+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Corsair subjobs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Nah, it was from two days back. Not quite sure how to explain why but my damage with two Bards was less than with just one.

Dia II ftw?
    Well the 2 marches actually didn't do anything for you, Ranged isn't effected by haste, and everyone was pretty tired. No main healer to Dia2 could prolly do it, along with the THF not shooting a lot of acid bolts iirc, i could be wrong tho, I was kinda tired too so I was sucking with minuets.

Naturally I'm not pulling that off all the time but TP less damage that enhances debuffs every three minutes is going to add up over time.
    Last night was the first time I went "whoa" at something Corsair could do. Against Jailer of Faith, I wind shotted him while Gravity was on and he slowed down noticeably.
    Interesting. Has there been any testing in Ballista? I'd be interested to see if Dia's def debuff improves, or poison's damage goes up, bio's attack down improves etc. Or Lowring's TP down improves, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Naturally I'm not pulling that off all the time but TP less damage that enhances debuffs every three minutes is going to add up over time.
    Last night was the first time I went "whoa" at something Corsair could do. Against Jailer of Faith, I wind shotted him while Gravity was on and he slowed down noticeably.
    Interesting. Has there been any testing in Ballista? I'd be interested to see if Dia's def debuff improves, or poison's damage goes up, bio's attack down improves etc. Or Lowring's TP down improves, lol!
    Damage elements to debuffs dont change (ie dia poison choke etc all do the same damage/tick), but any debuff element is enhanced by about 40-45% of its effect. For example, slow + carnage elegy is approximately 65-70% slow, land earth shot on top of both and it bumps up to around 95%.

It also lasts as long as the debuff it affects as far as i can tell - land a fresh elegy and slow, and earth shot it - the earth shot effect will last as long as that slow+elegy is on the mob (and as far as I understand it from my bards, you cannot overwrite an earth-shot enhanced elegy with a new one until it wears off?)

To be honest, I cant see myself using COR in merits too often because, although it is fun as hell and arguably equal or better than a second bard, I can get 20k+ merit parties on my bard. Its hard to justify the cost of bullets when I have an equivalently necessary merit job fun as it is, I guess. If you dont have bard or another merit-desirable job, then cor is great though hehe.

but any debuff element is enhanced by about 40-45% of its effect.
    little bit of an exaggeration here, no offense

get me numbers to prove it, until then I'll consider it a marginal increase in the debuff because I've never seen Earth Shot make them noticably better.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    but any debuff element is enhanced by about 40-45% of its effect.
    little bit of an exaggeration here, no offense

get me numbers to prove it, until then I'll consider it a marginal increase in the debuff because I've never seen Earth Shot make them noticably better.
    http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=117728

Although the OP cant use grammer and punctuation for shit, numbers are hard to get wrong.

After testing Quick Draw with Valin (Sireen) a few days ago (some of u may have read his post), i decided to go back into Ballista and see just how much Quick Draw could actually do. I dont have any screenshots, but hopefully u guys will take my word for it =P. This time i was with Garanthos MNK75/NIN75 and Accolade BLM75/WHM75. I guess to start, i should say Quick Draw will hit 100% of the time, as i was able to hit Garanthos with it when i was 30 levels below him. The damage it does may be related to Marksmanship skill or INT, i dont really know, but i dont really care either. I dont use it for the damage anyway.

To start, i decided to work with Dia again. Garanthos had an initial defense of 257, Dia 2 brought it down to 230, and Light Shot brought it down to 217. Something else i noticed with Dia 2 tho... the DoT increased. I wasnt looking at DoT when i tested this with Valin, but i was this time. DoT increased from 2 HP per tick to 3 HP per tick after Light Shot. Next we tried Bio 2. Garanthos had an initial attack of 371, Bio 2 lowered his attack to 333, and Dark Shot lowered it to 314. Also, DoT was increased again, this time from 7 HP per tick to 10 HP per tick after Dark Shot. We tested Rasp next. Garanthos started with DEX at 71+3, Rasp lowered it to 71 -8, and Earth Shot lowered it to 71 -12. I didn't notice an increase in the DoT, but its not mainly what i was concerned with, something ill discuss later.

As we tested it, Quick Draw had a clear and noticeable effect on stat decreasing debuffs, but what about the debuffs where the effect of it wasnt directly noticeable? i.e. Paralyze, Blind, Silence. To figure out if it had any effect on these, i decided to work with slow and look at recast times (why Garanthos subbed NIN). After taking his haste gear off, Utsusemi: Ni had the standard recast time of 45 seconds. After Slow, the recast time on Utsusemi: Ni increased to 53 seconds. After Earth Shot, Utsusemi: Ni had a total recast time of 58 seconds. Granted, this doesnt prove Quick Draw has any effect on Blind Paralyze or Silence, but I personally think its safe to assume it does. I believe that Ice Shot will cause Paralyze to process more, and Dark Shot will add a greater decrease in accuracy to Blind, but again i really have no way to prove it.

Something else had occured to me about Quick Draw before entering Ballista, a question a friend in my linkshell brought to me. How many debuffs exactly does Quick Draw affect? If 2 debuffs of the same element are on an enemy, does Quick Draw affect both? Does it choose a debuff randomly? This is the reason i chose to work with Rasp instead of the other BLM elemental debuffs. I knew Quick Draw would further decrease a stat, but i needed to know just how much so i could compare the results of my next test. After my tests with Rasp and Slow (both earth elemental) i had Accolade cast Slow on Garanthos, then Rasp, then i used Earth Shot. Just as a reminder, in the separate tests Utsusemi: Ni had a final recast of 58 seconds, and Rasp lowered DEX to 71 -12. After my Earth Shot, Garanthos quickly casted Utsusemi: Ni and spammed a /recast "Utsusemi: Ni" macro, and checked his DEX in his status menu. Sure enough, Utsusemi: Ni again had a total recast of 58 seconds and Rasp lowered DEX to 71- 12. Yes, Quick Draw will enhance multiple debuffs of the same element.

One thing i did notice while doing this, dont try Poison 2 > Water Shot, it wont increase the DoT on it. Im guessing its the same deal with Foe Requiem > Light Shot. Maybe bcuz its simply DoT and doesnt increase a stat? I dont know. Water Shot has no effect on Poison 2 tho. Special thanks to Accolade and Garanthos for helping test more stuff out ^^
    defense 257
    dia2 230 (-27def)
    light shot (-13def, total of -40)

light shot increased the effect of dia2 by 50%

utsu ni 45seconds
    slow 53 seconds (+8 )
    earth shot 58 seconds (+13, or more than 50%)

dex 71+3
    rasp 71-8 (-11 dex)
    earth shot 71-12 (-15dex)
    now, rasp wears off over time, so it would be a fair assumption that although the increase from those numbers is less (only about 35%), if you hit the shot as soon as rasp lands, it would be 50%)

So infact, it seems I _understated_ the effect of quick draw, not overstated.

Quick Draw is one of the most powerful abilities corsair brings to the table for HNM, its just a matter of people realising its full potential, and inviting a corsair into the alliance instead of that second or third bard to spam elegy. Get one bard that can land it, and a corsair to make it 50% more effective.

edit: after reading it over again, the guy who made that thread also stats that quick draw infact did increase the damage done by bio and dia by a similar rise of about 50%... but not poison. It seems that if the dot has a debuff attached it will do more damage, but not pure damage like requiem and poison... which I find odd. I intend to do my own testing but like I said, numbers are hard to get wrong.

Rasp and the rest of the elemental enfeebles DO NOT wear with time. They are a full -whatever your skill allows for the entire time they're on the mob. So that would put its effect on Rasp at 35%

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Rasp and the rest of the elemental enfeebles DO NOT wear with time. They are a full -whatever your skill allows for the entire time they're on the mob. So that would put its effect on Rasp at 35%
    they do wear off over time - go get rasped by a worm in shakrami, your dex down will wear off over time.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

it slowly decreases .yeah

Wouldn't MNKs roll be good for melee'ing on HNMs? Along with a BLU that uses -TP moves I doubt you'll have much problem with WS (Add a MNK in for the roll then kick him or leave him in)

Wow, thats sexy. If you're going to be testing Delekii, try out Threnodies and Suiton while you're at it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    they do wear off over time - go get rasped by a worm in shakrami, your dex down will wear off over time.
    No, they don't wear off over time unless it was changed since last I tried. When killing elementals, I often get the elemental DoT of their element and the stat does not change. Also, note that they have different messages than the effects that do wear with time (like Bubble Shower's STR down).

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... 2480&num=5

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    No, they don't wear off over time unless it was changed since last I tried. When killing elementals, I often get the elemental DoT of their element and the stat does not change. Also, note that they have different messages than the effects that do wear with time (like Bubble Shower's STR down).

hmm, guess i was prone to that misconception

anyway, going into diorama now to test properly, with a nin, brd, and blm/rdm atleast, blue debuffs will have to wait.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Holy shit, that KI thread was really informative. I keep meaning to go test shit myself in Ballista but never get around to it anymore.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

anyway, going into diorama now to test properly, with a nin, brd, and blm/rdm atleast, blue debuffs will have to wait.
    It does not slowly reduce on the mob, it does on a player. As recent as 2 days ago I had burn cast on me and watched INT slowly increase over time until it's done.

This was done in the same patch that made Etudes behave the same way, their effect slowly descreses over time (I think this is only for second level of etudes.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

It does not slowly reduce on the mob, it does on a player. As recent as 2 days ago I had burn cast on me and watched INT slowly increase over time until it's done.

This was done in the same patch that made Etudes behave the same way, their effect slowly descreses over time (I think this is only for second level of etudes.)
    I just got burned by an Aw'ghrah in sea and the effect didn't change at all until it wore off (and yes I refreshed the status screen).

thank you niv for getting this while I was sleeping/at work.

I tested this in Diorama along with all my other quick draw stuff, and they dont wear off over time - edfigaro and niv are correct.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I got hit with a Rasp the other day by a worm in Shakhrami, and the amount of DEX taken off did decrease with time. I.e. -5, and then a few seconds later it was -4, and a while later -3, etc. It was down to -1, just before Rasp wore off.

So apparently it does wear off in stages. Except for when it doesnt.

Sure it wasn't Tremors?

Old Merits
    BG Level

It was rasp. I was soloing my COR on worms, and all I'd get hit with would be rasp, stone, or stonega.