+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Edmonton vs Carolina in the finals.

The fact that I live in Edmonton is pretty much the only reason I am cheering for them to win the cup. The whole underdog thing doesn't really fly with me.

Despite what I've said, Canes will win it. Edmonton just doesn't have the endurance to deal with any of the Eastern teams.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

This just in the city of Edmonton has cleaned out the entire city of alcohol. There has been so much beer consumption in the last 2 weeks the city is nearly run dry.

Gogo drunked canadian hockey fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    I liked the 15 fights they had in the first 4 minutes of the game today. Didn't know the refs just watched until they started punching each other.

Go go Hockey.
    All sports should be like that. Violent, bloody, and with weapons! Make these guys actually EARN the millions and millions of dollars they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    All sports should be like that. Violent, bloody, and with weapons! Make these guys actually EARN the millions and millions of dollars they get.
    I perfer baseball without all the bench-clearing brawls but I suppose a few per season are cool. Other then that, I don't get excited whatching others punch each other then hockey and, of course, boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    I hope you're not one of the fucktards that got arrested for assault...this isn't a fucking soccer game, keep your houligan asses up north.

God damn yankees.
    Learn to read, "fucktard." I said I was coming down for game 5, I haven't been there yet.

Maybe if Carolina could sell out their playoff games they wouldn't have a large contingent of opposing fans in their house. Just because a few idiots got drunk and caused problems doesn't mean everyone from Buffalo is like them, and I'm sure that Carolina had their fair share of asshats in attendance as well.

I'm sure you could still get a ticket to game 5. Come meet me in section 315 and I'll buy you a beer, I'll be wearing a blue and gold Mogilny jersey. We're not all bad. :D

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

TAKING THE CUP BACK TO CANADA

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I am from Edmonton and never knew there were this many fans!! It sure is nice to see the bandwagon fill up though!!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

3-2 Canes...

I'd like the say the Canes close it out in Buffalo, but I think this series is going 7 games.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

As much as I want Buffalo to win the series, I dont see it happening.

They got much stronger after that disasterous game 4, but unless they can get better again, its over in game 6.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    As much as I want Buffalo to win the series, I dont see it happening.

They got much stronger after that disasterous game 4, but unless they can get better again, its over in game 6.
    Yeah, there's not a whole lot Buffalo can do with a banged up D-corps.

I just got back in from Raleigh, I went to game 5. That was the hardest walk of my life back to the car, getting screamed at by Carolina fans. But I made the trip to support my team and I'm still happy I went.

It's not over yet.

P.S. The way 'Canes fans idolize Ric Flair is sad. You guys can "WHOOOOO" all you want, but you still look like giant assholes. :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I just got back in from Raleigh, I went to game 5. That was the hardest walk of my life back to the car, getting screamed at by Carolina fans. But I made the trip to support my team and I'm still happy I went.
    Yeah... Unfortunately, a lot of 'Canes fans also double as idiot NC State fans. Then they bring all that moronic behavior w/ them.

Not all of us are like that though. 8)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Yeah... Unfortunately, a lot of 'Canes fans also double as idiot NC State fans. Then they bring all that moronic behavior w/ them.

Not all of us are like that though. 8)
    Did you guys see the crowd signing O' Canada in Edmonton,

That shit gave me shivers.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Edmonton fans are fucking nuts. Montreal fans were pretty fuckin loud too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Canes in 5... maybe 6.

I feel pretty certain that the Stanley Cup Final was played for in the Eastern Conference. What a showdown that was. Even though the Sabres lost I'm so damn proud of them. They fought the entire way.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I heard on the radio this morning that 2 hours before game time, there were still tickets available on Ticketmaster for Game 7. That says something about the Hurricanes if they can't even sell out their building for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Epical

The fact that I live in Edmonton is pretty much the only reason I am cheering for them to win the cup. The whole underdog thing doesn't really fly with me.

Despite what I've said, Canes will win it. Edmonton just doesn't have the endurance to deal with any of the Eastern teams.
    Oh shit. The prophet is back.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Oh shit. The prophet is back.
    Oh man o man, I was hoping that Buffalo would win the series but they came really close. Have to give Briere and his crew credit for playing a competitive game with lots of injured players.

Now for the final Series, I think Oilers will win, reasons being:

a) They've had a week to rest and practice.
    b) Edmonton's scouts had a chance to analyze Cane's offensive and defensive play.
    c) Oilers work harder.
    d) Roloson > Ward.

The only way Canes could win is if Oilers choke horribly hard.

Should be the best Cup Finals in decades.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Errr, every single game the Oilers follow the same routine: get yourself into a massive pickle, and fight your way out of it in the last period, and end up winning the game. There have been, what, 3-5 games all playoffs that Edmonton has had a clear-cut goal margin? Every other game it's been down to Edmonton fighting off the last offensive zerg of Team X. With Carolina, I just don't think you can do that.

Now, BOTH Ward and Roloson are good, an evenly matched pair I would say. Both have had their wtf moments, and both have had their clutch moments.

In the end it'll come down to whether Hemsky stops being a fucking pansy and shoots. Brind'amour/Stillman/Staal/Weight/etc are all consistent players. Edmonton's consistency relies heavily on... Smyth and Pronger. Peca and Hemsky was, and still are a huge gamble. Sure, they can come through with highlight-reel goals in the most important times, but more often than not (especially with Hemsky), he loses the puck, DOESN'T SHOOT WHEN HE SHOULD, or otherwise fucks up the play. This is Edmonton's downfall, and defensemen like Smith/Staios/Spacek/Bergeron/etc can't always keep bailing them out.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FUCK YOU CAM WARD\

the guy isnt human, I swear...
    Those 2 saves in the 3rd period, one at the end, and I think one was midway through the second....NO HUMAN COULD HAVE STOPPED THOSE.