Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ouryu Cometh     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ouryu Cometh

My LS is looking to attempt this BC for the first time soonish, not sure when, but I've got a few questions. I tried using search, but couldn't find any of the information I was looking for.

1. How is BLM damage on Ouryu? I was under the assumption he took half magic damage like the rest of the Wyrms, but someone in my LS who hasn't done the fight thinks they take normal damage.

I thought BLMs were there for add control, sleeping the elementals and killing them when they started to resist.

2. Is Charm sucess rate based on the level of your bst? I read on alla quite a while ago that it was, but that's alla so I'm not sure how trustworthy that information is.

That's it, everything else was answered for me in the posts that i found searching.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Magic damage is nerfed on Ouryu just like it is on the other three CoP wyrms. His HP is so low though, that its still decent damage on a magicburst. Summoners are still the best damage.

BLMs are mostly sleep-nuke add control. Save ES Sleep 2 for Ouryu on a particulary bad Breakga or Terrorga.

I did 500ish nukes in my too weak elemental magic gear when i tried it. Worked best nuking when he flew, when he was on the ground i was doing 50ish....

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Magic damage is nerfed on Ouryu just like it is on the other three CoP wyrms. His HP is so low though, that its still decent damage on a magicburst. Summoners are still the best damage.

BLMs are mostly sleep-nuke add control. Save ES Sleep 2 for Ouryu on a particulary bad Breakga or Terrorga.

you craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

blm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> smn in this BC.

i'll send you a PM starblaster.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

He doesn't build up sleep resistance, so the way to do it if you're pro is sleep on the ground, then nuke the fuck out of it in the air.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    He doesn't build up sleep resistance, so the way to do it if you're pro is sleep on the ground, then nuke the fuck out of it in the air.

bingo.

25-30min ouryu.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yes, your charm success rate is based on the level of your BST. If your BST is under 70, I wouldn't even bother subbing it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

bingo.

25-30min ouryu.
    About how many BLMs does this take, though? And how do you handle the wandering elementals?

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron

bingo.

25-30min ouryu.
    About how many BLMs does this take, though? And how do you handle the wandering elementals?
    Sleep bolts? Kiting?

<edit> maybe have a use for thieves? >,>

Thanks for the PM Zigma, and all the quick responces, from what people say he doesn't seem all too difficult. Hopefully we can pull this off first or second try, I enm all the time and have yet to see an evoker drop.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlesoup
    Yes, your charm success rate is based on the level of your BST. If your BST is under 70, I wouldn't even bother subbing it.
    Actually we had a BRD/BST helping with Charm, and he didn't get resisted once.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janeru
    I am probably reading this wrong, or missed something on another page!

But when subbing BST, the success of Charm depends upon the level of BST as a Main job?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut

But when subbing BST, the success of Charm depends upon the level of BST as a Main job?
    yes

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My BST is lvl 68, as a 75BLM/37BST (as I do alot) my charm success is based on the lvl 68 BST, not 37. Plus having 61+67 CHR helps.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

My BST is lvl 68, as a 75BLM/37BST (as I do alot) my charm success is based on the lvl 68 BST, not 37. Plus having 61+67 CHR helps.
    That's pretty neat/odd, Don't know what else to say except that I learned something new.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron

bingo.

25-30min ouryu.

sleep them if they aggro and kill them by casting a spell when ouryu is on the ground. Very simple and easy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

People seem to prefer damage in the air and a sleeping Ouryu on the ground. -_- I guess this is like the one fight in which I don't prefer the manaburn, probably because we don't often have more than probably 4 BLMs on at the same time to do this, so it's not really an option. (If you have the BLMs, by all means go for it, probably much easier) We fight him pretty Tiamat-ish I guess, standard flying wyrm junk, except with Ouryu, you can take him down from the air with mistmelts; use them right after he flies. Our fight is probably the exact opposite as most as Ouryu is almost never in the air. THF/SAM is the best, SAM/THF isn't bad either, just slightly slower in TP, but with more damaging WSs. With Sleep Bolt spam on the worms and meditate, THF/SAM gets TP retarded quickly, often able to do two SCs each landing on Ouryu. We have one RDM and a couple BLMs on elementals when they aggro, sleep them till they build too much resistance, kill and repeat. Our fastest fight was fight at 30min, but that was the only time we got 3 THF/SAM in there at once. 4-way SC, a SAM with the thieves, it died so quickly.

Ouryu can't Spike Flail, Horrid Roar, Geotic Breath, or Absolute Terror (aoe from him) while in the air, which is probably why people don't like the fighting him on the ground. You lose all those annoying WSs and only gain the Ocher Blast. But with that much hate control and TA, none are really an issue. Just be sure that after Terrorize, people who weren't hit by it and everyone with any form of cure concentrates on keeping tanks up till terrorize wears off main healer(s).

As for tanks, no preference. We've done it with 2 PLDs, or PLD+NIN, or 2 NINs, none having a real huge difference one way or another. He hits quickly, unslow-able, but weak; so you have to live on paralyze instead of slow. We don't need to sleep for MP with Gjallarhorn, but most LSs might need an MP break part-way through. Don't be afraid to wipe; give it a shot, always the best way to learn. Like most fights, we lost our first try and have only made it easier with time.

I lol'ed hard at that. Sound like you'd love it here @ Siren.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

lol since when did capped SJ skills spill over that cap. next people are going to start saying they swear they DA more on nin/war after having war cap DA merits

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

lol since when did capped SJ skills spill over that cap. next people are going to start saying they swear they DA more on nin/war after having war cap DA merits
    It doesn't have anything to do with capped SJ skills. It's merely a quirk of the Charm JA. It looks at your BST level for success/failure....it just happens to always look at your maximum (as opposed to subbed) BST level.

Being able to add a fuckton of +CHR since he's a BRD obviously helps too.

If you check the BST forums, even on lolAllah, this is old news.