+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graphics Card heeeeeeelp     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Graphics Card heeeeeeelp

Recently bought a game, installed, then went to play only to watch it crash. I then found out it's because the game can't play on my shitty intel card. So I'm gonna do what I've been meaning to do and get a new card. I have a Dell Laptop if that changes anything. I don't know much about which ones are good or better than others.

Any suggestions for one? Not looking to spend an assload either.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Can you really change laptop video card easily? >_>

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Easily? no, infact you cant change them at all, 95% of the laptops have intergrated cards. If you want to replace the vid card, you have to replace the motherboard and everything with it. i.e. get a new laptop.

There are some, like alienware, that make laptops where you can change vid cards.

So unless you have a very high end laptop, youre screwed.

lol fuck, oh well. Thanks guys.

Try using 3d analyze, but I'd say you're fucked if you have a shitty integrated vid card.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Easily? no, infact you cant change them at all, 95% of the laptops have intergrated cards. If you want to replace the vid card, you have to replace the motherboard and everything with it. i.e. get a new laptop.

There are some, like alienware, that make laptops where you can change vid cards.

So unless you have a very high end laptop, youre screwed.

wrong. Many laptops have been coming out with seperate slots on the mother board that are swapable and have the ability to upgrade the video card. The only laptops that are pretty much intergrated now are the ultra thin ones who are ment for like business and shit.

If your laptop is a dell AND is fairly modern (2-3yrs old) then you might be able to swap it to a better video card.

Zigma gives me hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Zigma gives me hope!
    lemmi take it away.

If your pc is old enough that it can't play the game. Then its old enough to say they dident have swappable v-cards then.

What game?

Call of Duty 2. It's not that my laptop is old (it isnt) it's just Intel cards suck when it comes to games because they can't play alot of them for whatever reason. They have a list on their website of games that aren't supported.

Edit: Cause I know it will be asked, reason I didn't have a better card put in when I ordered it was because I originally was planning on using it just for school and my pc for everything else. But my PC became too slow for my taste so I basically just use laptop nowadays for everything and I always play console games, wanted to give pc gaming a try. But might not happen, lol. I don't count FFXI as pc gaming.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Zigma gives me hope!
    lemmi take it away.

If your pc is old enough that it can't play the game. Then its old enough to say they dident have swappable v-cards then.
    If it's intel extreme blah blah then yes, he's fucked. I was just correcting seph.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

By advice as per always when it comes to laptops. Please use a PC unless there is some situation that only allows you to use a laptop. If you have both, more power to you, im always up for gaming/work in diffrent enviroments.

Laptops just seem to die so much quicker and theres very little customization that can be done with them. A lot of times theyre more expensive too

In a few years however it will become really easy to build your own laptops, you can atm, but the parts are scarce and expensive. When that day comes, I can see a lot of people taking up laptops over PCs, though >.> im sure some of the laptops people build will be more massive than alienwares. But maybe theyll be properly cooled *cough*