Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Raising Q&A     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chocobo Raising Q&A

While visiting my favorite RMT website (Zam) this morning, I saw this announcement. It appears to not have a counterpart on the playonline website, which I find odd. Nonetheless, here it is:

Q & A on Chocobo Raising

Greetings to the readers of Allakhazam from the FINAL FANTASY XI team! We would like to thank everyone for their comments regarding the recent announcement outlining the soon-to-be introduced system for raising chocobos.

We are sure that many of you are wondering just what this new system will entail. The development team would like to take this opportunity to answer some of your questions and give a clearer picture of what's in store.

The Q&A section has been organized in the following manner:

-Questions common to all the premiere sites in Japan, North America, and Europe.

-Questions specific to the premiere sites of each region mentioned above.

Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3

Questions common to all regions:

Q. How do you go about obtaining a chocobo egg?

A. We plan on having several different methods for obtaining eggs. Please be assured that these methods will not require you to form an alliance or anything of that scale; however, there will be varying degrees of difficulty.

Q. Will it be necessary to log in every day in order to take care of my chocobo? Or will it resemble the Fellow system in flexibility?

A. Logging in every day would certainly strengthen the bonds between you and your chocobo. However, as the chocobo raising system will involve the cooperation of each nation's chocobo stable employees, your chocobo will receive the basic level of care even if you are too busy to tend to it yourself. We suggest checking in on your chocobo at least once a week.

Q. Will there be chocobos of different colors? Will a chocobo's color change as it gets older?

A. We're still keeping the exact colors a secret, but we will tell you that there is definitely more than one color. The color of a chocobo will not change once it has been decided.

Q. What kind of things will I have to do to raise my chocobo?

A. A more detailed explanation will be given at a later date, but raising a chocobo will involve actions such as feeding and other simple tasks.

Questions from Japan:

Q. Will there be any prerequisites for raising a chocobo? Will high-level players have an advantage over low-level players?

A. Anyone with an egg can begin raising a chocobo, although special, difficult-to-obtain eggs will naturally be more accessible to high-level players. Chocobo matchmaking will give low-level players the chance to obtain eggs of the same level of rarity.

Q. Can my chocobo die?

A. No, your chocobo cannot die. However, there is a limit to the length of time a chocobo can be under your care.

Questions from North America:

Q. After matching two chocobos, to whom will the resulting egg belong?

A. Both chocobo owners should find themselves pleased with the matchmaking results.

Q. Will it be possible for me to make up a name for my chocobo?

A. We considered this possibility, but due to various factors, the chocobo naming system will be similar to the wyvern and automaton name selection process.

Questions from Europe:

Q. Will I need a special item like an incubator to hatch my egg?

A. Besides the egg itself, no special items will be required.

Q. Will chocobos be able to learn new abilities?

A. That information will be revealed at a later date.

We plan to continue providing answers to the most common questions, so please keep up the exchange of ideas and opinions!

Also, don't forget to check the Topics page on the official FINAL FANTASY XI homepage for upcoming pieces on chocobo racing and other chocobo-related news!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Q: Can I ride my own chocobo?

A: LOL no, what do you think this is, WoW?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Q. Can my chocobo die?

A. No, your chocobo cannot die. However, there is a limit to the length of time a chocobo can be under your care.
    sigh what the hell - if you're gonna let us raise chocobos, let us ride them pick stupid names and keep them till we dont care anymore.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Q: Can I ride my own chocobo?

A: LOL no, what do you think this is, WoW?

It's the only thing I wanted to know. Can you ride your own chocobo, and can you call it from anywhere? Yet, they manage to ask 20 questions about useless technical detail.

lol if you can't ride your own chocobo, what the fuck is the point of chocobo raising? I think it's kind of just a given that you can ride it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    lol if you can't ride your own chocobo, what the fuck is the point of chocobo raising? I think it's kind of just a given that you can ride it.
    For chocobo circuit in 4 months?
    It's true it's safe to assume we will be able to ride them but if you can't do it from anywhere, what's the point?

Banned.

