Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Wajoam Chocobo = win...can get to Flans in like 5min without wasting 200 IS <3

It takes like 4 minutes to walk through bhaflau and escape in zhayolm. Chocobo might take more time since it will ditch you in Wajoam, and possibly in the small area south east side of the time.

Anyway, you can get back half of those IS by the time you run there, even in chocobo. Not really a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I just woke up, but they didnt mention anything about new assault areas ?? orzzzzz

other than that, thats all hot shit <3
    Probably one of the last addition they will post. They usually keep mission for the last week iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Once again, ToaU team doesnt fail to deliver. One thing I wouldnt mind though is an OP near Al Zahbi, so I can set HP to Bastok again, but this is still ok. Acessing locker from any city that supports it is amazing.

Don't worry flux, i'm waiting for you to post how this update is shit though, you never fail to deliver in that aspect either.
    Seriously, do you see anything in the update that shouldn't have been there day 1? I certainly remember "where the fuck is the AF storage?" being said in linkshell by enough people. Took them 3 months to figure out how to put an NPC in town did it?

If you bought a car and it took them 3 months to come and install the back seats and put in a radio would you be cheering or pissed off?
    quit life now plz
    Had to fix that, seriously just fucking go away, hell I think Maxx is bearable compared to you, like you make him seem almost "normal" in comparison...that should tell you alot.

Once again, ToaU team doesnt fail to deliver. One thing I wouldnt mind though is an OP near Al Zahbi, so I can set HP to Bastok again, but this is still ok. Acessing locker from any city that supports it is amazing.

Don't worry flux, i'm waiting for you to post how this update is shit though, you never fail to deliver in that aspect either.
    Seriously, do you see anything in the update that shouldn't have been there day 1? I certainly remember "where the fuck is the AF storage?" being said in linkshell by enough people. Took them 3 months to figure out how to put an NPC in town did it?

If you bought a car and it took them 3 months to come and install the back seats and put in a radio would you be cheering or pissed off?
    Depends if there was a need for the car designer to see how the user used and adapted to the car, and whether a radio would fit properly and not mess with the balance of the car.

Most. Retarded. Analogy. Ever.

Have you ever bought a cd player with your car? Did it come with 15 cds included, including music that hasnt been recorded yet?

This game is dynamic, that means that content is still being created and balanced. It is also a money making machine. Live with it.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Do you ever become so negative in RL that you just forget to breathe?

And if not, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii

Depends if there was a need for the car designer to see how the user used and adapted to the car, and whether a radio would fit properly and not mess with the balance of the car.

Most. Retarded. Analogy. Ever.

Have you ever bought a cd player with your car? Did it come with 15 cds included, including music that hasnt been recorded yet?

This game is dynamic, that means that content is still being created and balanced. It is also a money making machine. Live with it.
    No...he shouldnt be bitching like he is, but why the hell are people falling all over themselves for normal shit that's expected of EVERY town. Yeah its nice that we're getting it now...but who cares? Its EXPECTED. I want shit in updates I dont expect. Thats what I'll save my excitement for.

If this update has A)No new endgame (including NMs/HNMs or abilitiy to raid truesight areas of Halvung etc) and B) AT LEAST AF1 for the 3 new jobs.

IT FAILED.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The early announcements for what is coming in update usually are the crappier ones, in the past this wuld be the fish anking announcement. To me its a good sign wether or not some may say its late in coming.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Storage NPC's arent expected in ToAU. Remember ToAU is completely different with a different reign. It does not need to conform with the shit found in conquest areas.

So what, you need to take an extra 2 minutes to talk to the warp taru and run to lower jeuno so you can get AF for a job you never use ?? Who the fuck stores AF for their commonly used jobs ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

No...he shouldnt be bitching like he is, but why the hell are people falling all over themselves for normal shit that's expected of EVERY town. Yeah its nice that we're getting it now...but who cares? Its EXPECTED. I want shit in updates I dont expect. Thats what I'll save my excitement for.

If this update has A)No new endgame (including NMs/HNMs or abilitiy to raid truesight areas of Halvung etc) and B) AT LEAST AF1 for the 3 new jobs.

IT FAILED.
    There will be a lot more to come, firstly, and secondly from a story point of view it actually makes very little sense that there is a ballista or af npc in al zhabi - the east and the main continent have no ties whatsoever from a story point of view governmentally.

I certainly didnt expect to be able to access my al zhabi mog locker from windurst - it was good enough that they gave me not 10 slots from gobbie bag IIVIXIBCD but 50 new slots from a totally new storage area, now they are allowing me to access it outside al zhabi. Totally + points from me.

I didn't think it was possible to complain about more storage, people USED to complain about not having it, but there's always a couple people who feel the need to complain, they easily could've NOT done this.

Locomotion

One thing I wouldnt mind though is an OP near Al Zahbi, so I can set HP to Bastok again, but this is still ok. amazing.
    What I've always wanted is the ambassadors in each main city to be able to warp you back to your home city. Put some mithras in Al Zahbi on an "expedition" to let Windities far from home get back to their beloved Star Sibyl, and I can HP in Al zahbi but not have to Tele-Mea>Bubu->OP to jump to other places.

Of course, i find the level caps on OPs irritating for leveling subs and the fact we cant get a daily reusable enchanted item like the stable scarves via CP to be glaringly obvious clues that SE doesn't want it TOO easy to get around. bastards. I'll quest for it. plz.

Chocos callable from the field soon...maybe they are rethinking their transportation policy.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    but why the hell are people falling all over themselves for normal shit that's expected of EVERY town. Yeah its nice that we're getting it now...but who cares? Its EXPECTED. I want shit in updates I dont expect. Thats what I'll save my excitement for.

IT FAILED.
    i agree with about half of what you're saying.

expanding Mog Locker is expected.

adding Storage NPC is half expected, the two areas are suppose to be detached, but these types of NPCs seem normal to be at every town.

allowing Locker outside of ToAU areas was totally unexpected for me, they never changed Storage and looks like they never will but they are making this change for the Locker and that's pretty amazing.

i do think none of this stuff is ground-breaking and it's amazing how CoP has conditioned all of us to get excited over the smallest improvements.

i wouldn't hold my breath for new HNMs though, it's too early in their expansion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Who the fuck stores AF for their commonly used jobs ?!?
    when i HP'd in Bastok, that was like part of the job change process. not that i need many pieces of AF1 (SAM Helm, NIN Feet).

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

and I can HP in Al zahbi but not have to Tele-Mea>Bubu->OP to jump to other places.
    This is where the homing ring actually has a purpose, and I use the hell out of mine now.

Check if your home city owns a region touching jeuno (there's 3,decent chance)

Warp taru to jeuno, walk outside (depending where you land), use homing ring, OP straight home.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: Locomotion

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    Chocos callable from the field soon...maybe they are rethinking their transportation policy.
    I think they are rethinking their policies on alot of things. Cross your fingers.

Black Belt
    BG Level

and this part is stupid

we believe that these measures will eventually result in less overcrowding of the new towns.
    the only way to do that is to make getting to Whitegate easier, allowing Locker access in other cities doesn't make it magically a good idea to stop HPing in Aht Urghan.

getting out is easy, getting in still takes 30 minutes.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    and this part is stupid

we believe that these measures will eventually result in less overcrowding of the new towns.
    If they want to fix overcrowding, then they need to hurry up and open the Imperial Ward.

and this part is stupid

the only way to do that is to make getting to Whitegate easier, allowing Locker access in other cities doesn't make it magically a good idea to stop HPing in Aht Urghan.

getting out is easy, getting in still takes 30 minutes.
    Thats the reason why my HP will always remain in Whitegate, even as I find myself leveling lowbie jobs while waiting on my static for another job, I find that just teleporting myself and OP to get to w/e is a lot faster (when warp taru is gone, which is like 90% of the time now for Asura) than it is to get to Whitegate (well there is the Olduum ring, but that is once a day).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    and this part is stupid

If they want to fix overcrowding, then they need to hurry up and open the Imperial Ward.
    Winner

I'm worried that this chocobo rental is going to take imperial currency like everything else in the expansion. I wouldn't mind it as much if imperial currency was stored like gil, but having to keep 4 (or 2 at the very least) different denominations of currency on you to do anything is really obnoxious.

It could take IS directly too ... but it seems unlikely to me that renting a chocobo will be as simple as just handing over gil.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

SE put an interesting twist in with this expansion by releasing -no- lottery NMs on release. not a single one. Cerberus is the only non-quest NM they released, period.

Going by that, they'll put more in, it'll just take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    I'm worried that this chocobo rental is going to take imperial currency like everything else in the expansion. I wouldn't mind it as much if imperial currency was stored like gil, but having to keep 4 (or 2 at the very least) different denominations of currency on you to do anything is really obnoxious.

It could take IS directly too ... but it seems unlikely to me that renting a chocobo will be as simple as just handing over gil.
    The coins are a commodity. Worthwhile things to sink them into keeps the value up and thus makes your imperial standing worth more.
    You can not buy/sell IS but you can coins though.

I would personally like to see a lot more uses for them we currently have. The W.Turban craze made me quite a bit of gil.
    The runic portal pass and assult armband should have been paid in coins instead of IS directly for example.

Having the denominations is a good thing imho. It allows you to properly scale the value of certain transactions like locker upkeep or W.Turban.