BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dynamis-Bastok Needs More Mobs

While I realize Bastok is hands down the biggest joke of a Dynamis they really need to add more mobs to it.

After clearing every mob in the entire zone, I do mean every mob, we were really hoping it would just like repop the entire zone or something. Instead we were left with almost 30 minutes on our hourglass & absolutely nothing to do. Did manage to walk away with 18 pieces of AF2, 3 100 bills, and about 340 singles, but still.

I feel really bad for quadav, they are such wussy mobs in comparison to Orcs, Yags, Demons & Hydras.

Thanx 4 theinfo

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

It does seem like bastok does have significantly less mobs than the other dynamises. Sandy seems kind of small too. Jeuno and windy seem to have plenty of mobs to keep you busy the full time even with 40+ people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, Bastok is the only one we've managed to kill everything -> repop -> kill everything completely, too (by splitting into teams and going separate directions). But I wouldn't complain about there not being more mobs... personally, I don't mind ending a 3 hour dynamis early.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

We completely cleared out bastok with approx 45mins left, so we just sent tells/ asked in our non dynamis LS who ever needed bastok clear, and got them in to touch the ???

We've fully cleared all 3 cities with time left on the clock...Sandy with 30 minutes and Jeuno with 10.

I still want to try to full-clear Windurst. One of these days we're going to have a really full turnout to Windurst and that'll be that.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    We've fully cleared all 3 cities with time left on the clock...Sandy with 30 minutes and Jeuno with 10.

I still want to try to full-clear Windurst. One of these days we're going to have a really full turnout to Windurst and that'll be that.
    Fat chance unless Beauc or Xarc is blocked, and then we change to that zone.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I just figured Dynamis-Bastok was like the training ground for other places, which would account for it being easier.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think it has roughly the same amount of mobs as the other zones, Quadav just don't use any annoying stun AoE's like Yags, or use any real AoE's in general like Orcs, and in general you have to really work hard to link mobs to get even more than 4 or 5 mobs in at a time.

I have nothing against finishing a run early but at the same time I wish Dynamis simply had 'plenty' of mobs.

I don't think you can even feasibly kill all of the mobs in a CoP zone, Xarcabard, or Glacier so there's always more farming you can do, I just think the original cities should be the same way. I want my full 3 1/2 hours damnit!

It's just easier due to Quadavs having no AOE TP moves. Melee don't get stunned/damaged/etc and it makes for a much smoother run.

My Dynamis LS full cleared Bastok on Saturday with nearly 50 minutes left on the clock. Got over 800 coins too, so it was a phenomenal run.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    It's just easier due to Quadavs having no AOE TP moves. Melee don't get stunned/damaged/etc and it makes for a much smoother run.
    And the one AOE TP move they do have everyone usually cries out for them to do it because it's so god damn hilarious.

With a full group I am pretty sure you could clear everything in glacier, but it would require splitting up. With Manaburn's typical attendance we can clear all the non-hydra mobs in the zone, and the hydra section isn't exactly huge plus gives +30 minutes that was typically don't redeem. I also have a few ideas on how to make us even more efficient...

Xarc full clear = no fucking way.

I think that must have been a cross server record though for drops.

Has anyone ever beaten 18 AF2s and 3 100 notes in a single run? I think our tally was

4 MNK
    4 BST
    3 SAM
    1 BRD
    2 RDM
    2 SMN
    2 THF

(btw, was new moon lol)

To Khasmin, you don't need to split up to clear Bastok with time left over. We had 41 people, only about 9 of which were Black Mages, and we still did it with 35 minutes left over. We just pulled faster than shit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory

Has anyone ever beaten 18 AF2s and 3 100 notes in a single run? I think our tally was

4 MNK
    4 BST
    3 SAM
    1 BRD
    2 RDM
    2 SMN
    2 THF

(btw, was new moon lol)

To Khasmin, you don't need to split up to clear Bastok with time left over. We had 41 people, only about 9 of which were Black Mages, and we still did it with 35 minutes left over. We just pulled faster than shit lol.
    Gotten over 700 coins in Bastok before, and I think our AF2 high is close to 20.

Typically a full-clear of a city will give you 250-350 single coins, 1-2 x100 and 10-15 AF2. Obviously when you get lucky you can get a lot more

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    We completely cleared out bastok with approx 45mins left, so we just sent tells/ asked in our non dynamis LS who ever needed bastok clear, and got them in to touch the ???
    Id go nuts with this idea. "How many wins can we get for people in 45min!!" Contact every LS we know and everyone we know. Get SE to put more mobs in the zone to prevent this that from happening lol.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory

4 MNK
    4 BST
    3 SAM
    1 BRD
    2 RDM
    2 SMN
    2 THF

(btw, was new moon lol)

Our dynamis sandoria

AF2 :
    RDM
    SMN
    BRD
    MNK
    MNK
    MNK
    WHM
    WAR
    WAR
    WAR
    WAR
    RNG
    RNG
    BST
    BST
    NIN
    PLD
    PLD
    PLD
    PLD
    PLD

Coin count :
    3x M.Silverpeice
    215x O.Bronzepeice
    Total coins : 515 (parser DC'd mid this, at the end I had a total of 542).

Reguarding Hydras, a long time ago on our first hydra NM attempt, we fought our way through to the eye, was very hard and something different, but after we go to the nue eye we had 30mins left (we popped all bar hydra and far orc extension)

netz

I see your 542 bronzepiece San d'Oria and raise you a 770 byne bill Bastok, with 33 people (another linkshell did about the same quantity with about 20 more people several months ago).

It's fun hearing about massive currency runs. I wish they were more common.

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    I see your 515 bronzepiece San d'Oria and raise you a 770 byne bill Bastok, with 33 people (another linkshell did about the same quantity with about 20 more people several months ago).

It's fun hearing about massive currency runs. I wish they were more common.
    The one mentioned in this thread was pretty good actually. 643 currency if you count hundreds. One Dynamis - Windurst we went on dropped 8 hundred notes.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Fine lemme dig up my highest bastok run, im sure it's lower than yours.

It's 709, that's our highest currency run I think. 4x 100 peice, the rest were free coins. Only 9 af2 that night, but all the mobs were dropping like 3-4 coins each. Was amazing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    "How many wins can we get for people in 45min!!"