BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cerberus     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

gates of hades range is the same as ululation range. you can figure out where to stand through trial and error! or by having someone with distance plugin tell you where to stand

Who cares where you stand? Cerberus is cake until 25%, and even then as long as the blm/drk's aren't retards it's fairly simple.

Comparing it to the AV wall is useless, as Cerberus can still pull you in if you gather enough hate whereas the AV was a blatant exploit. I see the wall of cerberus as a terrain advantage similar to that of Tiamat.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah
    It's always been my experience that when you ask a serious question, and you receive a smart-ass answer, it is normally coming from some 12 year old who wants to impress everyone by "pwning" you for asking something. Also, those people tend to not know the answer themselves. If they did, they would simply answer the question like a civilized person instead of being an asshole. Assholeism is generally reserved for the ignorant.
    ...or people don't wanna give the strat away for a mob they can solely kill. As "easy" as Cerberus is for many veteran HNMLSes, he's still impossible for nearly 95% of the FFXI population...and that 5% wants to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AriaEminence
    Who cares where you stand? Cerberus is cake until 25%, and even then as long as the blm/drk's aren't retards it's fairly simple.

Comparing it to the AV wall is useless, as Cerberus can still pull you in if you gather enough hate whereas the AV was a blatant exploit. I see the wall of cerberus as a terrain advantage similar to that of Tiamat.
    Not this argument again. It's no AV wall, but its ashame this dog can be turned into a puppy by simply standing in a different spot. No standing outside of range is NOT the same, as there's obvious reasons why you can still easily die if you're anywhere down below, whereas being on the wall makes you invincible. Either way I dont see it playing a big part in losing or winning the fight, as you'll have issues either way if you'll letting a bunch of gates go off.

Quote Originally Posted by AriaEminence

haha i wasnt comparing it to the wall, i was just saying, since we're on the topic of the wall. shit dude, calm the fuck down ahaha

I am calm, maybe it's just the way I come off to people.

In any case, I don't think the wall will change the outcome for any established linkshell in this battle. It really is just a convenience for at least the BLMs and RDMs.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm calm, Dude! Calmer 'n you are.

Calmer 'n you are.

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    No... a) mp pool is fine, just refresh the DRK. They'll get 25 measly MP back before they stun again. b) DRKs that I know are more used to stunning things quickly than BLMs I know. But maybe I just know better DRKs.
    A blm doesn't need refresh to stun the entire last 25% A drk needs refresh, plus healing for when he gets hit AoE and he will have hate issues if he's not /thf. Blm goes full -enmity and will be fine (not to mention the wall, which isn't an exploit, because SE put it in like that. I think they knew full well what the wall would be used for).

DRK should know how to set his filters perfectly to be able to stun. It's really not that hard... Special actions started on/by [all of these options] will get you by if these filters are turned off.
    I was referring more what crap a blm will filter out that a drk can't, like damage and other stuff.

So don't SC until he stuns. There's a recast timer and it's quite large, gives him lots of oppurtunity to SC. Or alternatively, get the other stunner(s) to take over, advance the stun order, or something, when he WSes.
    Yes, please stand around and wait to SC while it's your turn to stun and watch the doggy put up stoneskin. Yeah >.> And one sure way to fuck up a stun order is to advance it one place...that's just asking for redundant stuns, missed stuns, and screwed up recast timers.

On the contrary. When you're engaged, the 3D view is closer and less has to be rendered, compared to being disengaged and seeing all the backgrounds and such.
    Umm, bs. If I'm out of AoE range, I don't see any actions of cerebus, thus I have much less lag. Just like if you watch Fafnir from a distance, you're fine but you go up to him and your framerate drops to 4fps.

I just don't understand why you would want someone in a stun order if they're doing other, more important things like actually dealing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    A blm doesn't need refresh to stun the entire last 25% A drk needs refresh, plus healing for when he gets hit AoE and he will have hate issues if he's not /thf. Blm goes full -enmity and will be fine (not to mention the wall, which isn't an exploit, because SE put it in like that. I think they knew full well what the wall would be used for).
    Refresh is kind of a given... and the DRK is probably /nin or /thf, either one has no problems with hate (if the /nin does take hate its not like it can't survive.)

I was referring more what crap a blm will filter out that a drk can't, like damage and other stuff.
    DRK can filter everybody's damage... even his own if those 8 second swings are clogging up the chat log too much

Yes, please stand around and wait to SC while it's your turn to stun and watch the doggy put up stoneskin. Yeah >.> And one sure way to fuck up a stun order is to advance it one place...that's just asking for redundant stuns, missed stuns, and screwed up recast timers.
    If your people are skilled its NP

I just don't understand why you would want someone in a stun order if they're doing other, more important things like actually dealing damage.
    Because somebody doing damage AND stunning is much more useful than somebody doing just one or the other.

First off, Blaze Spikes would kill the DRK within a minute of blood weapon being down.

Secondly, MNK/DRK > your face for stuns. Haste yes prz

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

First off, Blaze Spikes would kill the DRK within a minute of blood weapon being down.
    You're not taking into consideration the speed at which a DRK swings, pretty sure regen 1 could keep up.

lolmax

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    You're not taking into consideration the speed at which a DRK swings, pretty sure regen 1 could keep up.

lolmax
    I think Seebo was referring to Kraken Club DRK...even without spikes a Kraken Club DRK has to watch for Stoneskin during Blood Weapon, otherwise he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

lolmax
    What are you talking about? DRKs can out dmg BLMs, dang.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

You guys took this thread way too far.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    You guys took this thread way too far.
    stfu DRK sympathizer

sorry maxx i'm bored at work, nothing else to make fun of

Quote Originally Posted by Seebo

Blaze Spikes would kill MNK soooooooooo much faster than DRK. For stuns, by your logic, RDM ftw. Innate fast cast reduces recast timers.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I solo Cerebus for a fun.

They call me the Avesta of Odin.

I dont even know wtf he does but ok.

The first Cerberus pop on Fairy was solo'd by a BLM in our shell.

ohemgee your sig is just.. yeah..

Anyway, one thing I've noticed about Cerb is he never drops *nothing*. The sword isn't that common, but he always drops a meat or two, a claw or two, and a hide from what I've seen. Maybe this is a look into the future for ToA HNMs and they won't be as jewish as CoP wyrms/Jailers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    ohemgee your sig is just.. yeah..

Anyway, one thing I've noticed about Cerb is he never drops *nothing*. The sword isn't that common, but he always drops a meat or two, a claw or two, and a hide from what I've seen. Maybe this is a look into the future for ToA HNMs and they won't be as jewish as CoP wyrms/Jailers?
    Jailers always drop something. lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Seebo

Blaze Spikes would kill MNK soooooooooo much faster than DRK. For stuns, by your logic, RDM ftw. Innate fast cast reduces recast timers.
    Since when did fast cast reduce timers? It only speeds up a spell being cast, haste effects recast timers.