Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

How important are Jailers?

hi I'm from Hades, wondering whats more important in the HNM scene because I'm almost at the level for endgame

Sky gods, Jailers or dragons like Tiamat help me out

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

For you, Roc/Simurgh/Serket is all that matters.

sea is actually a nice alternative to regular sky/kings/wyrms endgame stuff. It's usually empty and the NMs themselves offer somewhat interesting fights. Just be sure your linkshell is ready for 8 hour farming session or waiting to get something to pop, just to see that it doesn't drop the pop item to move onto the next tier of NMs.

It can be really frustrating, but also pretty fun if you are committed.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    Just be sure your linkshell is ready for 8 hour farming session or waiting to get something to pop, just to see that it doesn't drop the pop item to move onto the next tier of NMs.

It can be []really[/b] frustrating, but also pretty fun if you are committed.

Had a bad experience with us yesterday?

On topic, sea is really nice imo, but don't concentrate on that first. There is nothing you will want from that place, other than the satisfaction to fight relatively fun NMs. One of the major problem with sea is that many are bored, and constantly AFK, making every progress in big group a pain.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sea is so weird...

We're now up to SEVEN Altruistic capes, and only a mere TWO deeds from the same NM...wtf lol

A. Body
    BG Level

i have a light bulb moment here....

maybe that gear/pop item drop ratio is actualy designed to have your group gear-ready to fight the next tier of mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    i have a light bulb moment here....

maybe that gear/pop item drop ratio is actualy designed to have your group gear-ready to fight the next tier of mobs?
    that would make some kind of sense if the torque and pop item drop rate were reversed, or the jailer weapons didn't suck, or if there were more items that dropped from the jailers, but as it stands now, +7skill isn't gonna change anything from "omg this is so hard" to "we wtfpwned this biotch"

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yay, cape streak finally broken.

Spent an hour farming Ix'DRG, he popped, killed it. Next room, popped again, damn lucky :P

2 Deeds ftw, and manaburn xp

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob

Spent an hour farming Ix'DRG, he popped, killed it. Next room, popped again, damn lucky

I wish my LS have a cape streak

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

loldeed#3
    drgwhat

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

we've gone some 14 or 15 ix'drg in a row with no cape~ To hell with the brds/smn/nin anyways.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What I want to know is why DRG is always so streaky. For us, he either doesn't pop for hours, or always pops in groups of 3.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Killed Ix'Drk tonight... Deed only ; ;

Overall though, we're a lot better off on capes than most groups I've heard about, something like 2/6 on Capes. Best record was 2/3, I think first and third dropped Capes. I got outlotted by ONE on our second cape. It was enough to make someone emo.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9...btarget2qi.png

Sig on my LS forums, lol

Shitty luck on Ix'Mnk. I don't even know if we got a Deed from that asshole. We've been popping him with 3 organs lately, but we just reset the Qn's instead of fighting them. Do you need to kill the Qn's on Mnk to make the drop rate better or is using the 3 organs enough?

Don't think we've tried DRG yet. We're still getting the last few people in the shell their Sea access and Rings, then I suspect we're gong to hit Sea with a vengence. On another note, we're 1/2 on Fortitude Torque, and I believe 2/2 on Deeds from him.

You're a disgrace to Hades -.-

Ask this shit on KI or something.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

but also pretty fun if you are committed.
    You sure you don't mean "You need to be committed if you think sea is fun" ?

On a more serious note, new, up-and-coming players should just go right for kings. Why not go for arguably the best gear in the game that can be taken down by lesser experienced and lesser geared players? Its very sad seeing some LS have to sleep a ridill-dropping Fafnir 3+ times when they have 25+ in zone... and then later on attempt a crystal-only-Tiamat and horribly wipe.

SE should seriously revisit either the gear dropped from kings or their difficulty and bring them more in line with other mobs in this game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob

Spent an hour farming Ix'DRG, he popped, killed it. Next room, popped again, damn lucky

Can you still manaburn Ix'DRG?

In this thread, Morathi talks about manaburning him by breaking party and using the portals to zone it. Nicholas refutes it saying that the behavior of the mob was changed. So does the strat that Morathi outlined still work?

My ls is currently 0/5 on Prudence's drop with only 1 torque. =/ One of our officers last night put out a plea to manaburn in Sea to pop Ix'DRG after getting just another club from Prudence.

This is the last item we need to pop JoL but the shitty goldfish isn't putting out. Seashell has been jacking all of the sixth virtues. =/

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: How important are Jailers?

Quote Originally Posted by Royalrainbow
    This important:

<--->

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well apparently the secret to killing Ix'Drk is to not have a different ls hanging out at zone line when you try to get rid of aggro...

Because it will obviously depop in the time it takes me to zone out and zone back in...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    Can you still manaburn Ix'DRG?

In this thread, Morathi talks about manaburning him by breaking party and using the portals to zone it. Nicholas refutes it saying that the behavior of the mob was changed. So does the strat that Morathi outlined still work?

My ls is currently 0/5 on Prudence's drop with only 1 torque. =/ One of our officers last night put out a plea to manaburn in Sea to pop Ix'DRG after getting just another club from Prudence.

This is the last item we need to pop JoL but the shitty goldfish isn't putting out. Seashell has been jacking all of the sixth virtues. =/

It should works. Just make sure to break party, and no more than 1 person can have hate at the same time or aggro reset wno't work since there is still one person with hate in the area

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: How important are Jailers?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Royalrainbow