Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Obviously this post is to Genome, and anyone who likes to argue about the CoP rings:

I always find it hilarious when someone tries to tell someone else they picked the wrong ring, since, you know, everyone has a different playstile, and opinions, fact is: You get to pick your own ring, and that is it, stfu about what someone else gets and be happy with what you have.

That being said, I was 75 blm for well over a year before I leveled my second job at the time (Mnk), then when I completed CoP I was leveling my Rng as well and now 61 Sam, I thought to myself I already had two snow rings and Blm was going to be the only mage job for my main char, so Rajas was my choice and I'm happy with it. Truth be told, I am blm for events 95% of the times (I get to screw around as mnk for some dynamis and limbus, but thats about it, and the off chance that we need a rng for sky) and many times I can't help but feel that the -3 enmity from Tamas may have saved me from getting hate after a big nuke on something that counts and I possibly could have lived a bit longer and helped my ls out more(-enmity merits, mixed in other -enmity pieces usually I will have -12 enmity or so when I nuke, sometimes more since I found that there is no such thing as too much -enmity when you are already doing plenty of dmg).

Another note, Brennon even has Spharai, she has always been an incredible monk her whole time (she was awesome in exp parties back in the newb days when people thought mnks, wars, and nins sucked, even prior to the omgrng days) and if she can see the benefits of Tamas ring, you should take your head out of your ass and think things through and stop trying to tell others Tamas is bad and Rajas is all that.
    I am not sure why people would think I tell people to pick one ring or another. Nowhere in all of my posts did I ever do this, I simply compared stats on the two rings as all who have to make irreversible decisions do.
    I am not sure why Lordwafik is so defensive and angry over a ring or in general. But I don't think writing bold uppercase and large font "Noo" to points that somehow bother him or he doesn't like to think about or admit contributes anything to the discussion, and same goes for snapping, making personal attacks or trying to start drama.
    All the points I was making are still valid, and they don't endorse one decision or another or try to say one person's choice is better than another, because again even realizing that certain stats are more unique or more useful to have on the same item for some jobs, each person can put different value on one feature or another depending on their preference.
    While using a str or rajas ring for nuking wouldn't make much practical sense (Coephoros is the only person i ever heard suggesting this would be a good idea...) you can always switch an INT ring for nuking and use rajas on your melee jobs when appropriate, if you picked that. If you choose tamas and also play a melee job, you won't be able to get subtle blow, store tp, and a dex+str combo on the same ring, which is something you want to consider when making your choice of ring. This might be an acceptable tradeoff based on how much you play melee vs how much you play a mage job, but it's something you should consider and decide carefully.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

One of these days, playing Devil's Advocate is going to get me in trouble, but... I would have to say that Rajas make more of an impact on THF than it does on any other job. The reason it is better than either 2 STR rings and 2 DEX Rings is because it in itself is one of each. For SATA, if you have 1 STR/DEX ring on one finger and Rajas on the other, its like having 3 useful rings on at the same time, but when you try that math with Tamas, it doesn't matter because that "extra ring" isn't being put to use (I can't wait for SE to bring out a spell that DOES use INT and MND at the same time...). However, being RDM main, now and forever, I picked Tamas and I haven't regretted it since. (I might someday regret it if I ever level THF)

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good Read in that KI topic Wafik, nice to see just how retarded Genome is :D

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I regret picking Suppanomimi.
    I don't regret Tamas or Magnetic.

omgz.. im so wrong.. should love suppa/rajas/ethereal amirite?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I always find it hilarious when someone tries to tell someone else they picked the wrong ring, since, you know, everyone has a different playstile, and opinions, fact is: You get to pick your own ring, and that is it, stfu about what someone else gets and be happy with what you have.
    people shouldn't come to websites and post "which one should i get?" then

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I am not sure why Lordwafik is so defensive and angry over a ring or in general. But I don't think writing bold uppercase and large font "Noo" to points that somehow bother him or he doesn't like to think about or admit contributes anything to the discussion, and same goes for snapping, making personal attacks or trying to start drama.
    ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Good Read in that KI topic Wafik, nice to see just how retarded Genome is :D
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    people shouldn't come to websites and post "which one should i get?" then
    While I agree with you on that, also you must realize, my statement was more along the lines to the people who do NOT ask what to get, and are still told they picked the wrong ring. Someone who makes a post to ask what xxx item to get, then yes, you open up a debate where anyone and everyone can say why one item is better than the other. This thread went along the lines of someone trying to convince someone else they fucked up by getting mage ring over melee ring.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nagamaki
    People need to calm down.

Wow.

Both rings offer unique stat combinations, one happens to be stats other rings can provide (to varying degrees) and one has some replaceable stats and some stats that are specific to it among rings, but what does it matter? In both cases, you can't replace the overall combination.

Telling people a certain ring isn't as unique doesn't matter at all if they're not going to use it, its the same with all the items in "pick one only" sets...

Assorted wisdom.
    Exactly! It does not matter how unique an item is if your job set cannot take advantage of that uniqueness. An item with "Martial Arts +5 Wyvern Haste +15% Assassin +3" is not going to matter much if your only jobs are WHM, BLM, and SMN. Just like an item with "Reraise XP loss -5% Ancient Magic MP cost -10% Avatar Accuracy +10" will not matter to someone whose only jobs are MNK, DRG, and THF.

Apples. Oranges. Different!

Anyway, to the main topic of this discussion. I picked Abyssal, Tamas and Hollow and I am happy with two of my three choices. It all goes down to the gear serving their purposes for your jobs. Abyssal does not do nearly as much for my RDM as a Suponomimi would do for my WAR. (Or for my RDM when I sub NIN.) Tama does so much more for my RDM than Rajas would do for my RDM or WAR. (Tamas only leaves my finger when I am soloing and swap in Flame Rings- that is how amazing Tamas Ring is.) Hollow does more for my RDM when I solo than any of the other earrings would do for my RDM or WAR.

If I could ditch the Abyssal and get a Suponomimi I would do it in a heart beat. If I could get a second CoP ring, I would love to have a Rajas too, but I can live with out it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hm, I need to not read Genome posts.

/blist add "Genome"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The forums would be a lot less interesting if you could /blist people here and not see their posts.

So much drama and arguing would be gone.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Is it just me or is his only comeback right at the end of a post something that an obnoxious poncy brittish boarding school brat would say? The more I see the end of his replies, the more I want to hire a steamroller and drive over his face.

Quotes from him at the end of posts.

To avoid this you could try being more friendly and having a nicer attitude when trying to get some point across.
    I never started any derailment although people jumping the gun and insulting each other like you just did seems to be all that people are doing these days on these forums...
    There's a lot more interesting and game-related stuff that could be discussed...
    I doubt the fact that you would want to try and start drama here now could really be because you don't like me, you could just send me a PM saying "I don't like you even though you never given me any reason not to like you".

Both of you should consider posting in the "flame wars" forum instead of clogging out the monk forum with this type of nonsense.
    One thing that would go more along the lines of your burping and interrupting analogy would be bad language and shout matches, those would seem more a breach of etiquette than adding a link for people to check out the source or see extra screenshots.
    passive aggressive again? ... I really recommend you try to make posts only when you have something useful to say. If you don't add to anything other than your post count, all you do is clutter the forums.

http://www.apropaving.com/images/steamroller.jpg

He also likes to play the psychologist.

"Such aggression...does this have to do with your mother?"

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8