Wyrm ls fights?

hi i'm a player on the ragnarok server.
    i have heard romours that on other servers
    there are SMN/BST ls's that does the wyrm fights
    especially Tiamat any thruth to this? and if so.. how does it work

you throw antlions, courier carries, and garudas at it until it dies

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Oh so there really are ls'es like this on other servers thought it was a myth ;D tnx.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There used to be, on my server. Haven't seen them out there for a while, though.

Did those particular antlions the BSTs use come from far enough away that the MPK patch got them?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i believe they used that ones that spawn from the cracks(for rostrum item). not sure, ask zigma.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pimpp
    i believe they used that ones that spawn from the cracks(for rostrum item). not sure, ask zigma.
    That doesn't make sense because there aren't alot of those and you have to spend time running around on cracks hoping for one to pop out. My guess is they did use the regular antlions in the zone that roam around the Rostrum Pumps NM and further up towards Tiamat.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Since the MPK patch a group of BST beat tiamat over here on titan

So its still very possable to do

BST/SMN alliance would totally wreck CoP wyrms. Guy to ask is Zigma, he used to do the whole BST/SMN alliance thing on Bahamut with Tiamat.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Titan had an all BST ally take her down with the usual WHMs to raise.

I died more times in that tiamat than in the previous 4 my LSes fought but it was an interesting change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby

I died more times in that tiamat than in the previous 4 my LSes fought but it was an interesting change of pace.
    lol sometimes change may not be a good thing.

next Fad like this will be BLU x 15 BRD x3

and take down Wyrms in half the time.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'd imagine the MPK patch would help BST's on this, rather than hinder them.

Before:
    Throw multitude of pets at <HNM>.
    If non-aggro pet, release before it dies to preserve the pet.
    Chase after previously released pets that are wandering home and have regen'd.
    Repeat.

After:
    Release pet before it dies to preserve the pet.
    Chase after previously released pets that have repopped full health.
    Repeat.

You have further to run to retrieve pets, but you don't need to wait for it to regen enough to be used again. At which point it may already be back at it's starting point to begin with.
    Also your aggro pets aren't a problem anymore, as you can release them (so you can fetch them as they quickly repop) and they won't aggro you as before. Prior to patch, depending on battefield, aggro pets were usually use-until-they-die which meant waiting for full respawn timer.

But don't quote me, I haven't really used my BST at all since MPK patch.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I would think the new MPK patch would make it easier to fight Tiamat with pets.

Couldn't you just release a pet when it was about to die, it would then despawn and be available again almost immidietly at its spawn point?

The way I understood the strategy was that some of the alliance was responsible for simply bringing pets to the Bsts actually doing the damage.

Although granted I have no experience as Bst and the old way might have been releasing them so they got back HP then quickly recharming so they didn't have a chance to go far. No idea if that is quicker than them simply repopping at full HP and being brought back.

Edit: I hate you Sheeny, you posted the exact same thing as me as I was writing mine.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

OK, i get the hole bst/smn fight vs Tiamat
    But how about vs Jorm and Vrtra?
    any sucessful tactics there or too big of a problem with the
    bombs and ele at jorm
    and the undead aggro's at vrtra?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeny
    I'd imagine the MPK patch would help BST's on this, rather than hinder them.

Before:
    If non-aggro pet, release before it dies to preserve the pet.
    Chase after previously released pets that are wandering home and have regen'd.
    Repeat.

After:
    Release pet before it dies to preserve the pet.
    Chase after previously released pets that have repopped full health.
    Repeat.

You have further to run to retrieve pets, but you don't need to wait for it to regen enough to be used again. At which point it may already be back at it's starting point to begin with.
    Also your aggro pets aren't a problem anymore, as you can release them (so you can fetch them as they quickly repop) and they won't aggro you as before. Prior to patch, depending on battefield, aggro pets were usually use-until-they-die which meant waiting for full respawn timer.

But don't quote me, I haven't really used my BST at all since MPK patch.
    Correct. Although the respawn is not immediate it might as well be. Tiamat can be done all bst no need for smns. Jorm there is nothing around to use so it's a Jug fest and using smns avatars as tanks.

Vtra is a whole 'nother ballpark.

And yes some servers still have all bst shells still taking them down. Although I heard Shiva server the bsts there have gotten their Tiamat stolen like 3 times. o.O

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The problem is that before the MPK patch, those pets were being brought from all over the zone. It takes a really long time to run to the opposite end of the chasm to retrieve a pet that died or despawned, so the total number of available Antlions at anytime is now much lower compared to before the patch, though scorps are easier to use since you don't have to worry about them aggroing you while wandering back home.

What I read that people were doing the last time this was fought was having all the BST75 *use* the pets as well as carries when necessary but using the lower level BST go pull the really far ones. In screenshots, people were even using flies sometimes. Basically you just use whatever you can get your hands on.

And re Vrtra and Jorm, I guess Jorm might be possible for BST+SMN (SMN heavy) but it'd be really hard since getting pets there is like navigating a gauntlet. It's probably pretty safe to say that Vrtra is too hard for that setup. Better to stick to Tiamat.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I've done the bst|smn fight on tiamat a few times, very very fun fight. Things to watch out for are spinning tiamats (you gotta position pets to stay hitting from certain directions), and of course, the lovely flail.

I went as rdm/bst, was fun getting hit by a 0 dmg Fiery breath, while alot of the bsts took 1600

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

all they need to do now is make it so, when you release your pet/avatar you retain the hate it had (this applies to letting it die too).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

haha. I've left my mark.

It's all about control, something you learn from 1 to 75. My group was very smooth. From me screaming/giving out orders to calm tiamats where we all knew what to do and rarely would there be a need to say something in /p chat.

mpk patch really took away one of the things that makes beastmaster what it is, and since then many of us have not touched our beastmasters.

You really need to have pets at your disposal no matter what and them just simply fading away to the point where you need to run across the zone to get something else is just horrible.

Jormn seems to be better now. You need to use jug pets to tank in the ground and avatars in the air.

Avatars have very good resistance and make good tanks in the air. , for example If you throw ifrit at jorm, He will hit Ifrit for 50 a shot.

Vrtra is out of the question, too hard.

If you need specific questions answered then post away. I can answer them.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby

lol sometimes change may not be a good thing.
    I was in range of Tiamat BST Flail but I wasn't fighting that one. I was just watching.