+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any wrestling fans?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any wrestling fans?

I wanna get back into it because I hear DX is coming back. I used to follow it so hardcore back in middleschool, but then highschool I just stopped. Big fan of the WCW and WWF wars...and I wanna know what major stuff has happened since about 2000, lol. I know WWE took over ECW and WCW. Kane got demasked, and that stupid Eddie Guerero drama, oh and Stephanie McMahon got married to HHH irl. Anything else worth noting? If Degeneration X comes back, I'll be happy. They were fucking hilarious.

You missed Finlay break out a tiny midget from under the ring after the match on Smackdown this past Saturday. He started tossing the midget ontop of his opponent, sorta like flying body slam... lol

Finlay is irish so I'm assuming the midget is some leprechaun... WWE can be funny at times...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    You missed Finlay break out a tiny midget from under the ring after the match on Smackdown this past Saturday. He started tossing the midget ontop of his opponent, sorta like flying body slam... lol

Finlay is irish so I'm assuming the midget is some leprechaun... WWE can be funny at times...
    LOL

Fit Finlay ftw.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Re: Any wrestling fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Vade
    I wanna get back into it because I hear DX is coming back. I used to follow it so hardcore back in middleschool, but then highschool I just stopped. Big fan of the WCW and WWF wars...and I wanna know what major stuff has happened since about 2000, lol. I know WWE took over ECW and WCW. Kane got demasked, and that stupid Eddie Guerero drama, oh and Stephanie McMahon got married to HHH irl. Anything else worth noting? If Degeneration X comes back, I'll be happy. They were fucking hilarious.
    like a lot of people, I stopped watching WWF around 8-9 years ago after it became crap. I've watched it a few times since then and it still is crap. They've made people who used to be some of the most strongest and popular wrestlers weak losers.

Anyhow, when Wrestlemania was in Chicago my sister and I saw the Big Show at the local Dominick's.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wrestlemania was in Houston a few years back. I remember it was crazy driving around downtown. Didn't see anyone famous though.

And MMM, Dominick's. I was born in Chicago, and I've been back a few times. I always remember the pizza though.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I'm talking about the grocery store lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ah, I could swear there was a pizza place called that >.>

Maybe it was something else. Maybe start with a C? I forget..but they had damn good deep dish pizza.

Oh I remember now, it's called Gino's

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I follow Wrestling religiously but seldom watch it. I'm the sort of geek who sits there calling out the predictability of the matches or critiquing a workers ability to sell etc..

Bringing back DX is pretty lame, even if I do wish to see it myself too. It's sad that HHH would only turn face in this manner but as long as he continues to bury that piece of shit John Cena it's all good.

If you really wanna get back into wrestling, I suggest checking out TNA. They have tons of the older characters, better story-lines and a cooler ring setup.

The WWE has the same old tired story lines.... "you were my partner but now we are enemies"... "I want my belt back"... blah.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

lol so true...

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I remember seeing a few months ago that Vince and shane were supposed to fight Shawn Micheals and God. What the fuck was that all about? Can someone splain that to me. (also used to watch wresting a lot, but quit following. Was a huge Rock fan)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Vince told the story writers to make that shit up to mock Shawn's "born-again christian" thing...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ahhh I miss the old old WWE days..Stone Cold,The Rock,The Dudley(sp?) boys and so on,was the good o'l days

Does anyone remember that one WWE ep where Stone Cold got that beer truck and shot The Rock and Vince w/ beer XD that was funny

and that stupid Eddie Guerero drama
    dude.. he died O.o

and I think steph mcmann (or however you spell it) got pregnant so she couldn't exactly be around much.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    dude.. he died O.o

and I think steph mcmann (or however you spell it) got pregnant so she couldn't exactly be around much.
    It's not that he died, it's that the WWE played it out for so long. Using his name in different stories..

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    dude.. he died O.o

It's not that he died, it's that the WWE played it out for so long. Using his name in different stories..
    oh that stuff? ya that was blah :\ and so disrespectful. I don't know why but I used to love watching wrestling all the time :3 I remember watching sting come down from the rafters or watching people up there and whatnot and it was crazy and booker T and Kane in the mask and the Undertaker and X-factor (I think it was) and whatnot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

No, Um... Eddie Guerrero actually did die in RL.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They continued story lines with his name after he died for a few months.

Give me a minute, ill post my original saying ><