+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Im pritty sure they were the same injections.

I had an idea on how Desmon's girl knew where to look. Well, the 4 toed statue. Maybe there are some ancient texts that she found and is researching them... ? IDK thats kinda of a leap but lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm not sure what was said at the end, was it "i've found it" or "i've found him", those russian guys or whatever talking to Penny.

The statue.........wtf, if nothing else it seems this island isn't totally unknown to greater civilisatio beyond the dharma corp.

What did Henrys crew think of the lights/sound from the hatch, why did charlie not think Locke & Eko died.

How many people were wrong about the button doing nothing, the evidence is pretty convincing that it caused the plane crash (i.e. it doesnt seem the kind of thing they left to "set them up to find it and think its real"). I admit that from day one I agreed with Jack that it was just a joke, and thought I was right when we found the pearl. I guess that observation thing was set up before "the incident".

God fn damn I hate this show, how long until SE3?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

a. This also explains how the EX-lover knew where to look. For all we know the father could have died in the last 3 years Desmond has been on the island, and on his death bed he could have revealed to his daughter what Hanso is (or was) trying to do.

I think it was more along the line of Bermuda triangle. Maybe they found out weird magnetic stuff when the plane crashed, and she related it to Desmond since he disappeared in the same area.

I just looked at what the russian guy said, he says "I think we found it".. /sigh so dunno if its the place or desmond

They are Portuguese scientists.

Jujubie

So anyone ever figure out what these people meeting before the crash has to do with anything? Like how Jack met desmond at the stadium or how that dead blonde girl was the one that gave desmond her late husbands boat?!

Oh and do you think the magnets have anything to do with Locke being able to walk again? Remember he was paralyzed and in wheelchair before the plane crash....

Speaking of Libby's dead husband (his name was Dave). Dave is also the name Hurley calls his invisible friend. We'll probably be seeing this angle next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujubie
    Oh and do you think the magnets have anything to do with Locke being able to walk again? Remember he was paralyzed and in wheelchair before the plane crash....
    Yes, I do.

The electromagnetic field supports the theory that people who would otherwise be crippled or sick or sterile are now the opposite.

According to http://www.healingtherapies.info/magnetic_healing.htm and the table found at the bottom of the page, "magnetic healing" can have the following applications:

Curing Cancer (Rose),
    Healing Spinal Cord Injuries (Locke),
    Reversing Sexual Disorders (Jin),
    Correcting Psychiatric Disorders (Hurley and Libby)

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujubie
    Yes, I do.

The electromagnetic field supports the theory that people who would otherwise be crippled or sick or sterile are now the opposite.

According to http://www.healingtherapies.info/magnetic_healing.htm and the table found at the bottom of the page, "magnetic healing" can have the following applications:

Curing Cancer (Rose),
    Healing Spinal Cord Injuries (Locke),
    Reversing Sexual Disorders (Jin),
    Correcting Psychiatric Disorders (Hurley and Libby)

Remember in the season finale it showed Desmond meeting with Libby at the airport. Clearly she must have gotten better around 3-4 years from the plane crash because she was a stewardess at the time up until present.

Remember, Desmond was on the island for like 3 years? It safe to assume that libby herself was also fine for the last 4-5 years, (maybe in the hospital before then) either way I hope they have more to do with her in the 3rd season. There is such a backstory I want to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Klever
    a. If Henry Gale is the leader, to me, that makes the others out to be alot smaller then they originally let on. But Henry Gale was one of the smartest editions to the show, in the position of prisoner he could have held alot back to give the image of a coward. The only reason I dont buy that, is because it seems to me that Henry was convinced he was done for; I would imagine a man at the end of his line would reveal alot more information about the truth then Henry did.
    I thought they already established that in the episode with Michael's flashbacks where the guy with the fake beard met Jack.

3. It didnt show at the end of the episode where Jin, his girlfriend and Sayid were.
    They were at the location where Michael was kept prisoner, the tents with the fake hatch. Sayid made a fire that produced the black smoke that Jack & co saw before they were ambushed.

5. Where did Desmond go again?
    He went to activate the failsafe, which purportedly blew the hatch up.

7. The tubes of paperwork Locke found about in the film lead to literally no where. This leads me to believe the people "investigating" the main island inhabitants in the hatch are too, also apart of the experiment. Their role could be as observers while someone greater than they are observes them.
    Demond mentioned this to Locke. I think it's pretty safe to say that the observers weren't doing anything except possibly setting up the real subjects of the experiment into thinking pressing the button does nothing.

8. Desmond tells Claire ( the girl with the baby I think) that the injections she was prepared to give to her child do nothing. He went on to say hes been taking them for the last 3 years I think, do you think these are the same injections she got when she was kidnapped and put into the medical ward for 2 weeks? Do you think the Others would inject her but not know they were doing nothing to her? I think 3 years is along time to be injecting any medication without him noting any effect at all. Still unclear.
    You're right, this part is still unclear. At that point in the show the hatch was still being made out to be a psychological experiment.

I think the greater questions are:

1) Did Henry purposely allow himself to be captured, why? It seems like Henry wanted to make Locke stop pushing the button, but if that was the case he could have just let it time out when Locke was trapped under the door. Unless he somehow knew that Desmond would come back and that Locke would pull his stunt.

2) Are The Others with Hanso/Dharma?

3) Does Dharma still even exist? It seems that the stations aren't being manned any longer, however those supplies were air dropped in that one episode.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Henry also said he did'nt press the button and it did nothing, Although they did get a crate of food. So why would Henry lie if he knew what it would do?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

3) Does Dharma still even exist? It seems that the stations aren't being manned any longer, however those supplies were air dropped in that one episode.
    I guess a silly opinion could be that Dharma is working a bit differently. In the beginning, Dharma pays a company to air drop the food every so many months/years. Well, Dharma dies and the company is never notified and continues dropping the food over the years. Of course the videos seemed to have been dated back in 1980-something and the amount of supplies dropped would mean Dharma had to give the company a huge amount.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What happened to monsters in first seasons (the one killing the pilot)? We saw they were mechanical later when Locke was caught by one, but I still doesnt understand what's the point of them and why they stop attacking/making tree fall. It's almost like they decided to change what "Other" were midway through the seasons.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    What happened to monsters in first seasons (the one killing the pilot)? We saw they were mechanical later when Locke was caught by one, but I still doesnt understand what's the point of them and why they stop attacking/making tree fall. It's almost like they decided to change what "Other" were midway through the seasons.
    sorry, which ep was this i must of missed it, do u know the # i need to dl it lol
    i dont remeber locke getting caught by one and it turning out to be a machine o-o
    Anyone remeber a while back where ecko and charlie were ambushed by that black cloud thing? i still never figured that out

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I forgot about the black cloud in Season 2, maybe they didn't forget about the "monster" then.

In season 1, I was talking about the pilot episode, when they go see the plane's pilot. The thing that got the pilot was huge. There was also the tree that constantly fell on (in?) the ground.

The episode where Locke get caugh is the one where they bring back some dynamite (probably ~#22), and Locke believe he was chosen by the island. Jack throw a dynamite in the hole and blow up the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    The episode where Locke get caugh is the one where they bring back some dynamite (probably ~#22), and Locke believe he was chosen by the island. Jack throw a dynamis in the hole and blow up the thing.
    Man Kaylia, and I thought I played FFXI too much. >.>;

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

. . .

/wrist

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the episode with Ecko solved the mystery of the black cloud monster.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    I think the episode with Ecko solved the mystery of the black cloud monster.
    What was the "mystery"? >_>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know... But Ecko does!