Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3-d ffxi images!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

3-d ffxi images!

i was looking on some other forums, and found some 3-d ffxi images, OFN or not, i didnt see them posted here. i'll just post some of the best and link to the rest if yall like it.

first off: "how do i make it work?"
    - you cross your eyes and wait for it to focus.

second: "why does this hurt my eyes?"
    - it kind of causes strain.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...convergent.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...onvergent2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...3dAirship1.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../3dBastok2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...3dAirship3.jpg

just a little something i thought was pretty neat.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I usually can get this sort of thing to work, but my eyes simply won't have any of it on these. They're also not supposed to make your eyes hurt that much. Maybe the images are too far apart. Maybe I'm just getting old.

umm, these pics are already like in 3-d am i right? even though your looking from a 2-d screen.. it's 3-d image >.>
    like photographs <.<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yea i dont get it.. gonna stop looking at my computer screen cross-eyed before i feel like a complete idiot

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

well, when you cross your eyes, it will put the two images into one, and when it focus's, your mind is tricked into thinking its only one image when its two, thus getting the third dimension and feel of it having circumference(yay i sound smart? or something like that.)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hay cool I did it but now i feel kinda dizzy...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have a major headache now, but I got it to work

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I had some practice with these stereoscope images in the past. When it finally works, this is what you should see:

Originally:

[IMAGE][IMAGE]

Once you cross your eyes and let the images overlap, one in the middle will appear, and if you keep trying to relax your eyes while focusing on the middle overlap:

[IMA[IMAGE]IMA]

The center one will be in 3-D.

Quite awesome.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

10,000 Days.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik
    yea i dont get it.. gonna stop looking at my computer screen cross-eyed before i feel like a complete idiot
    lol i guess the joke's on us

good game vandole, good game, you win this round.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

MY EYES

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi

e

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo

e

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggo

e

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If the game wold actually look like that, it would be awesome. The last set, if you focus on the hume, it works pretty well and looks 200x better than the originals.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Trying to cross your eyes to converge those images as is, it's far too straining, at least on my eyes. Here's a tip, save the images to your computer and use software to reduce the screen resolution, then try it again.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Ok I figured out the trick...

Get your internet window fitted so that the first two images are both in view and most of the image is in the window. Next, slowly begin to cross your eyes, this is when you push your eyes together towards your nose. After doing this the two images should seem to converge into a 3rd image between the original two. Try not to pay attention to the first two images, only the new 3rd one you've created. Now, keep your eyes crossed with that blurry 3rd image in the middle. Don't worry if your 3rd image is blurry, that's natural. Wait for your eyes to become steady and just rest at the blurry 3rd image for awhile, maybe a minute tops. Then scroll up and down on your browser window, go through all the images keeping your eyes crossed. This allows your eyes to adjust much faster from what I've noticed. After a few scrolls you should see all the images in perfect 3-d form if you keep your eyes in the same focus. It's pretty kewl once you get your eyes focused properly because the images are quite kewl. Also, don't stop once you can make out the images barely, keep staring until you can see the images in a very defined resolution. After about a minute tops of staring you should see a very sharp image with very defined 3-d qualities. Just be patient and keep scrolling!

My favorites are the hume and taru on airship and the hume female fishing. Quite good, can anyone post more or give info on how to make them?

*Edited for clarity in directions

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

sure, ill post more in the morning when im not on my psp. magus, if i forget to post it, send me a tell in-game, im on lakshmi too. im sasukekun

works nice, just my eyes are all dry now

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

when you have 2 completely separate images that are inches apart (i guess it depends on your monitor size + resolution, but those are pretty large images) most people can't see stereoscopic pictures because your point of focus has to be farther apart than your eyes are - youd not only have to relax your eye muscles to the point where you are looking at 2 equidistant points (2 parallel lines), youd actually have to be able to look OUTWARD with each eye which is impossible for anyone but circus freaks.

to get these types of images to work, you have to put them in a device like this
    http://spillwaytoysoldiers.homestead...tereoscope.jpg

to get stereoscopic vision without using a stereoscope, you have to either use some other kind of special lenses (red/blue or reverse polarity), or use computer imagery to blend the 2 photos into one (the funny dot pictures that were a fad in the early 90's). the "dot" pictures arent actually stereoscopes anyway.