Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moghancements     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Moghancements

I've done a good amount of reading up on these as I am getting closer to 100 on my clothcraft and was wondering what people's speculations are on Moghancements.

First I have a question to those who have the furniture GP item that gives you Moghancement: <insert craft here>. My question is, is it possible to have overwhelming presence of an element and still hold the guild Moghancement or would your Moghancement change over to that element? One speculation I have and though I cannot test this yet as I do not have the GP item is whether or not that the element Moghancement is active through the overwhelming presence of the element?

The second question also is about the GP item Moghancement. For that Moghancement to be active, does the GP item need to be the only piece of furniture layed out in your house?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

You can have one element overwhelming and not "overwhelm" the moghancement itself. If your GP item has a strength of 9, you can have as many items below nine (for mine, it's 7) and as long as they are the same item you will not receive the moghancement from that, just the element.

Second question is no, as long as you see "Moghancement:Clothcraft" in your Key Item list, you have +1 anywhere in Vana'diel, it definately doesn't need to be alone.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've had overwhelming ice and +1 leather key items for forever. One day I'll get enough motivation to actually remove all the rediculous furniture I have for overwhelming ice.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The only really hard test that I've seen with element strength and moghancement was back in the pre-arcade fishing experiments on LisaArndt. (I think its that site). Went back to the site for a quick scan but can't find the thread.

Someone tested the recast time @96 skill and adjusted his level skill to try to find out if there was any effect.

I think the old 100 fishing skill was 5 second recast.

So @96+4 no Moghancement = 5 second recast timer
    96+3+ Weak Moghancement = 5 Second recast timer
    96 +2 + Strong Moghancement = 6 Second recast timer
    96 +1 + Overwhelming = 6 Second Recast timer
    96 +3 + Strong Moghancment = 5 Second.

I'll keep trying to dig for more hard evidence but this is now impossible to test with the new update.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    The only really hard test that I've seen with element strength and moghancement was back in the pre-arcade fishing experiments on LisaArndt. (I think its that site). Went back to the site for a quick scan but can't find the thread.

Someone tested the recast time @96 skill and adjusted his level skill to try to find out if there was any effect.

I'll keep trying to dig for more hard evidence but this is now impossible to test with the new update.
    All the posts I read were that all the various levels gave a static 1 level. I dont know what youre talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

All the posts I read were that all the various levels gave a static 1 level. I dont know what youre talking about.
    That's what this test concludes, too.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

That's what this test concludes, too.
    Math is hard.

I want to make sure I am reading this correctly.

Say I want Goldsmithing enhancement and overwhelming fire element.

The (fool's gold) GS GP item's skill is light with a strength of 9.

If I load the MH with bookshelves (which is fire-8) then I will acheive my goal, correct?

If I put in a marble bed (which is fire-16) then it will take on the mog-enhancement of the bed because its 16 is greater than the GP item's 9.

What would happen if I put in bookselves and the San d'Orian flag (which is fire-9)? The flag is just as strong as the fool's gold but the flag's element (fire) matches the overall elemental strength. Would that be enough to make the flag's mog enhancement dominant or would the two items negate each other?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dietvanillapepsi
    I want to make sure I am reading this correctly.

Say I want Goldsmithing enhancement and overwhelming fire element.

The (fool's gold) GS GP item's skill is light with a strength of 9.

If I load the MH with bookshelves (which is fire-8) then I will acheive my goal, correct?

If I put in a marble bed (which is fire-16) then it will take on the mog-enhancement of the bed because its 16 is greater than the GP item's 9.

What would happen if I put in bookselves and the San d'Orian flag (which is fire-9)? The flag is just as strong as the fool's gold but the flag's element (fire) matches the overall elemental strength. Would that be enough to make the flag's mog enhancement dominant or would the two items negate each other?
    If you have two items of equal elemental strength of the same element, they will cancel each other out and the next most powerful item of that element will become dominant. For example, if I have my Cordon Bleu Set and Windurstian Flag up at the same time, I get Moghancement: Wind.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Semi Necro Bump but I found the thread I mentioned above.
    http://www.lisaarndt.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... g+hole+map

This is the only hard test that I've found on moghancements and the skill they provide.