Sea
    Assaults
    Dynamis
    Limbus
    Wyrms
    New endgame stuff from ToA
    Kings
    Merits

Yeah...no endgame content there. Let's all go play Zork.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Of course it takes no skill to kill those NMs with 18 people.

Try something harder.
    Yea, I lol'd...LJ can be soloed/duoed, KA duo'd, the 2 jeuno big birds can be done in pt of 3-4, serket can be soloed...all post-rage-patch...Jeuno NMs are so 2004.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Of course it takes no skill to kill those NMs with 18 people.

Try something harder.
    Yea, I lol'd...LJ can be soloed/duoed, KA duo'd, the 2 jeuno big birds can be done in pt of 3-4, serket can be soloed...all post-rage-patch...Jeuno NMs are so 2004.
    NQ Behemoth and NQ turtle can be duo'd too.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    FFXI has no "endgame"
    And WoW's big "endgame event" is completed in a mere 30 minutes.

gtfo nigga
    Actually >.>;; try anywhere from 1-4 hours and even longer if you desire since you can 'pause' the instance and come back on the next night to finish it up.

No more being forced to camp Fafnir at 2:30AM.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Holy crap, the sheer amount of whooshing in this topic is amazing.

Guys. He was saying that saying "WoW is easy" when you've only done LBRS and UBRS is like saying "FFXI is easy" when you've only done Sim, Roc and KA. Read more closely. >_>

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Sui
    Holy crap, the sheer amount of whooshing in this topic is amazing.

Guys. He was saying that saying "WoW is easy" when you've only done LBRS and UBRS is like saying "FFXI is easy" when you've only done Sim, Roc and KA. Read more closely. >_>
    I know what he said and still don't care

He's acting like the title of the thread is "lol WoW is easy", if you play WoW then gtfo, no one asked your opinion on ffxi endgame!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

you're going to get bored of any game fairly quickly if you don't like the people you're playing with. i will spend hours and days of my time to get people in my LS an item they want. They're just that fucking cool.

While missing the point is awesome, I think his reason for naming Roc/Simurgh/KA was that those NMs aren't remotely difficult, and that people with limited WoW experience might be saying WoW is easy because they haven't seen real endgame stuff. I wouldn't know, I've never played WoW, but if a WoW player played FFXI for a little while and stopped after fighting Simurgh, they'd probably think FFXI is retardedly easy too, which would be exactly the same as someone playing WoW for a month and stopping with <insert whatever easy ass crap here> and thinking they've seen everything.

you should watch the Twin Emp's vid :3
    You can here Bik scream

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Why do the WoW people care what FFXI 'endgame' is like again? And why do FF people care about WoW?

go back to your own forums and stfu, do you see any FF people posting there? I wouldn't know, haven't been there
    actually, a 75 war from our server (fenrir) applied to Blue Gartr (on bahamut) in the wow app section.

if that counts?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've played just about every MMO that's come out, and I currently play FFXI and WoW so i have a bit of perspective. Are camping the three kings a bit tedious... certainly, but are they any more tedious than doing BWL, ZG and AQ 40 every week, nope. The thing that a lot of people don't get who are still new to WoW endgame, is it gets old running the same instances over and over, espescially when you get to the point that the upgrades are quite minimal.

I enjoy both games for different reasons. I like the fact that I've played FFXI for almost 4 years and I'm not tired of it. I like the fact that I still haven't finished every quest in the game and that the expansion quests all had some form of storyline to them. When I get on WoW, I enjoy the casual experience, I like that I can get on for 5 minutes or 5 hours. I like that I can go through MC in 4 hours and feel like I accomplished something epic that day. In the end though, they both can get quite tedious, and asking if camping 3 kings is boring is ironic to running the same instances over and over week after week.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just going off of 22's OP... 3 Kings were definetly a terrible design idea. Alot of the gear in it is still hands down the best (E Body), but the ingenuity of the player has been working to make some gear become outclassed (I.e. Valor Surcoat > K Body if your LS is using PLD/NINs). I stopped camping Kings a few months ago because the stupid drama and frustation of sitting in a pit for 3 hours a day to walk away with next to nothing (Sup Z Feet) gets really old after awhile.

In all honesty I would probably quit FFXI in a heartbeat if most of my friend's left, I play WoW on the side and from purely a gameplay Perspective WoW destroys FFXI, it just doesn't have the same sense of community that FFXI has developed for me in the 3 years I've been playing it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Why do the WoW people care what FFXI 'endgame' is like again? And why do FF people care about WoW?

go back to your own forums and stfu, do you see any FF people posting there? I wouldn't know, haven't been there
    actually, a 75 war from our server (fenrir) applied to Blue Gartr (on bahamut) in the wow app section.

if that counts?
    No, because the OP of this thread was an obvious bash at FFXI. You don't like FF. Fine. But nobody in the FFXI section cares about it.

Can the mods please move all FFXI vs. WoW into the WoW forum please? Then maybe they will stop posting this kind of crap when it's clogging up their forum instead of ours.

Banned.

BG Level

Two little tips.

1. If you don't like kings, DO NOT CAMP THEM.

2. Open your mind a bit. Do quests with shitty rewards, just so you can see the cutscenes involved and have a more complete quest log. Stop caring about armor once you are able to not suck. And don't play the game for more than 6 hours.

Can the mods please move all FFXI vs. WoW into the WoW forum please? Then maybe they will stop posting this kind of crap when it's clogging up their forum instead of ours.
    Every thread in the WoW section is about FFXI, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius*
    you're going to get bored of any game fairly quickly if you don't like the people you're playing with. i will spend hours and days of my time to get people in my LS an item they want. They're just that fucking cool.
    Win. The only reason I spend so much time camping stuff. I'd much rather see one of my good friends get hooked up then even get the gear for myself.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This game is about community. The community rivals that of EQ1. Everyone in this game has an enemy. Everyone in this game has friends. It is fun to defeat your enemy, and to do it along with your friends.

As a bonus, players from FFXI can read like a previous poster stated. I can't say the same for most WoW players. Yes, I've owned WoW since week 1, and I have played FFXI since beta. Yes, I know what endgame is like for both. I am the linkshell leader for my LS (http://www.claimed-ls.com) and it is *Very difficult* to schedule in all the endgame activities into a week.

Ahhh nice sig jiang, Looks like the one I've had for a while lol

http://pi.expendable.org/pictures/Muffy-Sig.jpg

Good shit though

*Edit* Speaking of, i never changed it here XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mufferino
    Ahhh nice sig jiang, Looks like the one I've had for a while lol

http://pi.expendable.org/pictures/Muffy-Sig.jpg

Good shit though

*Edit* Speaking of, i never changed it here XD
    I like that one, I gotta have one made for my brd

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

By no all means was I trying to compare this thread to WoW because I even used EQ as an example in my OP. I also am not trying to bash FFXI at all if youre familiar with FFXI BG history you'd know that I was wioth BG since the start and through just about every single big accomplishment and I enjoyed FFXI for a longggggg time and no I don't hate FFXI at all. Theres things I dont like about FFXI just like theres things I dont like about WoW, or about my dog or about my parents or about myself, theres things everyone doesnt like about everything, so this was just a topic I thought I'd bring up after reading thought the FFXI forums. I'm not much of a flamer either and dont think I've -ever- posted a flame that was more than a joke on these boards I mean look at my post count its like what 320? I jouned these forums the first day they were made, I'm not a flamer and not trying to be one here.

It just seems like a horrible thing to have to have the feeling that you need to be in 1 of 3 places everyday doing the same thing everyday for gear that is going on 3years old and is just about the best in the game when by now is should be garbage. Xavier (just my best example) was a good friend of mine in FFXI and in WoW for a bit and I think he's going on maybe his 7th level 75 job? Being able to spend/waste/use all these hours into leveling jobs over and over and over almost seems to me like FFXI's way of saying "There's not any good gear/things to camp/do anymore so just level another job!" In my eyes there should be a new sword or axe in the game that make ridill just a pretty good weapon but not the best, or that makes adaman hauberk something to use while you're waiting on the new best thing.

I'm going to just ingnore all these things people said about WoW even tho I would really like to try and compare and debate things that certain people said but I dont want this to be a flame war or get off subject I guess.