Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

calculations for xp in besieged

How many punches, cures etc give how much xp in besieged?

I don't know if this is a good thing to figure out, since it might encourage people to be lazy and do the least amount of work in besiege (hopefully not losing is still a good enough motivation), but it might also make people less worried about dying and hping near the start.

I logged on today and checked besieged map, lvl 5 mamool already attacking, I immediately changed to mnk/nin with basically no equip on and zoned into al zabi.
    20 or so people dying at the same time (the jedi are going to feel this one) clued me on the position of a sapper.
    I casted Ni, engaged (took 1 shadow, 1 miss, he took 2 of my shadows, i took another shadow and another miss, hit for 51, miss, caster ichi, he took 1 more shadow, hit for 49, he took 2 more of my ichi shadows, I did 2 misses, they retreated).
    Result: 104 points. That is still a lot of points for the few punches i did. I think if we have enough partial results (e.g. including people who got booted or HPd near the end), we can get an idea of what gives more points and approximately how much you have to do to get the max 700.

For example from my own partial result above, I get the impression that directly tanking / losing shadows possibly gives a lot of points, since i only did a total of 100 dmg... Unless 104 is the minimum point value now, which i can't tell by just my data.

Soo, if you have more data like that, with less than 700 points and your entire record of hits, spells, cures, getting hit, please add to this.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think its not a total of what you do, but a collection of what you do.

I zoned into Besieged for the buttend of it:
    Reraise, Ballad1, Ballad2.......end

60 xp.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

on whm, curing people for 2 mp bars (of about 950 mp) got me full 700.
    yesterday on smn, curing for about 600 mp and shooting off a spinning dive for 400ish got me 622.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I helped kill one mob as SAM75 and passed out during that, but I was on autorun and follow, and woke up alive, so i know i helped kill it Woke up and looked in log, 403EXP/IS.

Cure x2
    Cure II x2
    Bio II x2
    Drain x2
    Stun x3
    Stoneskin x1
    Reraise x1 (cast on myself after getting up)

Died once, r1 from random player, got 154xp

For blm in besieged, I found the best way to get max or near max IS/exp is to spam Frost/Rasp/Drown (and I mean fucking spam it) with Bio2 and randomly do small nukes.

Last time I did it (at the advice of another blm) I got 676 IS/exp.

Banned.

BG Level

I was able to get 700... in a 30+ min Besieged. /emoblm.

I love your sig. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    For blm in besieged, I found the best way to get max or near max IS/exp is to spam Frost/Rasp/Drown (and I mean fucking spam it) with Bio2 and randomly do small nukes.

Last time I did it (at the advice of another blm) I got 676 IS/exp.
    Cures and raise work well also, I usually get 700IS/XP but this run I decided to only do a little so I'd remember exactly what I'd cast. Lots of spells does the trick. I did one besieged where I went through about 5,000 mp casting -ga III's and tier IV's and didn't die once, and only got about 450IS/XP.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

maybe its total actions taken ??

gogochaincast tier1

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I get 700xp for meleeing a mob for about 3 minutes. Last week I logged on to a Besiged in progress and only managed to get 2 or 3 weapons skills off before it was over and I ended up with the max reward. >.>

On my 50 Blue Mage I got 500 ISP for doing nothing but casting Healing Breeze maybe 10-15 times (actually curing PT members) and doing a dozen or so Poison Breaths and Bomb Tosses for 1 point of damage each. Casted a couple raises though with /WHM if that counts towards the final score.

We obviously do dumbass.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I was bored and was trying to skill up staff on summoner during a besieged, got a total of 91% TP and died and reraised 5 times, got 700 exp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

somehow they nerfed points for blm, they used to get the most points in the first few besieged, the weak ones, now I hear them complaining about never really getting 700 points where a whm or melee can get it in a few minutes of work.

For melee it's really easy to get 700 points, like people said, a couple minutes of solid meleeing is enough. For whms curing with cure5 is enough, it seems to be more the amount of hp cured to matter, not the number of spells. Btw early on the first besieged i tried to spam diaga on large groups of mobs once and i got basically no xp ( the min in those days, same as not doing anything).

For blm, has anybody tried to cast sleep or stun? Maybe SE wants blms to play more of a sleeper/stunner role like they do in dynamis and give points accordingly.
    When the mobs first spawn or when they first all run in line together 20 at a time, they agro people (and skeletons that just pop even agro yellow hp first). In those situations even having one blm cast ES sleepga2 would slow them down a lot more and keep things like 20 bhoots from casting blizzaga4x20 on everyone.

The meleeing smn post is very interesting, I hope blms won't start meleeing though to get points I really hope maybe sleep or stun or some other useful spell will give them points while allowing them to contribute meaningfully

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Immune to sleep... I tried ES+Sleepga and got full resists..

Stun is impossible. That requires reactiion time, and when the mob has already perfomred the action on the server 10 seconds before you see it, needing another 30 seconds to get Stun to go off...

I've opted to ignore Besiged when I can't cast spells, i.e. more than 350-400 people in the zone.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've done sleepga on every mob before they agroed and trained them to the mog once. <_< Only thing that slept were elemental pets but those didnt sleep long.

And we already have to melee to ensure we get full points. Nukes do maybe 20% dmg, sleep doesn't work, casting any -ga spell now tends to get you killed instantly because there are plenty of mobs without tanks/melee engaged. Next besieged for me will be O.hat, snipers, chivalrous chain, life belt.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I think its not a total of what you do, but a collection of what you do.

I zoned into Besieged for the buttend of it:
    Reraise, Ballad1, Ballad2.......end

60 xp.
    I was in the middle of Dynamis when a recent Besieged started, but when it ended, warped over to take part. I zoned into the Mog House, changed to Corsair, popped out and they were already retreating. I quickly popped a Hunter's Roll before the cutscene hit... 20 exp.

The above quote makes me wonder... Perhaps 20 exp. per song/buff? Might work differently on something like Cures and nukes, though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yesterday I logged into the tail of besieged. I summoned carrie, used a reraise hairpin, casted uts:ni, sent a fight command and swung one or two rounds worth of attacks, got 111xp.