Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Gear     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Storm Gear

Was it really necessary for SE to make it so rare? I've done probably 30 assaults by now and have gotten ??? box all but 4 times, when i got ??? bows and ??? footwear from lamia 13. Best piece of anything I've had appraised is a crossbow +1.....

I've never seen anyone with storm gear and the expansion has been out for 2 months.

Vobent

I like waffles

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

One got the hand first week in my ls. Havent heard anything good drop from them since then.

I heard baseless rumor about Nashlau giving better appraisal, mayeb I should try out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I've gotten Storm Gambieras and Imperial Bow so far. Everything else has been complete trash, not even an item worth a bit of gil (Archers Ring, Heims Earring etc.). The Storm items are pretty good and assaults are easy and swift. I think the rarity is justified.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

i've seen a guy with storm manopaloas

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Assault is already fun enough. It's short, very quick, fairly easy, doesn't require many people, has set rewards that are even for all. The ??? item appraisal is just icing on the cake. It's not needed and while it can suck to not get a 4mil item, it doesn't bother me much.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

We got Storm Manopolas and Storm Earring from our Assaults

I have the Storm Manopolas kinda good for NIN ^_^

PS: every others things from Assault was crap

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Best thing I have ever seen from an appraisal was a Wild Onion.

Personally, I think you should only get ??? items if you are going to get something good. If the item is going to be crap, then it should just not drop and waste our time.

Banned.

BG Level

The ??? box from Finding Faults got me a Troll Bronze Ingot(from Nashmau NPC). That sells for 30k.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

got storm gages from lamia 13
    4 heims earrings too

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've gotten...storm zuchetto from one of the areas we did for the mission, and a storm muffer.

1hp/tick regen LAWL.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I often think the ??? items are added mostly for comical value. Usually you appraise and everyone in party just has a couple laughs at how worthless the items are. I usually like to wait to appraise until the end of a series of multiple assault runs, and sometimes you get cool 'sets', for example i got a yew fishing pole, a rusty bucket, a little worm, and distilled water from items from 4 runs in a row.

One thing that I am surprised people are not doing is selling the unappraised items... I didn't check if they are AHable, but they are definitely tradeable, not ex and not rare. Especially the ??? items you get by yourself (e.g., from the finding faults quest) seems like something you could sell for a decent amount and people would buy lots for the small chance one might not be a dud... People sorta do that for fish in the fishing quest. I guess that shows people still don't mind using them up instead for the minuscle chance at a cool new item

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    One thing that I am surprised people are not doing is selling the unappraised items... I didn't check if they are AHable, but they are definitely tradeable, not ex and not rare. Especially the ??? items you get by yourself (e.g., from the finding faults quest) seems like something you could sell for a decent amount and people would buy lots for the small chance one might not be a dud... People sorta do that for fish in the fishing quest. I guess that shows people still don't mind using them up instead for the minuscle chance at a cool new item
    Doesn't surprize me. Your chance of getting something good is very low. All I ever got was exceptionally shitty.

I would seriously like that storm loop earring.

Best thing we ever got was an imperial tea leaf on the 3rd day of expansion, sold for 40k. Other than that, I've gotten a bunch of copper/brass rings that I desynth.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Seen Storm Loop twice while plowing through excavation duty over and over for AP to get my Chivalrous Chain. Lost lot on the first and was pissed because I figured I'd never see it again. About 3 days later, another dropped, and I won it.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6...ormloop2sf.jpg

Would be nice if it the two stats stacked (they don't) but it's a nice +atk earring for my nin anyway, since I'm not active enough in limbus to have my Brutal yet.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So far i've only seen one Storm Hands on Valefor in the hands of a JP.

I saw a Heim's the other day from Golden Salvage when i was pt with fren but I didn't do that run