+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pahluwan Khazagand     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pahluwan Khazagand

I've been waiting to see a topic with concrete figures about the critical hit rate on this body, but nothing has popped up D: Did I miss the derail of another thread, or has this info not been posted yet?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Pahluwan Khazagand

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    I've been waiting to see a topic with concrete figures about the critical hit rate on this body, but nothing has popped up D: Did I miss the derail of another thread, or has this info not been posted yet?
    Not really posted yet. I'm currently working towards it thought and should have it by tomorrow after an Assault, I think. When I get it, I plan on doing several merit parties (as I still need MNK and NIN merits) both on MNK and NIN to compare crit rate to both Kirin's Osode and Shura Togi/Koga Chainmail. I may even solo Puks as NIN/PLD(quite resourceful with Auto-Refresh) for some tests.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've heard roughly 2-3% I think. Epigram posted some parser results somewhere on here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I've heard roughly 2-3% I think. Epigram posted some parser results somewhere on here.
    :O? I missed something! >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... &start=135

It's the "Assault - Confirm Rank-Up Requirements?" thread around page 10.

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Not really posted yet. I'm currently working towards it thought and should have it by tomorrow after an Assault, I think. When I get it, I plan on doing several merit parties (as I still need MNK and NIN merits) both on MNK and NIN to compare crit rate to both Kirin's Osode and Shura Togi/Koga Chainmail. I may even solo Puks as NIN/PLD(quite resourceful with Auto-Refresh) for some tests.
    Nin can't wear it, I checked that today because I was thinking it would be so good for Nin obviously

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Nin can't wear it, I checked that today because I was thinking it would be so good for Nin obviously
    Do your research.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pahluwan Khazagand
    Level: 72
    Slot: Body
    Type: Armor: Leather
    Jobs: BST COR DRG MNK NIN PUP RDM RNG THF

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Pahluwan Khazagand
    Level: 72
    Slot: Body
    Type: Armor: Leather
    Jobs: BST COR DRG MNK NIN PUP RDM RNG THF
    Hrmm, I apologize, I checked Wiki and somepage and I thought it said Nin could not wear it, I stand corrected, ty.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Anyway.. back to the topic at hand. Epigram's sample size was *very very* small for a critical hit rate test.

You need about an hour of hitting stuff constantly to test it I think. The sample size should be in the vicinity of over 2000 per body piece.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm going to take a moment and jack this thread in the name of Amir Korazin.

At the moment, this piece seems very unappealing. I use Hauberk for my WAR already, and this doesn't seem to come close.

For reference:

Amir Korazin
    DEF: 44
    Attack +12
    Evasion +12
    Enhances 'Zanshin' Effect

Hauberk
    DEF: 47
    Strength +5
    Dexterity +5
    Accuracy +10
    Attack +10
    Evasion -10

Add some STR and DEX and a little more DEF to the Amir Korazin and we might be talking.

However, I am curious as to the Zanshin rate. Has anyone tested this? Is it enough to at least overcome the lack of Acc+10 (i.e. Zanshin kicks in enough on missed attacks to parse at least the same accuracy as if it had Acc+10 instead)

Also, how many times per attack round can Zanshin kick in? If I attack 4 times in one round as WAR/NIN due to double attack on both hands, and miss all 4 swings, could Zanshin kick in on each one giving me a potential of 8 swings? (for a potential of 4 misses and 4 hits in a single attack round, if double attack and zanshin kicked in every time).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Go go Wizerd, please do the tests I have been too lazy to do them myself so far.
    If you can, also try to stack and unstack trollbane if your merit party is in some place like mamook (e.g., do the effects stack? which is higher? etc).
    Also if you do NIN/PLD try on farming level mobs too maybe, it's possible that some of these effects are different or more easily noticeable on different mob levels and it would be good to have some data on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I'm going to take a moment and jack this thread in the name of Amir Korazin.

At the moment, this piece seems very unappealing. I use Hauberk for my WAR already, and this doesn't seem to come close.

For reference:

Amir Korazin
    DEF: 44
    Attack +12
    Evasion +12
    Enhances 'Zanshin' Effect

Hauberk
    DEF: 47
    Strength +5
    Dexterity +5
    Accuracy +10
    Attack +10
    Evasion -10

Add some STR and DEX and a little more DEF to the Amir Korazin and we might be talking.

However, I am curious as to the Zanshin rate. Has anyone tested this? Is it enough to at least overcome the lack of Acc+10 (i.e. Zanshin kicks in enough on missed attacks to parse at least the same accuracy as if it had Acc+10 instead)

Also, how many times per attack round can Zanshin kick in? If I attack 4 times in one round as WAR/NIN due to double attack on both hands, and miss all 4 swings, could Zanshin kick in on each one giving me a potential of 8 swings? (for a potential of 4 misses and 4 hits in a single attack round, if double attack and zanshin kicked in every time).
    No, Zanshin sucks, stick with hauberk.

Zanshin is a stupid way to attempt to make up 10acc, cause, if you had 10 acc you might not have missed that attack that you had Zanshin'd (and unless Zanshin is 100% hit you'll miss that attack too)

Stick with Haub unless you wanna get it just to look pretty (it does look very pretty).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

some of you guys expect a lot from assault gear that's easy to get and costs almost nothing in terms of gil. if you think the assault gear isn't better than the gear you already have, which most of it isn't, don't bother getting them. a few pieces are slightly decent or for situational purposes but i'm just getting the full set for looks. ;/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

~700 punches with Pahwhatever and ~700 punches with Scorpion Harness at level 73 Monk against Sea Puks (FFrep filters by mob) revealed an astonishing 0.06% difference in crit rate for me.

But Pahwhatever Khasomething was higher!!!!111 LOLZ

Banned.

BG Level

I'm not one to talk, but I think the reasons against Zashin are pretty bad. However, if the Zashin procs like never, I can see it being bad.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I liked the way Xavier defined Zanshin.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Awesome, but you need the lifebeltgloves too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast