+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

NHL - Final Four - Who will win?

Since the NBA got its own thread, I felt that the NHL equally deserves a thread as well.

If you don't watch hockey, it's cool, but it's one hell of a sport and you should start watching it, or better yet playing it!!!

EAST CONFERENCE:

Carolina 1 - Buffalo 1: Good series, but i predict Buffalo will win in 6.

WEST CONFERENCE:

Edmonton 2 - Anaheim 0: Oilers going for the sweep baby!!

Tomorrow's game @ 8:00pm EST!

gonna be awesome.

I stopped following once the Sharks lost, unfortunatley ;(

Sooooo, in spite of that, I'm hoping for Anaheim. I like the underdogs in most sports. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Bebopaloo
    I stopped following once the Sharks lost, unfortunatley ;(

Sooooo, in spite of that, I'm hoping for Anaheim. I like the underdogs in most sports. :3
    Anaheim's the underdog?

Perhaps you didn't see that Edmonton is the 8seed?

Anyways, the Canes are winning all *cue Ric Flair*

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

oilers ftmfw :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think Edmonton will win it. of course it will mostlikely be a game 7 vs. Bufalo. Buffalo is giving its all right now because the team may be forced to move to Virginia(or some other east coast state).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

edmonton, cuz there canadian

Buffao(EAST) or Oilers(Ouest)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Let's Go Canes!!

All the long-time hockey followers discount them just because of their location and lack of history, but the truth is the Cup is theirs to lose at this point.

I was at the game last night... and it was awesome!

Mike Commodore's hair ftmfw.

Sabres FTW.

They played like crap in game two and still only came up a goal short of the 'Canes. It's a best of 5 series now and the Sabres have home ice advantage.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    They played like crap in game two and still only came up a goal short of the 'Canes.
    True... they came up a goal short, but Goal #2 was a 5 on 3 gift from the officials and Goal #3 came w/ 2.6 seconds left. Canes had 2x the Shots on Goal as Sabres... and I think they solved Miller. It wasn't even as close as the score represents...

Canes take Game 3 to regain home ice.

Oilers plz. How long has it been since an 8th seed was even in the finals, let alone winning the cup?

Edmonton FTW! 8)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sabres FTW.

They played like crap in game two and still only came up a goal short of the 'Canes. It's a best of 5 series now and the Sabres have home ice advantage.
    I'd love to see Buffalo win, lots of good players in that club, but lots of injured players... If Teppo doesn't come back, Sabres are done for...

It's hard to tell the winners of these 2 series, they are 2 fast and skilled teams... although Buffalo are a little more skilled.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

you fuckin' see tha tdirty hit my marchant on Roloson? wow, that was dirty...

It was awesome when Smith stept in and starting wailing on the guy...

Go OIlers!

Fucking promising

I liked the 15 fights they had in the first 4 minutes of the game today. Didn't know the refs just watched until they started punching each other.

Go go Hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    ...and I think they solved Miller.
    How can you say you think they solved Miller? After 1 loss? Of course you're going to give up goals when you're dumped on that many times.

I also think the officiating in game #2 stunk.

Here's a breakdown of what the 'Canes seem to do: They take dirty high shots to the opposing team, and when the team retaliates they start diving and the opposing team is called for the penalty. All the while they skate around saying "What did I do to deserve that?"

Then, after every game, Laviolette sells it even more by accusing the other team of diving.

Other than that, I think the Sabres still benefitted from coming out of Carolina 1-1, and now it's a best of 5 series with the Sabres on home ice advantage. They need to get back to creating more odd-man rushes. I don't recall seeing ANY in game #2, nor did they get any short-handed goals, which they are leading every other team on in the playoffs.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oilers vs Buffalo in the finals...

Buffalo vs Carolina was a shitty game for buffalo. You say Carolina solved Miller? Carolina took 35 shots on him, and he let in 4, two on the power play. Buffalo only managed 19 shots on Ward, and he let three in...though all on the power play. Gogo .842 save percentage ?? Personally, I think Buffalo had a shitty game, and yet Carolina could only walk out with a 1 goal lead.

Though I must say ref's are giftwrapping some shit for Carolina: Williams high stick on Koivu that takes him out for the series, no penalty, and it was in the middle of the fuckin play, it was a golden scoring chance for him...Williams (again) whacks Mharkov in the helmet with a high stick, no penalty, even after a linesman told the refs what happened.

Edmonton looks scary good. Last night's game was fun to watch.

Anyway, Game #3 in Buffalo tonight. We'll see if the Sabres can pull back from game 2 and see how the home ice advantage helps them out.

I know there is a large contingent of people driving or flying down from Buffalo (myself included) to North Carolina for game #5.

Edmonton looks scary good. Last night's game was fun to watch.

Anyway, Game #3 in Buffalo tonight. We'll see if the Sabres can pull back from game 2 and see how the home ice advantage helps them out.

I know there is a large contingent of people driving or flying down from Buffalo (myself included) to North Carolina for game #5.
    I hope you're not one of the fucktards that got arrested for assault...this isn't a fucking soccer game, keep your houligan asses up north.

God damn yankees.

Demosthenes11

people still watch hockey

Then again, I guess it's not as bad as soccer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast