Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chiggers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chiggers

I'm sick of leaching these damn things off of JP players fighting Marids. I duo with a 65 BLM (I'm 67 WAR) and we're able to kill them pretty easily, but for some reason noone seems to like us leaching off them. Is there anywhere they pop consistently enuff that it'd be good exp? I heard something about Caedarva Mire but dunno any specific location or how many spawn at a time. Any information would be great. Thx.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The only way to get consistent spawns is to do exactly what you're doing. Caedarva has free standing ones but they're too spread out to get any kind of good exp.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

you are a parasite, leeching off an exp pt, just like the chigoes leech off the marids.

Oh the irony!

on topic : caedvera or Ayadeewa has some. Go exploring!

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    The only way to get consistent spawns is to do exactly what you're doing. Caedarva has free standing ones but they're too spread out to get any kind of good exp.
    Uh? Straight out from the West-From-Nashmau exit there's a kind of semi-circle area in the wall that has 4-5 Chigoes with fairly fast respawn rates. Faster than I could med, for any rate.

There's like 6 Fossorial Fleas along the ruins for the quest What Friends Are For.

What's up with your sig Priran? I'm either reading it in the wrong order or I don't understand the joke. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    What's up with your sig Priran? I'm either reading it in the wrong order or I don't understand the joke. It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Right to left

I just notice those tiny little arrows lol...

I thought this thread was going to be about chinese people who want to be black.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Mire and Aydeewa Chigoes are only easy prey.

Marid Chigoes are decent challenge, and actually have LESS HP than the easy preys.

Mitch Hedberg FTW

Chigoe 62 - 66 Caedarva Mire

Fossorial Flea 64 - 66 Aydeewa Subterrane

Chigoe 71 - 73 Bhaflau Thickets

Chigoe 71 - 73 Wajaom Woodlands

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you jump/Hjump a flea, it 1-hit ko's it right? Is it also true that you get drops, but not xp if you insta-kill it with crit/ws/jump/etc? I'm trying to get some xp for my loldrg, and a friend of mine likes farming karakuls. He usually drags me along to nuke the fleas... If I could go on drg instead I could deal with fleas AND get xp, would would be great for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Coren
    If you jump/Hjump a flea, it 1-hit ko's it right? Is it also true that you get drops, but not xp if you insta-kill it with crit/ws/jump/etc? I'm trying to get some xp for my loldrg, and a friend of mine likes farming karakuls. He usually drags me along to nuke the fleas... If I could go on drg instead I could deal with fleas AND get xp, would would be great for everybody.
    It's true with Fosorrial Flea's at least.
    When I WS'd one it got it to 10% and then just died.
    No Exp; No Items.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Chiggers

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn
    I'm sick of leaching these damn things off of JP players fighting Marids. I duo with a 65 BLM (I'm 67 WAR) and we're able to kill them pretty easily, but for some reason noone seems to like us leaching off them. Is there anywhere they pop consistently enuff that it'd be good exp? I heard something about Caedarva Mire but dunno any specific location or how many spawn at a time. Any information would be great. Thx.
    Caedarva Mire Karakuls near the Imp spawns are DC to 75, spawn easy prey chigs whenever they WS. As a BST, Karakul vs Karakul usually gets about 3 chig spawns per fight, I spawn them on purpose to kill for extra xp + seals, as just killing a DC is pretty crap xp. I'd be pretty annoyed if someone were to basically leech them off me. The seem to only die without xp/loot when I crit, not sure about how jump works (unless you crit on jump?).

edit: if you were leeching off me and I told you to stop, I'd train some karakuls and have them spawn chigs on top of you, hopefully faster than you could kill. Gogo return of BST MPK.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Seems one WS or JA on them will kill them no matter what. Thing is, if you don't do enough damage with the JA or WS it won't give you exp or loot, it will just die. If your JA or WS does enough damage to kill it, you get exp and loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    I thought this thread was going to be about chinese people who want to be black.