Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATTN:-GM- Luminious     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ATTN:-GM- Luminious

If you do read these indeed forums, I have one thing to say.

Please remove the latese hate based claim MPK patch!

I'll be honest they said we stole it first, and I don't know, I was on the upper teir when it was claimed, all I know is when I came around the corner and it was Red and undamaged, so I don't know what happend, I know the inital claim can be retarted.

But from what I do know, a certian SMN(who will remain nameless) who got YY robe on Ragnarok last night is complete bullshit. my party had claim with a less than idea setup, WAR SMN BLM RNG and the rng was like a lvl67 rng/whm claim bitch. but w/e we were going to give it a go, we came up with a plan where I(the war) would duo tank with Guardia, and it works out really well, most of the time, I'm able to have ichi up, wich a ichi and a Ni in the bank for whirl during guardi recast. @25% smn is low mp so he stops to rest and I tank it the rest of the way.

Obviously, War with no debuffs on the mob, is going to take some damage, and with no real healer we start to get hurt kinda bad, rng goes down, blm goes down(but had RR on) and finally I go down. smn who had been resting starts to summon as I'm about to go down. I die, it turns yellow, despite smn being completely unweak and alive, blm RRs and smn assults, but before anything could be done, the second goup stuns it, casts a teir 3 and engages killing it in under 5 seconds (i.e. smn and blm were plenty to kill it)

I'm not completely mad at the other group that was there, they were pretty nice after the fight and gave me and my rng R3s. And our smn was resting out of whirl range so they may not have noticed he was still alive. This is not a mob you can let regen, as far as I know he might even depop.

Personally I view this kill steal as a direct result of the most recent MPK patch, and I know Luminious isn't going to do jack about it. But I'm Pissed and I wanted to vent about it.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

shikigami drama?

wtf.

E. Body
    BG Level

lol Shiki weapon drama?

lol

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    lol Shiki weapon drama?
    lol

Also, a GM is going to remove the MPK claim patch?

OOOOOKKKKKKK!

New Merits
    BG Level

GTFO

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ddong
    GTFO
    15 poster telling a 550+ poster to gtfo just doesn't work here.

I don't think he deserves a GTFO, more of a wtf noob lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm just mad about the patch, topic was more or less for views

it almost MPK'd us at kirin once, due to a BLM /healing outside the alliance earning claim, we had to invite him so hate could get esatablished back to the PLDs so that kirin would stop going around killing all the rangers. This addition has been nothing but a headake for me.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    headake
    i hate headakes.

I'm just mad about the patch, topic was more or less for views

it almost MPK'd us at kirin once, due to a BLM /healing outside the alliance earning claim, we had to invite him so hate could get esatablished back to the PLDs so that kirin would stop going around killing all the rangers. This addition has been nothing but a headake for me.
    This already could happened pre-patch you know.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It would go after someone outside the party, but not shift claim to them because they had more hate.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't believe what happened to you is a result of the claim patch, sometimes when people die and another person like a SMN has done nothing to the mob, it simply goes unclaimed.

Also, the Kirin thing seems more like a glitch than anything. In the claim patch, you don't simply gain claim from having hate. You need to perform actions on the mob that would claim it AND have more hate than others.

Edit: Claim issues with Kirin typically come as a result of someone dropping from alliance while being the last person to perform an action on the mob.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    I don't believe what happened to you is a result of the claim patch, sometimes when people die and another person like a SMN has done nothing to the mob, it simply goes unclaimed.

Also, the Kirin thing seems more like a glitch than anything. In the claim patch, you don't simply gain claim from having hate. You need to perform actions on the mob that would claim it AND have more hate than others.

Edit: Claim issues with Kirin typically come as a result of someone dropping from alliance while being the last person to perform an action on the mob.
    must have been a glitch, beacuse he was outside of the party for a while at that point. and as for the SMN, the SMNs guardia had been tanking with me for the majority of the fight, he had just been resting MP for the last 20% or so. but then I guess such is smn hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    headake
    i hate headakes.
    At least it's not a bakkake.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only bizarre thing I've noticed with the claim patch is trying to claim a mob after someone aggros it (simple sight/sound aggro) or links it with another mob. If you try to claim the aggro'ed/linked mob it tends to take 2+ actions to claim even if the first action was provoke.

The only bizarre thing I've noticed with the claim patch is trying to claim a mob after someone aggros it (simple sight/sound aggro) or links it with another mob. If you try to claim the aggro'ed/linked mob it tends to take 2+ actions to claim even if the first action was provoke.
    When I was camping agaisnt people for Wamoura back when they were prfotiable a SMN would Sic their pet.. but it would take a Stun + Bind to get claim. And because it counts the SMN as 'engaged' you also get nerfed EXP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    lol Shiki weapon drama?
    lol

Also, a GM is going to do anything?

OOOOOKKKKKKK!
    Fix'd

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The claim patch is most noticeable when PL someone. My RL wife has a new character, and I have been PL her up to 30 so she can become a BLU. When dealing with Goblins...she will be fighting one, and I will get hate due to Cures. The goblin she is fighting does not change claim...just changes who its beating on (in vain I might add). Anyway...if I have hate, and get a link, when she engages it....it remains neutral...for a long time. I dropped a Cure IV on myself after a Convert...and the mob remained neutral until she got it to 25%....very odd.

Seems this patch would reduce the steal rate on long kills, such as KB, Fafnir,etc. But could prove to be troublesome on short kills, such as XP mobs, and lesser NM's such as Shiki.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pre patch all they would have to do is stun it to get the claim.

I think the real question is, why they were able to stun it and tier 3 nuke before you took action to make it red again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    When I was camping agaisnt people for Wamoura back when they were prfotiable a SMN would Sic their pet.. but it would take a Stun + Bind to get claim. And because it counts the SMN as 'engaged' you also get nerfed EXP.
    You don't get nerfed exp in a lv75 party unless there were more people in the party of the person who originally touched it.

IE: If a 6-man party's member sleeps a mob, and then you claim it when it goes unclaimed and your 6-man party kills it, the EXP is just fine. But if you kill it with less than 6, you get the exp as if you had 6.