+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LOST: Season finale: (SPOILERS)

So. That was quite an interesting episode.

A few questions arise. What do you guys think happened to Locke, Eko, and desmond? Also, what was up with those guys(russian?) and Desmond's girlfriend? Was she looking for him the whole time, and how did she know what to look for?

I can't wait for the next episode.

finale = holy fucking shit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not having any TV in my apartment blow.

Thanks god bittorent exist...but I wont see it before tomorrow.

BS Kay, you must stay up, It was too good not to stay up. >:O

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

3hours left on my bittorent download. As much as I would like to watch it now, i don't think it's sane to stay.

Do you have work and/or school tomorrow?

WTF, This was some crazy shit.

Well the bright light in the sky and crap was cleary from desmond turning that key. Like the dude before him said, it would blow the place up. I'm going to have to go with that assumption, that it blew the hatch up. But then it's near impossable for me to think that Locke, and Ekco are totaly dead.

Another explination could be that it was a electromagnetic explosion rather then physical. To explaine the light and stuff I would say that any type of electromagnetic explosion of that magnitude, would defently have an effect on our brains. In turn would cause the sensory distortion to everyone on the island.

I find it hard to believe locke and ekco are dead, so im betting on the electromagnetic explination.

The last scene with the Desmond's girl and the 2 russian guys. I have no idea. The fact that it was desmond's girl also make me believe that desmond (and others) can't be dead.

Real question is, who the fuck are the others? Are they working for Pen(desmond's girl)? I know they really don't live in huts, that was all a ploy now. I wan't to guess that they all are the original operators of the hatches. I mean did you see how many bottle tubs were there?

wow wtf.

these next monthes are gonna suck wondering about it. >.>

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

why....I saw it said spoilers but still i clicked and read......god kill me

I caught like two minutes of it.. left when people started getting shot by darts.

There's no way they're killing off Eko and Locke. I believe Desmond's alive as well. Lost tends to give a finality to its characters when killing them off. Desmond was too close to Locke and Eko in the end so whatever happens, I'm sure the three share the same fate. Charlie was close to all three in the end and he walked out without a scratch as well.

Then again: I was curious about the "quarantine" hatch that blew out and landed on the beach. Are we to assume the entire hatch exploded along with everone in it? Otherwise wouldn't the hatch be attracted to the magnet and be drawn inward?

I always thought Henry Gale was the leader of the others, now I'm thinking its Penelope's dad (rich philantropist) who's running the show. He would have the money to build that magnet, hatch, etc. He also wanted Desmond out of the picture. What better way to do that then keep him on the island contained in the hatch for fear of some virus. Also, the two guys in the last scene (who clearly work for Penelope), were monitoring electrical disturbances for what I would assume to be, finding Desmond. How would Penelope know to look for Desmond in that way?

But the concrete foot with four toes? The Stonehenge rocks? WTF was that? Is this joint Atlantis? Life needs to be Tevo'd. It's like the Superbowl ended last night and I gotta wait months for the next football season.

Widmore didn't "build" the magnet. The island is positioned on top of a geologically unique electromagnetic field.

If anything, I think Widmore is an investor in the Hanso Foundation, or a partner...but I don't think he's running the show.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Eko/Desmond/Locke can't be dead. They wouldn't kill 3 uncomplete character like that, especially not one of the "major" one like John. It was already surprising to see 2 characters dies 3 weeks ago, it's not likely we will see that again anytime soon.

The door was blew away because Magnetic field was probably reversed for a short moment after. It's probably for the same reason the plane didn't crash in the first episode (it was pulled toward the island, than slowed down when magnetic field was reversed).

About "The Other", I still believe they are a bunch of rich freak trying to become immortal. That's what Hanso industry was all about to some extent if you look at all domain they are researching.

Xavier

The biggest shock to me was just the last 20 seconds, w/ the phonecall between the Russians and the guys old love interest. It put a huge (?) over my head.

Can't wait to see next season.

Also, the most fking priceless moment of the entire episode is when the hatch is falling apart, and the camera pans to Locke who just says, "I was wrong." looooooooooooooooooooooool. Famous last words. I cracked up at the line.

Not to be nitpicky, but they were Portuguese. Am I alone in thinking that one of them looked alot like Jack?

I laughed too when Locke said that. It was like a big "Ooopsie!" moment.

Ninja edit: I laughed too when Hurley was like "Umm...did that bird just say my name?"

