Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Questions about "Hidden SJ effects"

Letz say your Ninja is 40 and his skills are capped and you also have RDM to 75.

You go RDM/NIN to tank IT+ Mobs or a HNM.

VS

The other person has Ninja 75 and Red Mage 75.

Now dont care about the tanking skill of the person itself, but will the person with NIN75 be able to tank better then the one whose NIN is only leveled to 40?

Consider, no Merits used on both characters, both go RDM75/NIN37, both have same gear.

I was told NIN with 37-40 leveled has Spell Interruption 90% and someone whose NIN main is 75 has MINIMAL Spell interruption.

Now all that with BEAST I can understand, since Charm is a Job Ability (BST37 or BST75 for Charming stuff), but how can a RDM/NIN tank better if Main NIN is 75? (Again its not a matter who has better tanking spell itself (like knows when to cast ect)).

If yes, it does matter that that NINis 75 when you go RDM/NIN, why dont you have any diffrence on a WHM/BLM with BLM40 leveled then a WHM/BLM with BLM75 leveled on stuff like Aspir,Drain ect, I dont have lesser Spell Interuption nor do I see an Increase.

Doing stuff as WHM/NIN back the days mine was 44, and now as WHM/NIN since iam NIN75, I myself didnt see any diffrence.

Can you clear this up for me?RDM75/NIN75 > RDM75/NIN40?

Thx, Berc

Of course it doesnt matter.... the only thing different is apparently Charm being based on true BST level.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

NIN's tanking ability is due to its Evasion Skill and Utsusemi: Ni having 4 shadows.

Charm rate takes into account BST Main's level.

I don't really get how you would think the two could be related but regardless, no, a 75 NIN main, when subbed, offers no bonus other than experience over a 37 main.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

My NIN is 75 and lv45 mobs still interrupt my MNK/NIN every fucking hit they deal to me, it's annoying.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ninjutsu is based off ninjutsu skill, which determines the interruption rate when casting ninjutsu. The skill level is equal to a level 37 NIN when subbed to a level 75 job. Of course you're going to get interrupted.

This is based on a magic skill, which has little to do with Charm.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Ninjutsu is based off ninjutsu skill, which determines the interruption rate when casting ninjutsu. The skill level is equal to a level 37 NIN when subbed to a level 75 job. Of course you're going to get interrupted.

This is based on a magic skill, which has little to do with Charm.
    Hehe, I have the subbed skill of a lv42 or so... +16 ninjutsu skill.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

When I solo, my seven 75 jobs combine and I become Captain Planet.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    my 2 combine and become wilford brimley

When I solo I'm still just a shitty blm and end up face down.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

you are my hero forever

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Heart!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Captian Planet made an appearance in DA on unicorn today after maint.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    My NIN is 75 and lv45 mobs still interrupt my MNK/NIN every fucking hit they deal to me, it's annoying.
    The real question... why are you using Utsusemi on lv45 mobs? =(

Old Merits
    BG Level

Of course it doesnt matter.... the only thing different is apparently Charm being based on true BST level.
    I don't really get how you would think the two could be related but regardless, no, a 75 NIN main, when subbed, offers no bonus other than experience over a 37 main.
    That is what i wanted to hear :D

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It's sad I have a better charm rate on my RDM/BST than my BST/anything. Go go errant/mahatma! But the stuff uncharms sooooooo fasttttt compared to beastmaster, due to the fact you get no +Charm gear.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I agree with all people said so far, even the captain planet thing :wink:

I didn't completely believe the charm based off BST true level until I was able to test it and actually found monsters that gave different gauge message (and charm rates) between me mnk75/bst37 and a rdm75/bst50ish, despite same CHR and no other difference in equip (even with both naked).

To reduce interruption rates as rdm/nin, you could always cast aquaveil, I think it should help, and if you didn't care about TP, you could test dualwield-swapping something like those cheap 2k hermit wands for a total spell interruption rate of 50% just from equip. But then again there's probably some interruption rate cap from equip and spells so who knows.

Btw another thing i noticed while utsusemi-tanking as mnk/nin is that i can often avoid being interrupted even if i get attacked at 50% casting if the attack is not a critical on me, but I pretty much never manage to finish casting if the hit is critical, so anything related to crit% reduction might also help.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The whole purpose was, someone said Ninja has the same hidden effects as Beastmaster when used as SJ.

I didnt agree,cause Charm from Beast is a JA and Ninja Spells are based on Magic Skill. (Ninjutsu)

And I didnt agree that someone with NIN75 and RDM75 can tank better then a NIN37 and RDM75 cause of "something hidden".

So only Beastmaster so far is better as Subjob when Main is 75 instead of 37,40, 45 whateve? :D

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    So only Beastmaster so far is better as Subjob when Main is 75 instead of 37,40, 45 whateve? :D
    All depends. I'll never go to a camp to duo camp for serious exp as a rdm/bst with another bst, maybe i'd join a party of beastmasters though. I camped alot of stuff as RDM/BST, even did Tiamat as RDM/BST, but the beastmasters had 1 very nice advantage over me, Call beast. When I was in danger, true I can sleep or bind stuff, but it'd be much better to have call beast to occupy unsleepables and places where people eat your mobs.

When you entirely rely on pets, rdm/bst is best, when you need melee too, bst/--- is better. Same goes if you need the familiar, or if you need to charm T's, because they'll uncharm faster.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Nah I didnt mean that a RDM75/BST37 is better then a BST75.
    I meant Beastmaster is the only job where you see diffrence when it is Levels to 75 and you SUB it.

Like a RDM75 subbing Beasmaster75=>37 is better then a RDM75 subbing Beastmaster 37=>37,when it comes to Charm mobs.

But a RDM75 subbing Ninja75=>37 is NOT better then a RDM75 subbing Ninja 37=>37 when it comes to land spells or not interupt Utsusemi.
    :D