Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    everyone's gonna quit both games for phantasy star universe anyway
    PSU is looking like ass

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    It looks like it's just a bunch of instances :/ But the battle system seems kinda fun, it's really free it seems.
    Except when you look in the bottom right of the screen you see theres only two buttons to push with a bunch of hotkeys linking to them Itll be a fun sidetrack I think, but nobody is going to leave their main game for it for very long. There just doesnt look like theres all that much to it.
    PSU is going to be the best fucking game ever and only a pokemon mmorpg would trump it

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My point about FFXI having no "endgame" still stands btw.

3 kings sky ceberus sea AV is really all the "endgame" content FFXI has.

Leveling another job isn't endgame, getting merits to beat "endgame" mobs might be endgame with a huge stretch. Crafting isn't "endgame".

If you like having a goal to work for once your max level then WoW is better suited towards those people. If you like to look cool in town then play FFXI.
    most distant post on the wow boards from page 1:
    Character copy
    1 Ptolemy 333 Sun May 28, 2006 12:53 am
    Hanshin

same thing but ffxi boards:
    Besieged + Maintence = . . .
    [ Goto page: 1, 2 ] 20 ChooChooTrain 2192 Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:42 pm
    genome

But I guess that's because WoW's so exciting and fun-filled that theres nothing to talk about. And because the WoW servers are always up, people don't have time to talk on stupid message boards.
    right?

WoW's endgame is so fucking huge that people max out on shit in WoW within 3 months, then get bored and go back to FFXI.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

[quote=Kuai][quote=Celeras][quote=Maguspk]
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi":8cdf1]everyone's gonna quit both games for phantasy star universe anyway[/quote][/quote]

PSU is looking like ass

[url="http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/
    http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/[/url]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    It looks like it's just a bunch of instances :/ But the battle system seems kinda fun, it's really free it seems.
    Except when you look in the bottom right of the screen you see theres only two buttons to push with a bunch of hotkeys linking to them Itll be a fun sidetrack I think, but nobody is going to leave their main game for it for very long. There just doesnt look like theres all that much to it.
    PSU is going to be the best fucking game ever and only a pokemon mmorpg would trump it[/quote:8cdf1]

I've been saying this for years, they need a freaking Pokemon MMO, how sweet would it be to like catch pokemon and shit and battle others. That'd make so much money, I'm sorry it would.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I've been saying this for years, they need a freaking Pokemon MMO, how sweet would it be to like catch pokemon and shit and battle others. That'd make so much money, I'm sorry it would.
    I'd play it.

PSU is going to be the best fucking game ever and only a pokemon mmorpg would trump it
    I agree.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius*
    you're going to get bored of any game fairly quickly if you don't like the people you're playing with. i will spend hours and days of my time to get people in my LS an item they want. They're just that fucking cool.
    little late on my part, but this is the correct answer.

Banned.

BG Level

I've been thinking about this since before FFXI. Fuck, yes. I would never let anyone know I play however.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

My point about FFXI having no "endgame" still stands btw.

3 kings sky ceberus sea AV is really all the "endgame" content FFXI has.

Leveling another job isn't endgame, getting merits to beat "endgame" mobs might be endgame with a huge stretch. Crafting isn't "endgame".

If you like having a goal to work for once your max level then WoW is better suited towards those people. If you like to look cool in town then play FFXI.

Crafting is absolutely "endgame" in FFXI, much moreso than WoW's crafting system, which isn't really crafting at all. Its just grinding instances till you get recipe drops. Call me crazy but I enjoy how much FFXI revolves around capital. FFXI has Dynamis, Limbus, 3kings, Sky, Lumoria, tiamat, jorm, vrtra, Bahamut1/2, CoP/RoZ final mission BCNMs were not easy at all, a bunch of other lesser NMs like Charybdis, LoOnz, With the addition of ToAU we have Assault, Walahra Turban

WoW's solution to everything seems to be "lets make an instance". Instances are good for the most part, but they follow the same formula as everything before them. Kill boss X who does special move Y at 40% health and then special move Z at 10% health. Stand here, don't get aggro, run away when you see Q starting to happen, don't get knocked in to the whelps. Once boss X is dead kill trash till you get to boss J.

The only thing I liked about WoW when I played was the PvP system, and even that seems to be a grind/horribly imbalanced at endgame. In the lower brackets you've got twinks (people incredibly over-geared for their level so they can one-hit you in your normal leveling gear) coming at you left and right, in the upper levels people in their endgame armor sets are pretty much impossible to kill for people in their PvP blues.

Banned.

BG Level

Sorry guys I seem to be confused about what the word "end-game" means in this sense.

1. Activities to do when at the end of the leveling grind?

2. Activities that require large amounts of man power and require with items that boost your online-ego?

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Sorry guys I seem to be confused about what the word "end-game" means in this sense.

1. Activities to do when at the end of the leveling grind?

2. Activities that require large amounts of man power and require with items that boost your online-ego?
    No, it means:
    3. raiding instances such as the ones found in WoW, but definitely not similar tasks in FFXI like limbus, dynamis, assault, et cetera.