Just watched it... It's not even "wtf" it's UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Absolutely nothing made sense, confused beyond belief. Questions that haven't been asked in the thread:

1. What exactly is the point of wearing the beard in the 1st place? He made it seem important that they not know who they are.

2. IF Henry is telling the truth, why doesn't everyone just leave if they know how to?

3. What was Walt's purpose and why is he no longer important?

4. Did the hatch blow? What was the light? First thing I thought was that they hit like a reset button, lol.

5. Why would he not tell her about what happened in the hatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Just watched it... It's not even "wtf" it's UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Absolutely nothing made sense, confused beyond belief. Questions that haven't been asked in the thread:

1. What exactly is the point of wearing the beard in the 1st place? He made it seem important that they not know who they are.

2. IF Henry is telling the truth, why doesn't everyone just leave if they know how to?

4. Did the hatch blow? What was the light? First thing I thought was that they hit like a reset button, lol.

5. Why would he not tell her about what happened in the hatch?
    I think they wore the beard to keep the 'we live on the island alone for years and stuff' theme. Kinda like their fake home, the tents and such.

If you remember the black lady asking michel "You ever see walk where he shouldent be". Make me thing he has some type of astral projection powers. I mean, the one girl kept seeing him in the rain. They might have figured out how he was doing it, if thats what they wanted.

As for the hatch, there was no smoke or any visible remminates of a explosion from the island. So it must have been something electromagnetic.... only thing to explain the light is that it was a big enough pulse to distort our brains.

One thing I was wondering, the others dident seem to distressed about the light thing...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway

5. Why would he nt tell her about what happened in the hatch?
    1) Trying to hide the whole technological aspect I guess. They are not habitant for sure, they are just trying to make it look like they do. I guess people of the crash are important for their experiment, and they dont want them to discover too much

2) Because they don't want to leave? There is probably something on this island they want

3) He will most likely be back since we dont know what they want from him

4) No clue, like pointed in that thread, it's probably an electromagnetic shockwave.

5) Didnt want to worry her? Shockwave made him go nut? He was still confused?

Things no one has touched on in the thread:

1. How much do you want to bet that the father of Desmond's love interest also OWNS the Hanso Corp? The race around the world may have been a plot the entire time to lure Desmond there.

a. This also explains how the EX-lover knew where to look. For all we know the father could have died in the last 3 years Desmond has been on the island, and on his death bed he could have revealed to his daughter what Hanso is (or was) trying to do.

2. "Henry Gale" (the fake one) is most likely the real LEADER of the others. Thats why he asks who you "think" is the boss, "Where is your beard?" I cant imagine someone below him would ask a person above them that type of authoratative question. Look at the way he asks it as well.

a. If Henry Gale is the leader, to me, that makes the others out to be alot smaller then they originally let on. But Henry Gale was one of the smartest editions to the show, in the position of prisoner he could have held alot back to give the image of a coward. The only reason I dont buy that, is because it seems to me that Henry was convinced he was done for; I would imagine a man at the end of his line would reveal alot more information about the truth then Henry did.

3. It didnt show at the end of the episode where Jin, his girlfriend and Sayid were.

4. Walt was maybe written off the show because his real life body is aging faster then the charectar? Anyone consider this?

a. Michael could come back, but seriously he killed 2 awesome people... and let the other 4 to die (although Hurley was set free at the end).

5. Where did Desmond go again?

6. The statue with the 4 toed foot?

7. The tubes of paperwork Locke found about in the film lead to literally no where. This leads me to believe the people "investigating" the main island inhabitants in the hatch are too, also apart of the experiment. Their role could be as observers while someone greater than they are observes them.

8. Desmond tells Claire ( the girl with the baby I think) that the injections she was prepared to give to her child do nothing. He went on to say hes been taking them for the last 3 years I think, do you think these are the same injections she got when she was kidnapped and put into the medical ward for 2 weeks? Do you think the Others would inject her but not know they were doing nothing to her? I think 3 years is along time to be injecting any medication without him noting any effect at all. Still unclear.

9. When Desmond put the key in the over-ride, what did that exactly do? Blow up the hatch to stop the countdown? Turns on the electro-magnetic pulse to quickly do its action as opposed to slowly, to prevent overall damage? The reason I would assume the second is because the sky and the sound got extremley weird, so the pulse probably went off, but it went off extreme then stopped. Maybe normally it pulses slowly destroying alot before it stops. Again, who knows?

Thoughts?

They showed Jin and Sayid at the end on that beach.

Desmond obviously died in the explosion or whatever happened. It was kind of clear that he wasn't going to survive what he was gonna do.