Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Besieged's Enemy generals.

Without a doubt, your server has a following of tards that like to call out the name of some cool-looking mob they found that, since Besieged is just like dynamis, is the MEGA BOSS that will force a retreat.

Of course, these people are stupid and completely fucking dumbasses who draw resources from protecting the general and leave people who'd help out of the zone, but is there something to the idea that Beastmen, like Al Zahbi, have Generals?

I've been watching certain mobs in the Undead Swarm attack for a while. I believe their Generals are larger, stronger versions of the Cantatrice, Shiranuhi, and Commandress.

http://f5.putfile.com/6/16018183755.jpg

For example, here is a normal Shiranuhi. They appear in the first wave and are the same size as a Large Elvaan model.

http://f5.putfile.com/6/16018240256.jpg

And here is what I believe to be a General Shiranuhi. Larger than a normal Shiranuhi, with insane defense and evasion. Perhaps further evidence is this:

http://f5.putfile.com/6/16018231433.jpg

When unaggroed, it does the /cheer emote from the opening CS.

My theory is that either the defeat of all the Beastman force's generals or the defeat of a majority of the invaders can cause a retreat.

Anything to this or am I banished to Zam?

I believe this to be a correct statement.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

if your hypothesis is proven true you have a chair ready for you in the Church of Yin.

I'm getting 404 errors in my brain trying to find information about Beastman Generals.

The trolls do have a "general", I'm going to horribly butcher the name here but its something like "Pehelzaroi" or something along those lines. Its a DRK type with a big GSW, its much larger than any other troll and it will do the /hurray remote randomly in zone and during the walk from Halvung through Wajaom.

If you watch the train coming through from Halvung (something I used to always do for the 1st couple weeks of Besieged) he'll be near the back of their force.

My guess regarding how a retreat is triggered is that each mob has a certain internal point value. Each mob killed reduces the overall force point value by that amount, and when losses reach a certain number, retreat is triggered. I came to this conclusion through my experience in troll besieged events. Very rarely will the trolls retreat before the general dies, but his death does not automatically trigger retreat. However, retreat tends to happen relatively quickly after the general dies, so it does seem like defeating him plays a role in speeding up the process.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    if your hypothesis is proven true you have a chair ready for you in the Church of Yin.
    I believe yin might soon be re-evaluating the pope
    http://www.sonomaa.com/images/img_0840.png

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    I believe yin might soon be re-evaluating the pope
    http://www.sonomaa.com/images/img_0840.png
    DRAMA

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Today I saw a troll that was larger than the rest wandering through the crowd and /cheering. I engaged and used auto-translate in /say to get others to join in the fight with me. Before the fight ended, we probably had about 60 people on the one troll, and his defense was insane. Definitely an enemy "general."

The interesting thing is, the second we killed him, besieged ended. Could be a coincedence, might not be. I'm going to go hunting for this mob next besieged and try to get a group on him again. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Here's a screenshot.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Sg ... eneral.jpg

Banned.

BG Level

My theory is that to get them to retreat you need to kill a number of trolls based on some kind of point system. I've notice this because several times, I've seen them retreat just as a troll(any troll dies), mind you that is not certain enough, because I don't always see a troll die when they do(I can't be everywhere at once). But this has brought the idea to me, maybe the Trol General gives more points than the others. Maybe certain type of trolls give more points. Maybe the amount of points needed to make them retreat is based on their level/points when invading.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

There are several mobs that are bigger than the rest and do /cheer emotes, not just 1. I saw a set of bombs last troll besieged I was in that was larger than the rest too. I hate people who seem to think 1 mob is gonna make them retreat. And then I laugh when they are wrong.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah I don't think it's a trigger mob per se, but the point system sounds intriguing. Playing with the idea is fun though. Wish there was a definitive way to figure out totals for what was getting killed and all that so it was easier to put together what was happening zone-wide.

rng widescan should yeild a relatively up to date battlefield status, should it not? take a tally of the mobs initially there, then the mobs left when the beastmen pull out. the difference is the beastmen killed in the course of the battle. perhaps a pattern could be extraced from that data.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

My theory is that I cure people to get 700 IS. I don't care what goes on during beseiged.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtpayne
    Today I saw a troll that was larger than the rest wandering through the crowd and /cheering. I engaged and used auto-translate in /say to get others to join in the fight with me. Before the fight ended, we probably had about 60 people on the one troll, and his defense was insane. Definitely an enemy "general."

The interesting thing is, the second we killed him, besieged ended. Could be a coincedence, might not be. I'm going to go hunting for this mob next besieged and try to get a group on him again. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Here's a screenshot.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Sg ... eneral.jpg
    Not a coincedence, our Beseiged ended the exact same way - the moment the boss got killed, and I wasnt in the same one as you.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    rng widescan should yeild a relatively up to date battlefield status, should it not? take a tally of the mobs initially there, then the mobs left when the beastmen pull out. the difference is the beastmen killed in the course of the battle. perhaps a pattern could be extraced from that data.
    initial mobs on ranger widescan is two and a half pages for me, not sure what the exact count is, I know they come in waves, so it simply depends on how many waves happen
    I believe it keeps a certain number of mobs for a length of time by adding waves, usually you get about 4-6 waves of mobs then the "boss" shows

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    My theory is that I cure people to get 700 IS. I don't care what goes on during beseiged.
    XXX/WHM ftw.