Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dynamis Lord - Chainspell Rotation Times?

I'm curious as to the delay that other LS' use between chainspell stunners, assuming you use these, on Dynamis Lord.

Currently I have those on our runs pair up into teams of 2, and each team delays 25 seconds before going, so Team1 @ 0, Team2 @ 25, Team3 @50, etc.

I understand chainspell lasts longer than this and I thought I remember reading about the wait time between groups somewhere, but can't recall exactly where.

My question likely boils down more to how long a Rdm can reliably keep stunning before they are low on MP and need the next team to take over.

Our record on DL is fine, 7/9, but I'm always interested in finding ways to make a run go smoothly.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Typically 4 teams, 2 in each team, and our LS leader (also a rdm/drk) sets the order and alerts the other teams when to start, you want no delay between them, you want it to be fluid and consistent, the fight is already 80% luck based, so you dont want him to get off any of his nasty AOE's.

Chainspell lasts 60 seconds (despite 95% of my dynamis linkshell telling me differently), but I've found that people have no concept of time to the point that some of them even think when I say "wait 45 seconds" they think I mean 45 Vana minutes on that little clock below the radar on the bottem left of the screen.

If 25 seconds in pairs is working for you, stick with it. Seriously. It can only get worse. With that quick of a rotation it's not a big deal if someone dies or falls asleep on the job. It's just critical your initial stunners jump in very quickly or you can get fucked by an opening Slowga or Petrifyga.

BTW, what do people do about Ying/Yang respawn? I've been having the last 2 people in the chain stun them sometimes which seems to work, if they can get the targetted quickly.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It's actually very Easy for your BLM's to ES + Thundaga3 the dragons (don't target DL on this), with 10+ BLM's it should be no problem 1 shotting them this way.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

60 seconds

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

BTW, what do people do about Ying/Yang respawn? I've been having the last 2 people in the chain stun them sometimes which seems to work, if they can get the targetted quickly.
    We usually had someone aggro and trian them away as soon they pop. They usually dont link back with DL when its done corectly.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    We usually had someone aggro and trian them away as soon they pop. They usually dont link back with DL when its done corectly.
    All of our attempts with this have failed, we have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that hate is shared among DL + his pets.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'd use 50 seconds as the wait time.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Make sure your RDMs dont count in Canadian seconds.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I spit Mountain Dew on my monitor. ^-')b

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    All of our attempts with this have failed, we have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that hate is shared among DL + his pets.

They do share hate. However, if you aggro them before they get to Dynamis lord the first time, they will just path back to where they popped and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I lol'd

our last 2 DL.. he died before the first CS stun finished 33 people on one of them
    i dont recommend doubling up cause both RDM might make it no effect and give him more chance to actually WS
    as for when the next RDM should go we have the RDM going count and say @10sec when hes ending and the next one starts

Yeah I use a 20 second wait and then a 10 second warning. Then the next person should be going by about 30ish seconds. I also dont recommend doubling up RDM's. We've had some bad luck that way.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

4 DL victories doing it this way post RNG nerf, and still only NA shell on Siren to beat DL post RNG nerf, so we'll be sticking with it.

Linkshell Warning @30, Linkshell "Go <name>" @45.

The fight is so quick you can do it with 2, easily.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav
    our last 2 DL.. he died before the first CS stun finished 33 people on one of them
    i dont recommend doubling up cause both RDM might make it no effect and give him more chance to actually WS
    as for when the next RDM should go we have the RDM going count and say @10sec when hes ending and the next one starts
    deserves bolding, underlining, and shouting from rooftops...

overlapping stuns is never a good idea,on any mob

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

Sorry for being stupid, but if you get 2 "no effect", explain me how 1 wouldnt get the "no effect" message on his 2nd stun.

doesn't matter if you have 2 rdms or 10rdms if you all get "no effect" at the same time you're screwed.

Fact is, you're most likely to have the other rdm being able to stun if you get no effect, 2 is safer most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

Sorry for being stupid, but if you get 2 "no effect", explain me how 1 wouldnt get the "no effect" message on his 2nd stun.
    2 RDMS can be going at different speeds..

one does stun
    next one has no effect then he hits stun fast again before the first one then the first one gets no effect too

we have 12 DL victories and the only wipes we have ever had were when we had extra RDM and decided to double up

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Another way to explain it is that there is a very short period after a mob has been stunned with "no effect" that it apparently cannot be stunned again (you will get no effect message again)

Example is on Tiamat, I've been stunner and had a BLM random stun just a split-second before she casts Firaga3. At this point she's casting and I go to stun, however I get "no effect" even though she's obviously casting.

The DL win where I got to lead the stun team, I solo stunned the first 50 seconds and he didn't get off one JA or spell...any RDM with any intelligence should be able to do the same (hint, it's not about mashing enter as fast as you can). Go practice on lightning elementals to get good at the timing (since the land duration will be similar to DL's lol) and learn the timing for yourself.