+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

New Features in Aht Urhgan(06/21/2006)

New Features in Aht Urhgan(06/21/2006)

The FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team has put several measures into effect since the release of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc to lessen the congestion in Al Zahbi, including adjustments to Besieged and the introduction of auction house fees and bazaar taxes. The upcoming Mog Locker expansion and the introduction of new features in Aht Urhgan are designed to create a more convenient atmosphere for players. While the effects of these changes may not be immediately visible, we believe that these measures will eventually result in less overcrowding of the new towns.

Mog Locker Expansion

The Mog Locker was introduced for the convenience of players exploring the new areas of Aht Urhgan. In order to preserve in-game balance, the Mog Locker was given an initial capacity of 50 items and limited to use in Al Zahbi. Even more players than expected have begun to use this service, so we decided to eliminate some of the restrictions on the Mog Locker during the next version update.

1. Maximum capacity increased to 60 items
    Following the next version update, trading Aht Urhgan currency to Fubruhn in Aht Urhgan Whitegate will allow you to increase your Mog Locker capacity to hold 60 items.

2. Access expanded to areas outside Al Zahbi
    You will soon be able to use your Mog Locker in your Mog House from anywhere in Vana'diel after the completion of certain free procedures. However, these procedures will slightly shorten the length of a Mog Locker lease, which costs one Imperial bronze piece to renew. In addition, the remaining time on the current lease will be proportionately reduced. Of course, you can always choose to make your Mog Locker usable only in Al Zahbi once again.

3. Mog Locker lease renewable from any area
    In accordance with the Mog Locker access expansion, players will also be able to renew their lease for one Imperial bronze piece from a Mog House at any location.

New Features in Aht Urhgan

After careful consideration of the effects on game balance, the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team has deemed the following features ready for addition to the towns of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc:

1. Chocobo Stables Grand Opening
    The chocobo stables in Al Zahbi will finally open for use in the next version update. Players will be able to rent a chocobo in Al Zahbi and ride out into the Wajaom Woodlands. Please note, however that the NPCs at the chocobo stables may be captured during Besieged, disabling chocobo use until their rescue.

2. New NPCs
    The following NPCs will be added to the towns of Al Zahbi and Aht Urhgan Whitegate:

-An equipment storage NPC
    -A special event item storage NPC
    -A weather forecast NPC
    -A Pursuivant NPC to transport players to Brenner and Ballista matches

Furthermore, additions will be made to the number of special event items that can be stored.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

This single update with the 10 extra spaces and access from anywhere has made my update, anything else will be a pleasant bonus. (And the AF NPC)

This update makes it worthwhile to get my mules aht urgan access 30 extra spaces on all mules yes please. Imp brz pieces are down to 3k a piece.

Chocobo access in wajaom only is nice I hope they add it to the other town as well, most people just use the runic portal anyway but the town just feels to Selbina.
    I wonder whats diggable in wajaom.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I... I........ I need to change my pants.

Best update ever, more space, can access locker from any other mh, and the best part, I can stay in whitegate forever, since I will never need to get to jeuno for AF, since they are finally adding storage npcs, thank you SE <3

As for the chocobos that will be nice, but I see it as a Warp Taru problem, on Asura he is ALWAYS taken prisoner even after we whipe the floor during a besieged, so I can see him being taken prisoner each time too, I hope they fix besieged where it does not happen every damn day as lvl 5 by all forces attacking shortly after each other.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Once again, ToaU team doesnt fail to deliver. One thing I wouldnt mind though is an OP near Al Zahbi, so I can set HP to Bastok again, but this is still ok. Acessing locker from any city that supports it is amazing.

Don't worry flux, i'm waiting for you to post how this update is shit though, you never fail to deliver in that aspect either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Once again, ToaU team doesnt fail to deliver. One thing I wouldnt mind though is an OP near Al Zahbi, so I can set HP to Bastok again, but this is still ok. Acessing locker from any city that supports it is amazing.

Don't worry flux, i'm waiting for you to post how this update is shit though, you never fail to deliver in that aspect either.
    yeah im in a dilemma now - one that would be totally fixed if the rest of the world didnt suck compared to ToAU and we didnt keep losing altep and vazhl -_- if we could keep vazhl out of beastman hands, i would never see jeuno again.

Rumor has it that they're adding AF1 for new jobs in September, so Flux and all BLUs do have something legitimate to bitch about =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Rumor has it that they're adding AF1 for new jobs in September, so Flux and all BLUs do have something legitimate to bitch about =P.
    it's probably true too, /sigh

bet they won't even release AF2 for BLU/COR/PUP
    knowing SE they'll make AF1 in the lvl 71-75 range

Old Merits
    BG Level

Wow... the only thing missing now is to ban the fucking gilsellers :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What is the default storage space for mog locker? I thought it was 30+10. Guess not

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    What is the default storage space for mog locker? I thought it was 30+10. Guess not
    Starts at 30 - upgradable to 40 straight away for 2 silver? And JP midnight sunday night after you go to 40, you can go to 50 for 1 gold.

Yaya I ran out of space again and need more XD. Although i can now store my full blm gear and full thf gear on my main instead of muling them^^.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Starts at 30 - upgradable to 40 straight away for 2 silver? And JP midnight sunday night after you go to 40, you can go to 50 for 1 gold.
    You mean I've been missing on 10 inventory slot for 2 months? /wrist

Now it's only a matter of time before the gilsellers set up a botter in the woods and thickets with chocobo digger bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    You mean I've been missing on 10 inventory slot for 2 months? /wrist
    dont feel bad - i just realised today that the game allows you to place more furniature than would give 80 storage slots - ive been wasting like 20 slots for the past year atleast (when I placed all those water pots i had no idea how storage works rofl)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Win and bump, this somehow dropped to the middle of page one. Deserves sticky.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wajoam Chocobo = win...can get to Flans in like 5min without wasting 200 IS <3

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I just woke up, but they didnt mention anything about new assault areas ?? orzzzzz

other than that, thats all hot shit <3

Seriously, do you see anything in the update that shouldn't have been there day 1? I certainly remember "where the fuck is the AF storage?" being said in linkshell by enough people. Took them 3 months to figure out how to put an NPC in town did it?

If you bought a car and it took them 3 months to come and install the back seats and put in a radio would you be cheering or pissed off?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux

Seriously, do you see anything in the update that shouldn't have been there day 1? I certainly remember "where the fuck is the AF storage?" being said in linkshell by enough people. Took them 3 months to figure out how to put an NPC in town did it?

If you bought a car and it took them 3 months to come and install the back seats and put in a radio would you be cheering or pissed off?
    quit now plz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast