+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS2 Harddrive     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

PS2 Harddrive

Ok, I just had a friend mail me his harddrive for the ps2. Well, I bought a used ps2 from eb games and am now trying to play FFXI on it. I already have a POL ID and crap, so just ignore that.

The problem I'm having is that when I click on the Playonline Viewer to go to play the game, it starts to load and then just goes back to the main screen where you'd select the HDD. Then, when I went to try to reinstall POL viewer, it said there was a hardware error.

I went to http://www.us.playstation.com and they said that the only way that I can use the harddrive on this ps2 is if I reformatted it...well, the n00b forgot to send the harddrive disc, so I can't reformat it...yet...

But, does anyone know if there is another way that I can reformat the HDD without that specific disc? Eb games and Gamespot have pennyskewed harddrives, meaning that they don't sell them anymore, which means they don't have any discs, so going to them for help isn't an option.

Thanks in advance

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I had to do this before when getting a new ps2, as far as I know, only ways is through the disc. Maybe try bit torrent to see if there's a way to d/l, but I doubt it. know any friends irl who have the game?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Then I guess I'll just have to have him send me the disc ._.
    Stupid Sunday and memorial day making me not be able to get mail til like tuesday at the earliest...; ;

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah defintly need to reformat, but the CD is purple. Which means its a PS2 CD and I don't think anything you can download online will help you. You will have to get your hands on the CD that came with the HDD. You could try to burn a copy of it when you get it but I doubt it will work.

I remember when I had to switch PS2s due to a power surge that fucked up the orginals ability to read the HDD, the connection got fucked up in between the HDD and PS2 somehow without frying anything else. Took me over 10 hours to format, reinstall and update.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you can prob buy the cd from eb.

Have you tried asking? Maybe a friend has it? I'd be pretty upset having to wait that long for it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah well I wasn't going to send it express, he wasn't worth $15 for a day earlier

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well, with tomorrow being Sunday and the day after being Memorial Day, express wouldn't even really work, cause I still wouldn't get it until tuesday...