Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    when a RDM is refreshing and hasting they don't need to be changing their body piece (but i'm sure RDMs in your LS don't Haste or Refresh).

close to if not more than half of the HNMs are either totally immune to debuffs or you can land stuff while wearing Dalmatica anyway. a RDM will be fine wearing Dalmatica for 90% of Limbus and 90% of Dynamis outside of Xarcabard.

i'd say a RDM who has every body piece they can equip would spend more time in a Dalmatica than out of it, i know i do on BRD.
    No, when a RDM is casting refresh or haste, he/she should be using Warlock's Chapeau and Duelist's Tabard so that the spell casts faster and can get to the next person on the refresh/haste list sooner.

Also, if someone wants to cast enfeebles without Warlock's Tabard, then he/she sould be wearing Errant body or Crimson Scale Mail instead for the extra 10 MND and INT to improve the strength of the spell. Casting enfeebles in a Dalmatica is a very bad idea since it does absolutly nothing to help your casting stats.
    Septimus has it right. And please, don't comment on what a job wears if you don't got it to 75, chances are you're wrong. imo, dalm and af2 hat shouldn't be on at the same time-- your cast(recast) times are way high with that combination. What I do is have many macro sets that set up what gear I want for certain situation.

For situations where I'm ONLY whoring out refresh and haste, I use Duelist Tabard and Warlock Chapeau. Then of course, if I enfeeble, af2 hat+af1 body will be on (4mp refresh) if I cure someone, af1hat+dalmatica body will go on (4mp refresh). In situations where I need refresh, I will move away from my duelist tabard macroes. (fast cast macroes)

But getting a spell out quicker, thus keeping your cycles shorter, giving you more free time owns 2mp personal refresh.

The only reason, IMO, where you should have both dalm and af2 hat on is when you are doing nothing (or walking around jeuno)-- or the 20 seconds or so before your first restMP tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    when a RDM is refreshing and hasting they don't need to be changing their body piece (but i'm sure RDMs in your LS don't Haste or Refresh).

close to if not more than half of the HNMs are either totally immune to debuffs or you can land stuff while wearing Dalmatica anyway. a RDM will be fine wearing Dalmatica for 90% of Limbus and 90% of Dynamis outside of Xarcabard.

i'd say a RDM who has every body piece they can equip would spend more time in a Dalmatica than out of it, i know i do on BRD.
    No, when a RDM is casting refresh or haste, he/she should be using Warlock's Chapeau and Duelist's Tabard so that the spell casts faster and can get to the next person on the refresh/haste list sooner.

Also, if someone wants to cast enfeebles without Warlock's Tabard, then he/she sould be wearing Errant body or Crimson Scale Mail instead for the extra 10 MND and INT to improve the strength of the spell. Casting enfeebles in a Dalmatica is a very bad idea since it does absolutly nothing to help your casting stats.
    Septimus has it right. And please, don't comment on what a job wears if you don't got it to 75, chances are you're wrong. imo, dalm and af2 hat shouldn't be on at the same time-- your cast(recast) times are way high with that combination. What I do is have many macro sets that set up what gear I want for certain situation.

For situations where I'm ONLY whoring out refresh and haste, I use Duelist Tabard and Warlock Chapeau. Then of course, if I enfeeble, af2 hat+af1 body will be on (4mp refresh) if I cure someone, af1hat+dalmatica body will go on (4mp refresh). In situations where I need refresh, I will move away from my duelist tabard macroes. (fast cast macroes)

But getting a spell out quicker, thus keeping your cycles shorter, giving you more free time owns 2mp personal refresh.

The only reason, IMO, where you should have both dalm and af2 hat on is when you are doing nothing (or walking around jeuno)-- or the 20 seconds or so before your first restMP tick.
    People who think Dalmatica is just for show for RDM are usually:

A. Aren't a RDM.
    B. Suck at RDM.
    C. Are retarded.
    D. Merited Convert Timer and Lighting Acc.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Or... you could make it so you equip your dalm/af2 hat AFTER your spell finishes casting, so you have it on all the time while doing nothing instead of wearing different stuff for different situations?

After my spell (and any other RDM) is finished casting I'm already casting another spell, kid.

I did include that dalm+af2 hat should go on when you are finished with your work/cycle. ("are doing nothing")

Quote Originally Posted by MikedeeFenrir

A. Aren't a RDM.
    B. Suck at RDM.
    C. Are retarded.
    Who are you talking to? And who said it was for show?

This is a debate on how to use AF2 hat and Dalmatica together. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by MikedeeFenrir

A. Aren't a RDM.
    B. Suck at RDM.
    C. Are retarded.
    Who are you talking to? And who said it was for show?

This is a debate on how to use AF2 hat and Dalmatica together. Get it?
    And people are saying Dalmatica is for show, get it?

If you quote someone, it gives that implication that you are talking about them. That's what I'm getting at.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

After my spell (and any other RDM) is finished casting I'm already casting another spell, kid.

I did include that dalm+af2 hat should go on when you are finished with your work/cycle. ("are doing nothing")
    lol @ not using AF2 hat the entire time. The fast cast bonus ain't worth the loss of Refresh. (And I've played RDM, a lot) I'd only macro out the hat in the case of a nuke, in which AF1 hat is better, or a long spell, such as Reraise. Obviously, it's still situational. A RDM/DRK Stun whore isn't going to take the AF1 hat or AF2 body off at all.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I hope they get in AF for blu... and cor using .DAT swaps is ok but I want the real thing ;;

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora

lol @ not using AF2 hat the entire time. The fast cast bonus ain't worth the loss of Refresh. (And I've played RDM, a lot) I'd only macro out the hat in the case of a nuke, in which AF1 hat is better, or a long spell, such as Reraise. Obviously, it's still situational. A RDM/DRK Stun whore isn't going to take the AF1 hat or AF2 body off at all.
    5% faster casting isn't worth losing refresh

If you're not using af2/dalm together for the refresh traits most of the time, you shouldn't have been given one of the items.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    and I can HP in Al zahbi but not have to Tele-Mea>Bubu->OP to jump to other places.
    This is where the homing ring actually has a purpose, and I use the hell out of mine now.

Check if your home city owns a region touching jeuno (there's 3,decent chance)

Warp taru to jeuno, walk outside (depending where you land), use homing ring, OP straight home.
    Wait...those rings work anywhere in the region? :O

Man, I wish I knew that...I always thought they only worked in the zone you were in. I've only used it like once when Bastok took Qufim that one time since the release of FFXI.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They bring you to the outpost of the region only if your country control the zone.

Keeping your cycle shorter is utterly pointless and of no help. If people have refresh on things are good. It doesn't matter if you refresh 6 people in 40 seconds or 60, as long as they have refresh on. If your cycle is refresh yourself, wait 30 seconds, refresh someone else, wait 15 seconds refresh someone else, good for you. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference over someone that does 2 10 second waits. People get the exact same amount of MP. The only difference is you're down 50 MP per cycle because you for some crazy reason didn't use AF2+Dalmatica.

Fast cast is awesome for getting a sleep off before the mob rapes your face. It's amazing for getting long cast spells down so they cycle before they wear like Utusemi or Gravity or Sleepga or for letting you do more Stun or Aspir. Fast cast is a convience but of no real help for things like Refresh or most debuffs. +2 MP a tick isn't a convience, it's a big help.

I am not a red mage (well, I am 55 and hence pre-refresh equipment and pre-af body and hat) but it seems to me from my exploits as BLM that it would be extremely simple to macro fast cast in for when refresh hits, and then out again, at a grand cost of no more than 1-2 ticks of mp?

I use windower macros for every gear change so this mightnt be as feasible if you dont, but on my BLM i wear black cloak up until about 40% cast and then quickly switch in HP>MP for latent then to nuke for the damage - in terms of game ticks i am only out of refresh for at most 3 ticks of mp. Why cant red mages do the same on spells for which it is appropriate? Im sure many do, but arguing dalmatica OR af2 seems somewhat void when you can use both to almost full capabilities at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6