Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

JP Windower? (and Comcast bitch thread)

Anyone got a link to the JP windower that is legit and has the verified 3rd party plugins too?

The constant crashing & auto-translate bug from Azaril's windower is finally motiviating me to try something else out.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ive never had that bug nor crash.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Ive never had that bug nor crash.
    so?

You've never seen anyone complain that their autotranslated phrases are always the same Japanese phrase? While admittedly I haven't seen anyone mention it recently, it was pretty prevalent right after ToAU was released.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It still happens to me. Well, i think it's more noticeable when you try to 2box on one computer especially during beseiged. You can always count on someone crashing out of the game and taking their spot thanks to this lol.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    You've never seen anyone complain that their autotranslated phrases are always the same Japanese phrase? While admittedly I haven't seen anyone mention it recently, it was pretty prevalent right after ToAU was released.
    I don't even think that's a windower bug

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    then you fail?

It happens to me every time I use windower and something makes me D/C back to POL. If I log back in without completely restarting the windower my autotranslate will be that damn longass JP phrase. However, if I either just go back to the main FF screen (With choose char, create char, delete char) the bug won't happen, nor if I start a fresh new window by exiting POL completely.

I've actually been getting lots of POL crashes over the last few weeks. I thought it was this parser I'm writing, but now it's been happening even when I'm not using the parser. just out of nowhere it will crash and I have to restart the game. I don't know if it's an FFXI bug or a windower bug.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Is it wrong I think the OP just wants to use namechanger? :D

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen
    then you fail?

It happens to me every time I use windower and something makes me D/C back to POL. If I log back in without completely restarting the windower my autotranslate will be that damn longass JP phrase. However, if I either just go back to the main FF screen (With choose char, create char, delete char) the bug won't happen, nor if I start a fresh new window by exiting POL completely.
    ok? Sorry I've had PS2 friends that aren't even in endgame tell me they've seen it

I'm not syaing it ain't broke, azaril's windower is long overdue for fixes and they aren't coming. I have the jp windower program but can't get it to work as I suck at Kanji horribly and no one writes english guides for this shit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nah, I've got name changer.

I want to try the Japanese version of Windower, not the NA made one by Azaril. The crashes you are seeing regularly and the auto translator bug are both Windower bugs as discussed on the Windower forums. People that switched to JP Windower aren't having *any* of these issues, so its not a FFXI-TAU issue - its azaril's windower that he is refusing to make an update for while he works on his Mother 3 translation project. I don't have any problem with him spending time on another project, so I'll just switch to a different, more stable software option.

I'm just looking for a known "good" spot to download the JP Windower and any 3rd party plugins they have for it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd be interested for the same reasons. Far too many lag outs recently..and the auto translate bug just makes them extra annoying.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ive also been having this same problems coupled with one that hasnt been mentioned anywhere ive seen. when i come back from a DC without completely restarting, every now and then it will crash again when i try to check someone. weird bug and VERY irritating.

P.S. the random long JP phrase you see is something along the lines of "Dictionary files are not installed".

Maybe, maybe not. Everyone I've seen mention it had been running windower at the time.

I'm assuming based on the message that, no, it's not technically a windower bug, but some interaction between windower and FFXI triggers it.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    I've actually been getting lots of POL crashes over the last few weeks. I thought it was this parser I'm writing, but now it's been happening even when I'm not using the parser. just out of nowhere it will crash and I have to restart the game. I don't know if it's an FFXI bug or a windower bug.
    I've had that too, where it just completely crashes to desktop with no warning or bug report message. Happens a lot in lagtacular areas like Wajaom or Besieged.

And as far as I know I'm not working on a parser so it's probably Windower.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Priran. mitch hedberg rules. sucks that he died and shit =(

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I get the same translator problem and constant crashes also. Hopefully it'll be fixed sometime soon. :/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Eonar

http://mypage.iu.edu/~cdolle/crap/jpwindower.zip

Found the link from the windower death thread from a few months back. Clean file I'm pretty sure though you should double check just in case~

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I used to crash a lot using the new windower.

I updated my video card drivers and I haven't crashed since then.

This whole time I thought something was wrong with my PC. I've been getting disconnected a lot lately because Comcast is being retarded around here, and I always have to restart POL because if I just launch FFXI again from the D/C window my POL will just crash.