Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ToAU Exp Camps Compilation (Pre 70)

I've been taking parties I make on my Bard to new areas to try to find exp goldmines. Some have worked, some haven't. Feel free to mention any I don't have listed(any good Caedarva area camps?). I left Diremites off because I never found a camp that had enough spawns to keep chaining.

Level Range: 53-58
    Area: Wajaom Woodlands
    Target Mob(s): Lesser Colibri
    Camp: Near Olduum Ring Leypoint
    Capacity: 2 comfortably, 3 cramped
    Notes: These mobs are weak to piercing damage, so NIN+THF combination works well here, though honestly, they're weak to everything. A 53-54 party with a Ninja tank can kill these and get chain 4/5 for up to 350 without an xp ring. After 57 the xp drops off to mid 100's, but you can kill them much quicker. It's nice to have a bard(when isnt it?) so the tank can have pseudo food(snatch morsel is ghey). You can camp just outside Al Zhabi but people usually solo these and fomor pop there at night.

Level Range: 55-59
    Area: Wajaom Woodlands/Bhalfau Thickets
    Target Mob(s): Wajaom Tiger/Aht Urghan Attercop
    Camp: H-8/9/10 Thickets, I/J/K-9 Woodlands, et al
    Capacity: Alot
    Notes: I never actually exp'ed on these but I hear they have similar moves as their mainland counterparts and give decent exp, but nothing spectacular.

Level Range: 58-62
    Area: Aydeewa Subterrane
    Target Mob(s): Defoliator/Puktrap
    Camp: K-7 via J-6 Wajaom Woodlands
    Capacity: 1
    Notes: Same moves as mainland crawlers and traps. Pulling here can be a hassle since there are puddles that make crawlers lose aggro every 10 steps, have to be quick in reclaiming since they will depop. Exp was nothing to write home about, never been a big fan of crawler exp myself but hey its not VoS. If you had a burn you could probably have better results.

Level Range: 58-62
    Area: Wajaom Woodlands
    Target Mob(s): Puk
    Camp: H-11, G-12
    Capacity: 1 each for the camps I mentioned, there are more as you get closer to Mamook
    Notes: Annoying TP moves, same ones people know from Thickets Sea Puks. AoE knockback, single knockback, AoE flash, blink. Like colibri these can be really easy to kill with a NIN tank and pretty much any melee combination.

Level Range: 61-65
    Area: Bhalfau Thickets
    Target Mob(s): Colibri
    Camp: G-8, F-9, et al
    Capacity: 1 at each, more if you can find them, didnt explore too far north
    Notes: Same as Lesser except for the auto-reflect type move. I was pulling these as bard and had Elegy get reflected every pull, but since they have no skill it rarely stuck on me. After the initial reflect, sometimes they reflected more but sometimes they didn't, never really could figure them out. If youre a BLM, dont cast -ga and try to keep blink up so if you get reflected it will get absorbed. F-9 at the tower is a favorite of mine, had just enough mobs to get chain 5-7 every round. I believe G-8 has slightly less Colibri.

Level Range: 62-66
    Area: Bhalfau Thickets
    Target Mob(s): Date Eruca/Colibri
    Camp: F-8
    Notes: There are 5 Eruca on 5 min timers and a few Colibri in the area also. Erucas have incinerate, fire based cone AoE that can do 10-800 damage. Keep Barfira up, take BQ ring off. These mobs seem to like Cocoon alot more than mainland crawlers though, which can be hell if they're spamming it and all you have is a bard to finale.

Level Range: 62-67
    Area: Mount Zhayolm
    Target Mob(s): Magmatic Eruca
    Camp: L-8, I-9, others along coast
    Capacity: 3+
    Notes: Tons of Eruca line the coast here. See comment about Date Erucas, theyre basically the same, although during fire weather, their Incinerate becomes deadlier and more frequent. Stick to the tunnels to avoid links, or roam if you're confident.

Level Range: 63-67
    Area: Mamook
    Target Mob(s): Mamool Ja/Puk/Hunting Raptor
    Camp: J-7 in the tunnel
    Notes: Mamools are easy kills, but the raptors take longer(you will need to kill them). Make sure your puller doesn't fall off the ledge, pull from the top. Sometimes you can pull a Puk if its close enough to the upper ledge, which make a better chain keeper than raptors. The BLU type Mamool seems far less deadly than its higher level brother, but still has unpredictability. Barfira helps for Firespit.

more more more!!

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

66-75 marid heaven. requires a pld. thickets or woodlands, i prefer woodlands. have the pld equip earth staff, and just kite it, xping on chigoes for 2000+ xp a marid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole
    66-75 marid heaven. requires a pld. thickets or woodlands, i prefer woodlands. have the pld equip earth staff, and just kite it, xping on chigoes for 2000+ xp a marid.
    expand on this please! lol

how tough are the chigoes? do you kill the marid eventually? and if so how? etc w

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Another sticky or at least a mention in the ToAU sticky.

Banned.

BG Level

Has anyone looked into right outside Nashmau? At least for BSTs. Puktraps, leeches, and birds.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii

how tough are the chigoes? do you kill the marid eventually? and if so how? etc w
    Chigoes are VT-IT at 63-64 for me. I soloed them for 300 base, and up to 500-600+ in chain5-10. Of course, I had outside healers. With a full PT, you'd own these with 4 Melee + 2 support for 150-200 each. The outside PT fighting the Marid would be in essence Powerleveling you because they would be fighting Marids and keeping it alive spawning Chigoes nonstop for disgustingly fast experience points.

My XP rate solo was 18000 an hour. With a full PT it'd be 10-12k an hour as long as PT's are constantly fighting Marid repops.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii

ok- you DO kill the marid, the DD, they do the 4 hit WS to give the marid tp, when it gets enough tp spawn a chigoe, then someone/or more attack the chigoe and ive noticed it needs to be killed quickly,very quickly. so ws on them. and YES you do kill the marid, you hit it and build tp on it while the paladin just runs around and vokes and flashes it. its VERY easy, VERY fun, and VERY awsome.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: ToAU Exp Camps Compilation (Pre 70)

Quote Originally Posted by Firan
    I've been taking parties I make on my Bard to new areas to try to find exp goldmines. Some have worked, some haven't. Feel free to mention any I don't have listed(any good Caedarva area camps?). I left Diremites off because I never found a camp that had enough spawns to keep chaining.
    bummed that I couldn't keep up on my NIN with your BRD because of work.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: ToAU Exp Camps Compilation (Pre 70)

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Quote Originally Posted by Firan
    bummed that I couldn't keep up on my NIN with your BRD because of work.
    ; ;

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Has anyone looked into right outside Nashmau? At least for BSTs. Puktraps, leeches, and birds.
    I tried this around level 56-57ish. It was pretty good exp. Birds are really easy, and watch out for the sleep move from Puktraps. We didn't try any leeches.

kind of an old thread, but any ideas where to go 67-69 level range?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Epidemic
    kind of an old thread, but any ideas where to go 67-69 level range?
    Read this thread.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

seeing as how bsts tend to camp in different places than normal xp pts, can someone provide info on bst camps around 58-75 in the new areas?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

you can do 67-75 on doomed and imps in caedarva mire. I wouldnt do flies till 70+ though.