Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hate Loss?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    If resting, between tick or not, caused mobs to aggro immediately as they pop, like those fomor that were already in the middle of casting as they faded into view, then I'm pulling Carbuncle out and resting right before a window next camp...
    Can you rest with an avatar out?
    Until the first tick, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    The check server side is obviously not done every fraction of second. It would eat too much power for nothing. Might be timed with the 3 sec clock
    I'm not sure how fast it checks, but I know it's 100% (if the mob is already spawned and not in it's first 5 seconds) that if you type /heal you will aggro before your knee even hits the ground. It's instant.
    That's for natural mob detection--basically, if you're in the healing state it skips the "is the mob too weak to aggro" check. If the mob can't detect you (ie sneaked for undead), they still won't aggro. If the mob is passive, it won't aggro. Mobs check for things to aggro very frequently, however.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    The check server side is obviously not done every fraction of second. It would eat too much power for nothing. Might be timed with the 3 sec clock
    I'm not sure how fast it checks, but I know it's 100% (if the mob is already spawned and not in it's first 5 seconds) that if you type /heal you will aggro before your knee even hits the ground. It's instant.
    That's for natural mob detection--basically, if you're in the healing state it skips the "is the mob too weak to aggro" check. If the mob can't detect you (ie sneaked for undead), they still won't aggro. If the mob is passive, it won't aggro. Mobs check for things to aggro very frequently, however.
    I'm aware, my post was to the point that there is no delay or "checking every tick", it's instant.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wrong thread! Go me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4