+ Reply to Thread
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Avoiding PFC Lebros Cavern

I have a PFC static that really doesn't have the jobs to win this. I've heard that if you do PFC assaults like 10 times you can rank up as an alternative to just clearing all 5, is this confirmed or was it just a rumor?

Thanks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Avoiding PFC Lebros Cavern

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    I have a PFC static that really doesn't have the jobs to win this. I've heard that if you do PFC assaults like 10 times you can rank up as an alternative to just clearing all 5, is this confirmed or was it just a rumor?

Thanks.
    Did you find the answer to your question in this thread?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well since I'm an idiot and didnt see that thread in search, thank you.

Basic rule of thumb is

- First Time Win = 5
    - Subsequent Win = 1
    - Amount Needed for Rank Up = 25
    - Points reset to 0 when you rank up.

This may be ever so slightly incorrect, but it's very very close, and should give you a pretty good estimate of how close you are to ranking up at any given time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

pos.exe

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    pos.exe
    there's mobs in room with npcs, so you would agro stuff mid-flight

obviously you were sarcastic, just trying to put some logic in there ;x

in response to divisors post:

that's not that bad at all, if we win all but lebros 1st try we have 20 points right there, so we would only have to do 5 individual ones to rank up after that. not bad really, it's worth avoiding lebros for us. ( 1 thf sj lol )

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

6nins.exe

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nayoz
    5ninsatnightandablmwithheraldsgaiters.exe
    fixed

I tried Lebros for the first time the other day. Lost about 7k xp lol, never going back. We had read about it alot, and we decided that in order to save time we were going to all split up depending on what type of food we got, take it to certain NPCs to minimize walking distance. Well, one person isn't enough to ward those fuckers off lol, I think travelling in a pack is best so that you can cure each other and help sleep / stun.

That being said, there's got to be a trick to this one. Someone once mentioned that after you fill up an NPC he says somethinga bout how he's going to smash the next mob that crosses his path. has anyone ever tried bringing the mobs to the NPCs after the NPCs are full and seeing if the guy will fight them?

Banned.

BG Level

That's a really good idea. After Lamia 13, nothing can surprise me.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well as you know Tym, I got SP quest today without doing lebros cavern

6 powder boots per person, thief sub for melees, and 2 reliable sleepers can beat it fairly easily. It helps doing a trial run first, and working together to clear one direction at a time. You can differentiate the NPCs by their shields by the way. Even though you don't have to do it I think it's worthwhile, for the glorious mission completion log.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Darm
    6 powder boots per person, thief sub for melees, and 2 reliable sleepers can beat it fairly easily. It helps doing a trial run first, and working together to clear one direction at a time. You can differentiate the NPCs by their shields by the way. Even though you don't have to do it I think it's worthwhile, for the glorious mission completion log.
    we'll do it after we have SP >.>

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Basic rule of thumb is

- First Time Win = 5
    - Subsequent Win = 1
    Someone in my Assault static went from PFC to SP with:
    -4 of the 5 PSC missions
    -2 failed lebros supplies attempts
    -2 successful repeats of PFC missions

If your theory is correct then my friend would have to still do 3 more missions to rank up, yet he got it last night.

Btw, since Im in his static I have also done the exact same missions and the exact same number of missions and while he has ranked up, I have not.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tumu
    Basic rule of thumb is

- First Time Win = 5
    - Subsequent Win = 1
    Someone in my Assault static went from PSC to SP with:
    -4 of the 5 PSC missions
    -2 failed lebros supplies attempts
    -2 successful repeats of PSC missions

If your theory is correct then my friend would have to still do 3 more missions to rank up, yet he got it last night.

Btw, since Im in his static I have also done the exact same missions and the exact same number of missions and while he has ranked up, I have not.
    Most likely he didn't tell you all the details. The failed missions don't seem to make any differences. Most likely he did 3 more repeats. Also there is no way to go from PSC to SP without first ranking up to PFC, and there is no way to attempt lebros supplies until you get PFC rank up.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Sorry I meant PFC lol not PSC, my bad. And no... he didnt lie to me and go without the static, which would be impossible since we go every 3 days.

Not sure if this is known or not, haven't checked all threads. I was in a JP 4-man pty and this was beat super easy compared to my previous attempts. The key was DoT spells. Bio2, Burn, Choke, Shock all the rock simultaneously. 2 Jobs with these spells are probably a good setup, so after the initial wall, 1 of the DoT'ers plus another person goes north, while the other DoT'er and others go to the east. The first wall only took 2-3mins, which was amazing to me.

I did it with party of 4: BLM/nin BLM/rdm RDM/blm DRG/war (the DRG used a martial lance and just spammed penta-thrust when he got tp). Didn't kill a single mob, no mines used... not one. All walls taken down using DoTs. Poison got resisted for me, but that would add even more dmg if it landed. Each got 1000 Points (even tho i previously completed this with a lucky melee setup, tho other melee setups failed repeatedly).

Anyhow, I hope this information is helpful, tho somewhat not addressing the original post.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Keston
    Not sure if this is known or not, haven't checked all threads. I was in a JP 4-man pty and this was beat super easy compared to my previous attempts. The key was DoT spells. Bio2, Burn, Choke, Shock all the rock simultaneously. 2 Jobs with these spells are probably a good setup, so after the initial wall, 1 of the DoT'ers plus another person goes north, while the other DoT'er and others go to the east. The first wall only took 2-3mins, which was amazing to me.

I did it with party of 4: BLM/nin BLM/rdm RDM/blm DRG/war (the DRG used a martial lance and just spammed penta-thrust when he got tp). Didn't kill a single mob, no mines used... not one. All walls taken down using DoTs. Poison got resisted for me, but that would add even more dmg if it landed. Each got 1000 Points (even tho i previously completed this with a lucky melee setup, tho other melee setups failed repeatedly).

Anyhow, I hope this information is helpful, tho somewhat not addressing the original post.
    What you described is PSC lebros, not PFC. PFC lebros is the food delivery one. Also the PSC lebros, excavation duty, can be done even more easily with 3 people (mnk, blm, blm) in under 25 min (for 1999 points first win, 1333 2nd win, 1466 with armband), as covered in detail in another thread (in an off-topic discussion from the thread title):
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 539#217539

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    What you described is PSC lebros, not PFC. PFC lebros is the food delivery one. Also the PSC lebros, excavation duty, can be done even more easily with 3 people (mnk, blm, blm) in under 25 min (for 1999 points first win, 1333 2nd win, 1466 with armband), as covered in detail in another thread (in an off-topic discussion from the thread title):
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 539#217539
    Oh I never knew this. Thanks for the info/link.