View Poll Results: Who will win the championship!?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mavs

42 39.25%
  • The Heat

44 41.12%
  • I dont watch sports.

21 19.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

NBA Finals

Who will win?

Mavs have too much speed on offense. Who will guard shaq? No one. They didn't really do much to slow down Tim Duncan either. I am not a Mav's fan but they have one hell of a team this year.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dont watch sports.

Fuck that shit, go heats

I do watch sports, but I won't watch the NBA Championships. I'm done watching basketball in March. Watching Hockey, Baseball and soon (ugh) Soccer.... I probably will watch maybe a few halves of the NBA champs...

Anyway, I say Dallas but in 6-7 games.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The heat have no answer for Mr. Dirk Nowitzki.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

wheres the "Basketball Sucks" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor
    wheres the "Basketball Sucks" option?
    Right here!

I love this game. Heat in 6.

Miami will trounce Dallas hardcore.

E. Body
    BG Level

I say Heat -- why?

Haslem / Antoine Walker can at least put up a hand against Nowitzki, who is unstoppable if he's on, but there is absolutely noone to guard Shaq on the opposing team. Matchup-wise, Posey causes a problem because he's going to get Josh Howard to be playing outside, and the biggest problem for the mavs is Dwayne Wayde, obviously.

Devin Harris / Jason Terry will be guarding him, and they're more accustomed to playing Nash who is a pass-first player, whereas Wade drives with so much more frequency. I'm guessing Wade and Shaq, if they play like they did against the Pistons, will get the mavs into foul trouble early and often. And if the Mavs try to put Josh Howard on Dwayne Wayde, then who's going to guard Haslem downlow, or Antoine Walker who's been shooting well.

The biggest team-factor is rebounding -- Haslem and Shaq (or Mourning) outrebounded Big Ben and the Pistons on a few of the games, and we all know Mavs don't have a great rebounding team.

I say Heat in 7

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think clippers win

in life

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Heat in 4.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I think the Clippers will win...oh wait they are already out

I really wanted them to win, I loves me some Sam Cassell.

I'm not really much of a basketball fan anymore, ever since we won those back to back championships and have been getting raped ever since. I am a huge football fan though, as well as baseball, but basketball just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i dont watch basketball but since i live in south FL im obligated to say the heat will win :D

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

GO HEAT! The fucking Mavs make me sick, they don't deserve to win. I predict that Shaq and Wade's refs will be better than Dirk's refs. Miami in 5.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Miami in 7 because I want it to be a good exciting finals that we haven't had since the jordan days.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    I think clippers win

in life
    You have the best sig, ever.

And to whoever said Heat in 4 -- I highly doubt the Mavs will get swept after going through Phoenix and San Antonio. Can't wait till tip off, game 1 is going to the Heat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Worldcup > Any dumb american rubbish

That is all :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/sigh I wanted the suns to win :/

I sorta want the mavs to win but I think the heat will...

You feed the big dog and he will serve you amirite? (lolshaq)

What part of H-Town you from Silverbreeze?

Haslem / Antoine Walker can at least put up a hand against Nowitzki, who is unstoppable if he's on, but there is absolutely noone to guard Shaq on the opposing team. Matchup-wise, Posey causes a problem because he's going to get Josh Howard to be playing outside, and the biggest problem for the mavs is Dwayne Wayde, obviously.
    Valid points, no one can handle Shaq, it will be those 2 bums Diop and Dampier fouling the crap out of him everytime he gets the ball. I don't like Dirk, but he offers a lot more versatility than shaq. He can take that nice fade away shot of his, a nice jump shot, hit a 3, or drive to the hoop. I like Posey ever since he played for Houston that one season, he plays hard and will cause problems on defense. Wade will be an issue but he's not the biggest problem, Shaq is.

Devin Harris / Jason Terry will be guarding him, and they're more accustomed to playing Nash who is a pass-first player, whereas Wade drives with so much more frequency. I'm guessing Wade and Shaq, if they play like they did against the Pistons, will get the mavs into foul trouble early and often. And if the Mavs try to put Josh Howard on Dwayne Wayde, then who's going to guard Haslem downlow, or Antoine Walker who's been shooting well.
    Accustomed to playing Nash? What about Tony Parker in 7 games vs. San Antonio? I believe he drives the ball inside better than Wade. They had a hard time stopping him, but they still won the series.

The biggest team-factor is rebounding -- Haslem and Shaq (or Mourning) outrebounded Big Ben and the Pistons on a few of the games, and we all know Mavs don't have a great rebounding team.
    I agree.

I say Heat in 7
    Mavs in 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast