Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

fashion emergency; yigit turban or af1 hat?

And because I'm lazy and like to feed on the hardwork of others...

yigit turban (magic atk bonus+2 enmity-5)

or

BLM AF1 hat (int+4 enmity-4)?

Mushroom helm obviously.

You did say it was about fashion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Functionality is also a very important part of fashion. GO FANNY PACK!

From what I've read, the yigit will marginally outperform AF1 hat, but won't outdmg Demon helm +1, so it's all pretty close.

I dont use demon helm so I wont talk about that (not many spots in the game ill give up 4-5 emnity for 2 int

In terms of Yigit vs AF1, on higher tier nukes and ga's yigit is slightly better, on lower tier AF1 is better. AF1 can be used on dark magic too, but I tend to use Walahra turban for drain and aspir to knock down the recasts, and yigit has 1 more -emnity and +1hMP. I have started leaving af1 in moghouse, tbh.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    From what I've read, the yigit will marginally outperform AF1 hat, but won't outdmg Demon helm +1, so it's all pretty close.
    When a BLM who knows when they need -enmity over epeen dmg in a situation, unless they own blm af1+1 hat, I'd suggest the Yigit.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'll just stick to my AF1. I've never been a fan of looking like a total idiot for a marginal stat increase. ;\

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, after prancing around with my turban for a while, I find it to be very aesthetically pleasing. It goes well with the weskit on a taru. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Fryte
    Actually, after prancing around with my turban for a while, I find it to be very aesthetically pleasing. It goes well with the weskit on a taru. :>
    Me too, i like the look of yigit stuff alot.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I see this item as a complete waste of time. The fact that it resides in something as marginal as 4 int and 6 INT isn't worth looking at it damagewise.

-1 enmity? Big deal, I have better things to do with my time then getting useless items. Find me a blm that nukes to the point were -1 enmity matters and, well, you have an alliance wipe waiting to happen or a mp sponge for all the raises he needs <_<.

Go for the boots really.

Reason I posted this besides being bored in an Onzozo party? I feel it's important for people to know both sides of the arguement. You have the person who has the item and is trying to justify his reason for getting it, and then you have the person who doesn't have the item but is looking at things realistically.

You can say "Why don't you go buy the item and see for yourself?", which idiots like to spout these days. However, since when does someone need to have an item to know how effective it is?

Just trying to save a lot of BLMs time here. However if you want to buy it for the looks, and because you have extra assault points or something, go for it. Don't go for it for it's stats though.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

WIZARD'S PETASOS+1 NIGGA

Beats everything:
    30 MP
    5 INT
    Enmity-4
    hMP+1

and

WHITE FUCKING BORDER

Mushroom helm shits on all other hats anyway.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Mahatma Hat

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You all need a kick in the bean bag tbh D;

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Yeah, I'm gonna settle for the af1+1 hat, +5 int = 2mab (the smallest most negigible difference) and same -enmity, 30 MP, and still retains MPh +1, if someones gonna argue over the +2 mnd for Stoneskin, I'll just equip my Z. Crown +1 (I do anyway). If you enjoy inventory space -1 just for looks, thats your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    If you enjoy inventory space -1 just for looks, thats your choice.
    That's exactly why I keep my 'shroom helm!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Dream Hat

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Goblin Coif

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know this may be a crazy idea, but...SOME people are aiming for the entire set of yigit and "wasting" points on this piece is the beginning of a very interesting adventure.

Another thing a lot of people seem to miss, people have multiple jobs, limited inventory, and minute funds. The yigit set provides unequaled +hMP/Refresh coupled with "decent" BLM stats on nearly every piece (all but legs are at least 2nd rate for BLM) and comes at the amazing price of free. I enjoy doing Assault as it's a not very time consuming and an easily organized venture. You can cite -1 enmity not making a difference, but I can equally call upon your +5dmg not deciding the outcome of a battle either. BLM soloing not withstanding. 25% nuke >>>>> 24% nuke.

My original question simplified and gutted for bluntness was more along the lines of which was more effective, +2 Magic Atk or +4 INT, and after asking, I've learned a bit more about the two statistics. +INT is a flat addition to damage (somewhat) while Magic Atk is a multiplier.

I apologize if I reacted too strongly. It grinds my gears when people assume you can only equip one piece in one spot and anything less is a preposterous waste of time. I'm a SMN first, BLM second. Anything I can get that boosts my SMN -and- my BLM, saving me inventory space and gil, I'm all for it.

The crackows are next on my list to obtain. Simply because I want to /toss rostrum pumps as they are no longer useful for my SMN and to come 1 step closer to finishing the Yigit set (which will totally f'in pwn for resting between blood pacts once completed) all the while upgrading my BLM ever so slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    WHITE FUCKING BORDER
    amen