Thread: Hi2u Trollbane     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Hi2u Trollbane

So I was casually parsing a party, and I go to look at my stats and notice that the other ninja has a 25 (TWENTY FIVE) percent crit rate. All sorts of alarms went off in my head, wtf, this can't be right etc...it was very early in the merit party. But 2hr 30min later, she's still at 24.7% crit rate.

We're in mamook right now doing puks/wyverns/mamools/crabs, my crit rate is 14% by comparison. I'm Senj/Fudo w/ +10 DEX (no haidate).

The other ninja is TPing in Nin Chainmail +1, Nin Gloves +1, Haidate, Senj/Unji, Turban, Brutal/Suppa, Swift Belt etc...

I will post the parse if anyone doubts/after the party ends.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Hi2u Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    So I was casually parsing a party, and I go to look at my stats and notice that the other ninja has a 25 (TWENTY FIVE) percent crit rate. All sorts of alarms went off in my head, wtf, this can't be right etc...it was very early in the merit party. But 2hr 30min later, she's still at 24.7% crit rate.

We're in mamook right now doing puks/wyverns/mamools/crabs, my crit rate is 14% by comparison. I'm Senj/Fudo w/ +10 DEX (no haidate).

The other ninja is TPing in Nin Chainmail +1, Nin Gloves +1, Haidate, Senj/Unji, Turban, Brutal/Suppa, Swift Belt etc...

Silly ninja could be getting like 26-27% crit rate with Fudo in offhand.

I thought Trollbane only worked in Halvung region though? I think I missed a few topics on it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora

I thought Trollbane only worked in Halvung region though? I think I missed a few topics on it.
    Trollbane works in Mamook, Arrapago Reef and Halvung.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I have full crit merits too btw, I would assume the other nin is fully merited.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by genome

Really? So what regions do Lamiabane and Mamoolbane work in, then?

I'm guessing the same

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

Really? So what regions do Lamiabane and Mamoolbane work in, then?
    The same 3 regions and nowhere else.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

24.something crit is fucking high. I was usually around 17% in old areas on +40dex.

Although I had some strange Party fight Wamouras and my critical shot up to 25% - they have to have some -AGI or Crit+ or something. (No Bane or crit Body)

Well... gogo myths about hidden crit+ on NIN chainmail+1!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I've parsed a 2 hour party with a nin that hit 26% crit rate. Not saved as it was a while ago but they were at around double my crit rate so I remembered it...

Old Merits
    BG Level

I thought +crit% on weapons only affected that weapon's swings. So fudo would be +1.5%...?
    Or is that what you were saying?

I apologize but what is Trollbane, Mamookbane, etc. I don't mean to sound noobish but I am just not familiar, thanks.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    I apologize but what is Trollbane, Mamookbane, etc. I don't mean to sound noobish but I am just not familiar, thanks.
    Chakrams you can get using IP once you achieve Superior Private mercenary rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath
    Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Chakrams you can get using IP once you achieve Superior Private mercenary rank.
    That is accmplished by winning all of the first level Assaults in each area right?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1st and 2nd level assaults, Superior Private is the 3rd rank.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ahh now I remember reading about that. Sucks that they don't work in Caederva or Bhaflau Thickets.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ahh now I remember reading about that. Sucks that they don't work in Caederva or Bhaflau Thickets.
    Indeed, Caederva is my favorite solo/duo xp spot

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Speaking of crazy NINs, am I just a noob for never having seen a Jin like this, or what?

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~birchc/ffxi/jin1605.jpg

This was from a NIN in a Thickets merit party I was in the other day. He also hit a 1575 one, and another 1500+ over the course of the party. Previous to this, I don't think I had ever seen a Jin get much higher than 1300 or so. He also had a really high critical hit rate, and was definitely the closest I've ever had a NIN parse to my MNK in a merit party. Didn't check his gear, but visually it looked about the same as what Dezzimal listed in his post.

Makes me kind of sad that a 3-hit WS can get so much higher than is even possible with my 8-hit one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos
    Speaking of crazy NINs, am I just a noob for never having seen a Jin like this, or what?

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~birchc/ffxi/jin1605.jpg

This was from a NIN in a Thickets merit party I was in the other day. He also hit a 1575 one, and another 1500+ over the course of the party. Previous to this, I don't think I had ever seen a Jin get much higher than 1300 or so. He also had a really high critical hit rate, and was definitely the closest I've ever had a NIN parse to my MNK in a merit party. Didn't check his gear, but visually it looked about the same as what Dezzimal listed in his post.

Makes me kind of sad that a 3-hit WS can get so much higher than is even possible with my 8-hit one.
    3 hit can double attack. 8 hit can't. 3 hit means the hits are powered up to do good damage. 8 hit means the hits are toned down to do balanced damage. Sorry dude, but 3-5 hit WSes are best.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

also it's a 4 hit (unless you singe weild) so it's 4-6

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    3 hit can double attack. 8 hit can't. 3 hit means the hits are powered up to do good damage. 8 hit means the hits are toned down to do balanced damage. Sorry dude, but 3-5 hit WSes are best.
    3-5 hit WS are capable of Double Attacking, Critting, etc, on stronger hits. They can also miss a stronger hit. They have higher damage potential, but that's just it. It's potential.

Asuran is consistant 1100ish damage. One miss during it won't matter as much as a missed hit from Rampage or Jin.