Thread: Linkshell Community Beta     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Aladwar
    This looks awesome. It would seriously be nice if they could impliment some sort of PlayOnline Instant Message client, though. It wouldn't be that hard and could probably even allow you to chat on your linkshell channel out-of-game.

If it's just a forum, that's nothing that great. Also, would you really want a forum run by SquareEnix themselves?...
    Look at what WoW's forum does for the game. People can post bugs/complaints and sometimes they get *gasp* responses from live human beings. Granted we can do that with the GM Petition system sort of right now, but we all know how clueless the GMs are, but maybe they'll assign someone with a clue to moderate the "Official SE Forums". I know that is not what they're implementing, however, and that it is forums for linkshells.

DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD IN TO A WOW VS FFXI THREAD.

Banned.

BG Level

Doesn't SE have a JP boards? Doesn't matter either way, like anyone important would hear NA speak on forums. We are not even sure how valid the Suggestion box is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Budd Lite
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladwar
    This looks awesome. It would seriously be nice if they could impliment some sort of PlayOnline Instant Message client, though. It wouldn't be that hard and could probably even allow you to chat on your linkshell channel out-of-game.

If it's just a forum, that's nothing that great. Also, would you really want a forum run by SquareEnix themselves?...
    Look at what WoW's forum does for the game. People can post bugs/complaints and sometimes they get *gasp* responses from live human beings. Granted we can do that with the GM Petition system sort of right now, but we all know how clueless the GMs are, but maybe they'll assign someone with a clue to moderate the "Official SE Forums". I know that is not what they're implementing, however, and that it is forums for linkshells.

DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD IN TO A WOW VS FFXI THREAD.
    You mean like hiring people that actually play the fucking game and know whats up? That's too complicated for Square Enix.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

"Friends List Plus" allows you to message people ingame when youre not... via the POL messanger thingy...

I'm sure they could pull their heads out their arses and allow live linkshell messaging too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The character info sounds pretty cool. Im hoping it can be linked to another site so it can be added to the already existing FFXI LS sites, like the vana sigs

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds good to me, kind of out of the blue but hey a good thing is a good thing.

If this means they'll eventually implement meaningful linkshell management options, then its really good news, if it remains just a roster/basic board its still kinda cool. Hopefully the roster will be based on everyone that holds a pearl to your linkshell, not just characters with the pearl equipped at the time.. would be pretty retarded of them to do that, but its pretty retarded that a LS leader can't make sure someone who left their LS actually tossed their pearl, and that didn't exactly stop them before.

I thought the example post title in the picture was kinda funny, everybody loves a new way for people to beg for mission help

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Now if only SE would release their own Windower complete with Distance and Tparty, and include a Voice program along with this LS thing, then we would have a winner!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

LOL TOO BAD YOU STILL CAN FUCKING MISS WHAT SOMEONE TYPES WHEN YOU ZONE LOL

GG SE

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

The thing I want to know is, do we have to be connected to POL program on the PC to access this, or is it a seperate program?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hurray! If their message board feature is any good, we can shut down the BG forums!

Why is there a mob running towards me with torches and pitchforks?

Banned.

BG Level

Why is there a mob running towards me with torches and pitchforks?
    We don't take kindly to your folk round her', galka-lover.

PS. This looks awesome.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Sounds hot.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im sure they will be heavily modded forums.. worse then the bitches over at gamefags.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Im sure they will be heavily modded forums.. worse then the bitches over at gamefags.
    Think they can mod that much when there will be a forum for every linkshell?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin
    The thing I want to know is, do we have to be connected to POL program on the PC to access this, or is it a seperate program?
    Quote Originally Posted by SquareEnix
    Official Game Data

The character profiles displayed on the linkshell member lists will be directly connected to in-game data. Character information will be automatically updated at regular intervals, making it unnecessary for players to manually adjust their profiles. In addition to job levels and synthesis skills, other information such as current titles and mission ranks will also be displayed, allowing members to easily recruit for missions and plan events for their linkshell.

We will continue to add many more useful functions as the Linkshell Community evolves.

The Linkshell Community is an official SQUARE ENIX site;, however, please be cautious when registering your information on other FINAL FANTASY XI-related social networking sites. We hope this new service will help bring a new dimension to your life in Vana'diel!
    Going off what they've already said, it's going to be an out-of-game website.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Think they can mod that much when there will be a forum for every linkshell?
    They will use Cardians to do their bidding.

yOU★gOt★BaNnEd★FoR★saYiNG★dRg★SUckS!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not possible. You get modded for almost anything on gfaqs, being ontopic included too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I would think the linkshell leader would be admin of your linkshell's forums, and linkshell pearlsacks would have some kind of modding abilities.

The idea is cool, I like the idea of being able to live chat with LS members from school/work.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wonder if BGs "Linkshell Community" forums would be used at all.