BG Level

That's been answered already. They said not yet, but they would add it if enough people asked(and no, not call it from anywhere, this isn't WoW). I love how people love to call things stupid while looking stupid in the process.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Obtained : Suppanomimi Egg

Something tells me Kaylia's going to be disappointed. Yeah, I figure we'll be able to ride it (notice the Chocobo stables that are not open yet in Al Zhabi), but call it from no where? Nope. Not gonna happen, and honestly it's no big deal for me. The only thing I wish they'd add (still) chocobo stables in Mhaura and Selbina.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Herald's Egg > Suppa Egg

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziel
    Something tells me Kaylia's going to be disappointed. Yeah, I figure we'll be able to ride it (notice the Chocobo stables that are not open yet in Al Zhabi), but call it from no where? Nope. Not gonna happen, and honestly it's no big deal for me. The only thing I wish they'd add (still) chocobo stables in Mhaura and Selbina.
    Nah, I don't get disapointed by addition like this. I do get annoyed however when they spend time making addition that arent used at their full potential and get put aside after 2 weeks

Being able to use the stable in Whitegate will be nice. Those map are f'ing big, and it's anoying to walk around. However, they will need to give us a reason to go walk there other than fight marid at 30sec from the gate of the city.

About calling your chocobo from anywhere, I really don't see why it would cause a problem. It would be a 24 hours recharge item or something and could be really useful

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

However, there is a limit to the length of time a chocobo can be under your care.
    I like how SE turns good things in to bad.

Dev1 "What can we do to piss of the players AND drain gil from the economy"
    Dev2 "uh.. pretty colored chocobos?"
    Dev1 "BRILLIANT! we can have them raise their own chocobo, spending countless hours of work and gil for TWO weeks! Then, just when the chocobos reach their prime, they will be set free, and the play will have to start all over again!
    Dev2 "we get to keep the gil, right, george?"
    Dev1 "Yes Lenny.. Oh! and on top of that, we wont let the players ride their chocobos anywhere else but the very expensive chocobo circuit! Mmm yes.. it's all comming together.. I cant wait to implement the rarest of all eggs that the player will have to spend endless nights and gil to achieve.. its so beautiful.."
    Dev2 *hugs plushy* "I love you squishy mc squishy"
    Dev1 "Is it just me or our hiring standards fallen"
    Dev2 "mmm boogers"

Uh, im bored.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I would be happy even being able to ride it from just stables or even just 1 stable, but i fear they might just be used for racing only..

I wonder if by "under your care" they mean the length of time you have to influence the Chocobo's development. As in, it's only a baby for so long, then it becomes an adult and all of its "stats" are set and cannot be changed. Then you get what you get. There's probably an option to set it free if you want to raise another.
    That would make more sense than have it run off on you after spending 2 months raising it. >< But SE has been known to not make sense in the past...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Who really cares about Chocobos. Warp Taru, Teleports, OP Warps...Chocobo are ghetto transportation onry.

How about SE lets us use our NPCs in the expansion areas? Using the bond engine they developed with NPCs to strengthen your chicken familiarity is gay. Being able to use those level 65 NPCs we worked hard on in ToAU areas is worlds cooler.

Go get your beastiality fix somewhere else, I want out NPCs back damnit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, having the chocobo for a limited time is not a bad thing. This will allow you to get rarer eggs through mating and such so you can get stronger chocobos down the line.

And I do agree TsingTao, I really miss Zoldof. I was helping people get coffer keys and I brought Zoldof along, I really hope that they have not abandoned Fellows and have something planned. Would an ENM and an assault be too much to ask for?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Actually, having the chocobo for a limited time is not a bad thing. This will allow you to get rarer eggs through mating and such so you can get stronger chocobos down the line.

And I do agree TsingTao, I really miss Zoldof. I was helping people get coffer keys and I brought Zoldof along, I really hope that they have not abandoned Fellows and have something planned. Would an ENM and an assault be too much to ask for?
    Is it possible they just wanted expansion content to be more "durable" for now. There is a lot of stuff I could have soloed easily with my npc, and getting to mamool ja with chocobo would be much quicker and easy.

I think they will add those eventually. They are just waitting for us to get used to those map or something.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    redemption for all those who chose an earring other than supp?!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Nah, it's just a chocobo with 2 suppanonimi equiped to make fun of people who took abyssal.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Nah, it's just a chocobo with 2 suppanonimi equiped to make fun of people who took abyssal.
    What if were BLM