've no reason to explain my opinions to the likes of him.

Mostly electronica and techno. Some rock here and there when I'm in the mood.

Coheed's band is good, I've listened to a few of their songs. The singer on the other hand should be hitting puberty sometime soon, at which point I'm sure he'll sound alot better.

I'm done here now, I've no reason to explain my opinions to the likes of him.
    lol it would be too easy and I don't even need to rag on your taste in music, honestly. All I'll say is BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM WICKA WICKA BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM WICKA WICKA BOOM BOOM BOOM. That's my favorite techno song(s).

Have you seen what Claudio looks like? lol Saying he needs to hit puberty is not only soooo ummmm "high school" of you, it's completely hilarious.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You obviously have never listened to Electronica. Like in all genres, there's good and bad music.

Try taking a look at electronic music as a whole, rather than most of the crap you hear in the local night club. It's so much more grand. Just like every Genre has it's greats and it's bads.

I could say all day metal is all about "death death death antichrist death death death" and I would just be stereotyping to hell.

I said techno.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Have you seen what Claudio looks like?
    Yes. He looks like a mop.

Have you seen what Claudio looks like?
    Yes. He looks like a mop.
    I'd describe it like a shrubbery. My point being, he is like 6'3 and looks strong enough to beat my ass. He also has a normal voice when not singing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

lol it would be too easy and I don't even need to rag on your taste in music, honestly. All I'll say is BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM WICKA WICKA BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM WICKA WICKA BOOM BOOM BOOM. That's my favorite techno song(s).
    Well, its not really my style, but I heard a techno song one time that went like...
    doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom
    And then this other part came in, and it was like...
    doodle-a-doom doodle-a-doom doodle-a-doom doodle-a-doom

And then there's always some kinda high pitched noise, y'know? Or like a siren that's like...
    DOO-DA-DOO-DA-DIDDLE DOO-DA-DOO-DA-DIDDLE DOO-DA-DOO-DA-DIDDLE DOO-DA-DOO-DA-DIDDLE
    And of course they have to put in the obligatory old movie quote from some sci-fi movie. It's like...
    The system is down! The system is down! The system is down! The system is down!