Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: return to FFXI     submit to reddit submit to twitter

return to FFXI

Anyone know if that "Return to Vana" thing is still going on? After a year of WoW (I know, I know), finally getting a new computer and a decent job...I am gonna come back to FFXI.

I would really rather get my old character and stuff back than start over again, but from what I hear..Ramuh is kinda trash now anyways.

Also, when I left the game tele's were like 500 and 1000, now I hear they are some obscene amounts?! Is this true for everything in game? Am I gonna have any hope of being able to afford anything without RMT?

Sorry, I know this is an endgame site, but I have been with you guys since my old days of ffxi, so I thought this would be the best place to ask (refuse to waste the few braincells I have left on alla).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: return to FFXI

Quote Originally Posted by weeman
    Anyone know if that "Return to Vana" thing is still going on? After a year of WoW (I know, I know), finally getting a new computer and a decent job...I am gonna come back to FFXI.

I would really rather get my old character and stuff back than start over again, but from what I hear..Ramuh is kinda trash now anyways.

Also, when I left the game tele's were like 500 and 1000, now I hear they are some obscene amounts?! Is this true for everything in game? Am I gonna have any hope of being able to afford anything without RMT?

Sorry, I know this is an endgame site, but I have been with you guys since my old days of ffxi, so I thought this would be the best place to ask (refuse to waste the few braincells I have left on alla).
    I think there is a return to vana'diel part three coming up in the fall or something... Not sure though. They'll probably have them semi-regularly since it brings players back to the game which means more money for them.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

ok, your first thought is wrong honestly, yes teles have gone up in price, but so has the value of everything else
    your making more money so spending more is second nature, dont put thought into it, on bahamut teles are 2-5k, fast are 10k, but its not a problem really

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Am I gonna have any hope of being able to afford anything without RMT?
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllmao!

cue banishment card!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu

cue banishment card!
    I don't think thats meriting banishing, it's a valid question. He's not saying "Am I gonna have to RMT my gear? ", but rather "Holy crap is everything so expensive only rmters can get it?" which would be more in line with the other things mentioned.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

cue banishment card!
    Low post count speaks wonders sometimes, listen to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

cue banishment card!
    I don't think thats meriting banishing, it's a valid question. He's not saying "Am I gonna have to RMT my gear? ", but rather "Holy crap is everything so expensive only rmters can get it?" which would be more in line with the other things mentioned.
    '

you got it Kuno I wasnt planning on RMT (never did when i played before). Was honestly just wondering if the only way to return would be to have to do so. If it was the case then I certainly wouldn't be returning.

Glad to here it is just an overall increase in gil per player and not RMT trash ruining servers.

Anyways, got the new computer today and going to get everything reinstalled on monday (first day off from work in about 2 weeks).

Honestly think that as insane as it is, I am gonna start all over from level 1,to kinda bring back the good old days. As much fun as sky and all the old end game stuff was...I think I enjoyed my time getting to end game a lot more then actual end game. I may live to regret these words though..lol

sky and endgame really suck now due to overcrowding. I think you're doing yourself a favor starting over.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

cue banishment card!
    '

you got it Kuno I wasnt planning on RMT (never did when i played before). Was honestly just wondering if the only way to return would be to have to do so. If it was the case then I certainly wouldn't be returning.

Glad to here it is just an overall increase in gil per player and not RMT trash ruining servers.

Anyways, got the new computer today and going to get everything reinstalled on monday (first day off from work in about 2 weeks).

Honestly think that as insane as it is, I am gonna start all over from level 1,to kinda bring back the good old days. As much fun as sky and all the old end game stuff was...I think I enjoyed my time getting to end game a lot more then actual end game. I may live to regret these words though..lol
    It's really not too bad I have 3 friends now who started over rather than getting their toons back, and they don't really regret it. They had fun doing it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

cue banishment card!
    '

I have a friend that came back less than a month ago, and i had to help him get his rdm test last night He hasnt been slacking either, hes also rank 7 and has nin and war lvled to 30+, already working on a 2nd job 8) Too bad ill probably be helping him about 10 more times with rdm test.

Think about doing that myself somedays...just for fun. Kinda miss just being a newb =/ Then I remember the PMs...and clears that right up!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarwen
    Think about doing that myself somedays...just for fun. Kinda miss just being a newb =/ Then I remember the PMs...and clears that right up!
    Don't forget, rankup missions, chocobo quest, airship pass and the exciting khazam airship pass!

Old Merits
    BG Level

yeah... IMO, fuck starting over >.>

I know people that have gotten rank 10 in more than one nation, but as soon as I got that 10 next to my name I knew I was done with that shit forever. And doing CoP again? No fucking way.

I'd get my original toon back and just start a new job (new to you or new in Aht Urghan) at lvl 1 if you really want to feel like you're getting in at the ground floor.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I sometimes feel the urge to make a mule and take them to dunes with /part /say and even /shout macros...ahhhh the good ol' days...

Banned.

BG Level

reroll as a Galka

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Don't forget, rankup missions, chocobo quest, airship pass and the exciting khazam airship pass!
    Honestly, Nation Missions and all that other stuff doesn't bother me. I've contemplated making another toon to play on the side, but then I remember PMs, and say fuck it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, I started a second character from scratch. All in all it has been fairly fun, all of the enjoyment of being a noob with a level 75 RDM to protect the character from monsters who want to eat him and to slaughter things that drop quest items.

But yeah, I doubt that I will get him very far in the CoP missions. Just the thought of doing Prommies makes me a sad panda.

yay!, new computer is running. Got FFXI and getting it all set-up now. One horrible flashback I am already having is the 14 hour update to FFXI when you first buy it

I amso happy! WoW is just a horrible memory now. See ya'll in game in about 14 hours ^^.

Guess I will dig around alla or something to get a world pass. I would at least like to start over on a server where I remember folks

my sadness today comes in this phrase...

Time Remaining: Unknown

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

yay!, new computer is running. Got FFXI and getting it all set-up now. One horrible flashback I am already having is the 14 hour update to FFXI when you first buy it

I amso happy! WoW is just a horrible memory now. See ya'll in game in about 14 hours ^^.

Guess I will dig around alla or something to get a world pass. I would at least like to start over on a server where I remember folks

my sadness today comes in this phrase...

Time Remaining: Unknown
    if you wanna come on bahamut Ill get you a wp, Im bored

if you wanna come on bahamut Ill get you a wp, Im bored
    Sonoma I sent you a PM. Thanks a bunch for the WP, see ya in game soon!