Yigit Crackows before and after

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

ofn

good for solo I guess?

Conserve MP >>>>>>>>>>>> 20dmg

the only time you need 20dmg is to make your thunder IV do just over that 25% of a mob's HP so you don't have to nuke 5 times.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    good for solo I guess?

Conserve MP >>>>>>>>>>>> 20dmg

the only time you need 20dmg is to make your thunder IV do just over that 25% of a mob's HP so you don't have to nuke 5 times.
    Some might argue that last 1-2% of a mob's HP is valuable, in the case that you got crit hit through stoneskin or something, you can just Drainyour HP back as you kill it. So even then, it doesn't look that useful. Not a BLM though. *gets out*

No flame intended, but using af2 boots over yigit because of the conserve mp is stupid. Not for the epen factor but that you are getting more damage on all spells vs the maybe-sorta-might kick in conserve mp effect that saves you 5 mp.

ew BLM/SMN

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    No flame intended, but using af2 boots over yigit because of the conserve mp is stupid. Not for the epen factor but that you are getting more damage on all spells vs the maybe-sorta-might kick in conserve mp effect that saves you 5 mp.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but on average through a large sample, the MP you save from the conserve MP on the AF2 boots is larger than 3-4 MP per tier IV nuke, which translates into that 20 extra damage... right?

Except that you aren't blowing all of your mp away and chain nuking unless your group is in trouble. Even then, I can't even think of an instance where I would need that with refresh and/or ballad.

BLM have innate conserve mp, the extra boost from the boots won't be significant in most cases since it is a largely random job trait.

just for your info i wass blm/rdm for nukes went blm/smn to trio Lebros cavern

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

try it with Rostrums

Fast Cast > MAB+2

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Tilo is probably one of those blm's who die 10 seconds into a fight because they wanted to show off their epeen.

omg I don't use af2 over rostrum (don't have yigit yet), I must be a bad blm.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Tilo is probably one of those blm's who die 10 seconds into a fight because they wanted to show off their epeen.
    OH LOOK AT ME I'M DOING +20DMG AND PULLING HATE FASTER AND HITTING THE GROUND FASTER AND NOT HAVING AS MUCH MP FOR AN EXTENDED FIGHT BECAUSE ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT NUMBER ON THE THUNDER IV!!!111

You guys that think that make me sick.

Gear is situational; use it as such.

Solo: Rostrum, Yigit
    HNM: AF2

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Conserve MP is the best thing ever. AF2 4 life

I'm not here to flame, and I perfectly agree with you that gear is situational, but I believe the added bonus of the boots does not out weigh the extra damage.

There was a nice test from lolalla that you shouldn't discard immediately because of its source.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... 3181&num=5

I'll quote the more interesting parts (most of it is worth the read) and bold certain things:

Constants

Total MP used without trait: 10000
    Total casts: 100

Unmodified Conserve mp

Total MP used: 9308
    Total MP conserved: 692
    Total number of triggers: 28
    Average mp conserved/trigger: 24.7%
    Highest % Conserved: 50% (1 time)
    Lowest % Conserved: 7% (4 times)
    Average mp conservation over time: 6.92%

Conserve mp +2 (Weskit)

Total MP used: 9340
    Total MP conserved: 660
    Total number of triggers: 25
    Average mp conserved/trigger: 26.4%
    Highest % Conserved: 50% (3 times)
    Lowest % Conserved: 7% (3 times)
    Average mp conservation over time: 6.6%

Unexpectedly, without the converve mp bonus from the weskit, I actually had more mp conserved... This is mostly due to more triggers in the first 100 casts then in the second 100 casts.. A difference of 3 triggers resulted in 32 more mp being conserved... However this is most likely a experiment irregularity due to chance and would be negated if I took it to 1000 casts or so... What is important though, is that with the bonus from the weskit, each trigger was more likely to conserve a higher % of the total MP... Since we are dealing with 10000mp rather then 100 casts, any random effects are minimized and we can see more clearly the defining trends...
    So the bonus from the boots makes more mp conserved per trigger, according to this limited data, but not necessarily kick in more.

I fully concede that the bonus is there, but it's so minor and the damage from rostrum and yigit seems more worth it.

Go ahead and flame me for having an opinion on the matter but meh, if I came to the bg forum expecting anything less I'd be disappointed.

Banned.

BG Level

I think Yigit is the best boots overall. Converse MP and Fastcast considered.

Sample sizes of 100 make baby jesus cry.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

to summarize Tilo last post, Conserve MP+ gear doesnt make it kick in more, it only makes the chance when it kicks in to give a little more MP, since BLM already have the trait, its nothing to scof at.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Sample sizes of 100 make baby jesus cry.
    And its been proven with a size of 1000, either way its proven.

Someone ought to just park their blm somewhere with black cloak on, hold down the "curaga self" macro, and leave their computer for a week with a log capture program running. Then we can get real data on trigger and mp conservation percentages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast