+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Dynamis Valkurm Help information request (long post).

Hi guys, My LS are about to plant a grenade in my car if I do another bastok with them, so tonight's dynamis is going to be either Xarc or Valk, depending on whatever I random (or if valk is taken1!1!!1), heck, we may still do bastok, but I'd much rather attempt getting Assasin's armlets for our main THF.

I've been trying to research valk, even though I know we're basically going in blind. So if you guys don't mind answering a few Q's, or correcting my assumptions that i've gone over in my head.

Now keep in mind i've never entered this zone, I'm only going off peoples experience here aswell as screenshots I could find of them with maps.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/ ... lkurm1.jpg
    http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~ffxi/ff_valkurm_01.jpg

I also read the dynamisbums forum, they had really nice posts on how it went.

If I have the following meds correct :

- Poison pots for sheep
    - Antidotes for everything else due to the 50/tic
    - Echo drops for anyone who can cast a spell

Any other meds missing aside from the usual reraisers?

So far from what I've heared, the General strategy is

- Enter, cast RR's and possible buffs, cower in fear at the lack of stoneskin
    - Kill the 3 Damselflies which have an increased AOE dmg than normal?
    - Go kill Fairy Ring(Funguar) to get rid of Cirrate's breath attack
    - Go kill Nant'Ina(Goobue) to get rid of Charmga
    - Head back and drop boss.

Q's about the flies. I heared each fly is surrouneded by 3 mobs, which each pop another mob totalling to 6 (7 with fly), that seems like a very hard pull to do, 6 manticores/sheep come chasing you? I know this pull can be sac pulled, but how big is the train it creates? Is it a killable(read : manazergable) train?

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5...here0dm.th.jpg

Also I heared there are no beastmen or nightmare mobs, between the OP Starting point, and the flies(till you get to them), is this true or false? will help decide how the sac pulls work For 1 I'm guessing they can run into F7 and die/rr there while we tag a fly, for 2 run into I-9, and for 3 run into K-6.

A few Q's about the bosses now :
    Cirrate Christelle
    I hear this is a bugged NM, that still gets to use his special abilities that you previously removed from the other NMs. So I'm going to assume this will be a broken fight with the specials.
    - How hard does his breath attack go through stoneskin? I hear it does 1000 dmg average to normal melees.
    - Is he like Boyahda's VV with meditate/meiko, and can just spam abilities? Like is there a possibility we all get charmed instantly and it screws up our plan?
    - Are you guys 100% confident he is non aggro? Some people said yes, My theory on the boss pretty much will be like this if non aggro :

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/9...ghnment0bn.jpg

BLM in their position, After the first hit lands, RDM starts the CS + Stuns. BRDS would have SC+CHR threnody'd themselves prior to this, timed so SV can be on as soon as the babies pop.

Technically CC should be bouncing between the blms (at flee speed yay), or getting CS+Stunned and mobile.

Nant'Ina
    - Does it run at flee speed?
    - Does he have any special moves? Like is his silencega really mute? Does he have hundred fists? etc
    - What is his magic resistance like?
    - Sleepable?
    - Charmga based on TP or is it a normal attack?
    - Very high HP?

Plan is to gravity him, then IV him to death with stuns thrown in. I have not heared too much about him, so that should mean this guy isnt much of a threat to the strat.

Fairy Ring
    All I've heared about this dude is, he'll smack you in the fact and you'll hit the floor faster than you know what's happened.

My only real Q about this one is, is he neccesary needed to be killed for the win? Is it possible that CC can be CS+Stunned+IVraped without breath hurting? Because this one seems like the biggest challenge (more than the boss )

Really sorry for the long post, but I'd like to know as much information as possible before going in blind and mpk'ing my LS.

Most likely we wont do this tomorrow, I'd rather do Xarca than have an unexpected CoPnamis(depends on turnout, usually alot in ice, but we had a city planned so i expect less numbers ;p ), but We will probably do valk right after it and I will let you guys know how it went.

Before I go, what would you place Valk in toughness? Much harder than bubu? Slightly harder than bubu? Easier? Near Qufim difficulty?
    Thankyou very much for any help you can give or any advice, goodnight

My dynamis LS only did Valkurm once, and it
    wasn't a pleasant experience. Aoe from damselflies
    were ouch ouch and mages in range died.

Other than that all other monsters in area were
    managable, except for the last boss(malboro) who can spawn
    a whole bunch of monsters to assist him. Now that
    was not a pretty sight and yes we wiped <_<

Old Merits
    BG Level

Don't be surprised if you kill Fairy Ring and Nantina and CC still does Charmga and fucks your alliance up the ass with breath after you uncharm.

Oh and I did sleep the smaller Marlboro fine with SV lullaby... really it isn't that hard up to CC.. you can shadowbind pull Fairy Ring.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All the times I've done this CC has done the abilities we killed from the NMs and we lost.

Black Belt
    BG Level

100% non-aggro.

You can pull the flies without sac pulling. They do link, but they also move around and can be pulled without links. NE fly near sheep, SE fly near manticores, SW fly near hippogryphs.

There are nightmare sabotenders somewhat near the paths (along the road east of the outpost) to 2 of the flies, but you can avoid them easily.

I say that it's roughly on par with Buburimu in terms of difficulty. The boss is far more luck than Bubu though. I've fought CC twice after killing both Nan'tina and Fairy Ring, but neither time seen it act glitched (no charmga or anything). I assume you have bards, horde lullaby rotation on the 2 baby malboros works really well.

Your strategy for CC won't work really well, at least positioning-wise. The gate to Selbina is closed so you can't use that area for positioning, and when you attack CC, it spawns 4 statues to the north, and nightmare spawns in 3 of the 4 corners near CC.

Re: Dynamis Valkurm Help information request (long post).

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Q's about the flies. I heared each fly is surrouneded by 3 mobs, which each pop another mob totalling to 6 (7 with fly), that seems like a very hard pull to do, 6 manticores/sheep come chasing you? I know this pull can be sac pulled, but how big is the train it creates? Is it a killable(read : manazergable) train?
    The pulls are very very easy to do without aggroing any extra mobs. We usually send 3 groups of two people out to pull the flies (note: don't wait between pulls, if just pull each one when it's possible to pull them without aggroing the mobs around them). If the person that pulls gets any extra aggro, the second person gets claim on the fly and the first person dies, leaving no mobs trailing behind the puller.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5...here0dm.th.jpg

Also I heared there are no beastmen or nightmare mobs, between the OP Starting point, and the flies(till you get to them), is this true or false? will help decide how the sac pulls work For 1 I'm guessing they can run into F7 and die/rr there while we tag a fly, for 2 run into I-9, and for 3 run into K-6.
    There are mobs on the way from the starting point to each fly but they're easily avoidable.

Cirrate Christelle
    I hear this is a bugged NM, that still gets to use his special abilities that you previously removed from the other NMs. So I'm going to assume this will be a broken fight with the specials.
    - How hard does his breath attack go through stoneskin? I hear it does 1000 dmg average to normal melees.
    - Is he like Boyahda's VV with meditate/meiko, and can just spam abilities? Like is there a possibility we all get charmed instantly and it screws up our plan?
    - Are you guys 100% confident he is non aggro? Some people said yes, My theory on the boss pretty much will be like this if non aggro :
    Yes it's bugged, you have to kill it ASAP, DL styles, CS stuns and all. I'm not sure which breath attack you're talking about but if you're talking about extremely bad breath, it's an instant kill move. 1000000% sure he doesn't aggro. We camp along the gate so when she is aggroed, we don't link any of the mobs that spawn out in front.

Nant'Ina
    - Does he have any special moves? Like is his silencega really mute? Does he have hundred fists? etc
    - Sleepable?
    - Very high HP?

Plan is to gravity him, then IV him to death with stuns thrown in. I have not heared too much about him, so that should mean this guy isnt much of a threat to the strat.
    There is no room to have him move around much, but he if you have a full group of people, he's not a challenge. I never go as BLM so I couldn't tell you how resistant he is to magic.

Fairy Ring
    All I've heared about this dude is, he'll smack you in the fact and you'll hit the floor faster than you know what's happened.

My only real Q about this one is, is he neccesary needed to be killed for the win? Is it possible that CC can be CS+Stunned+IVraped without breath hurting? Because this one seems like the biggest challenge (more than the boss )
    I don't think we've ever tried to kill CC without killing Fairy Ring, but he's not really as difficult as you think. Pulling him is a little challenging, need a saccer and someone to shadowbind him and run all the way back to camp (camp is anywhere the yagudos are not). He might kill half your alliance but he's still definitely killable. Better safe than sorry I'd say. We've never had much of a problem with it, except our first time fighting it.

Before I go, what would you place Valk in toughness? Much harder than bubu? Slightly harder than bubu? Easier? Near Qufim difficulty?
    Much harder than bubu, and harder than Qufim. Definitely the hardest of the three due to the fact that CC *might* be glitched (who knows, SE might just have a stupid sense of humor)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You can't have people all over hell when you engage the boss or you'll chance triggering a lot of hidden mob pops north of Selbina that'll rape your alliance. We put everybody on the Selbina gate and go nuts with melee/nuking/chainspell stuns to kill it. It's worked perfectly everytime we've killed both Fairy Ring and the Goobbue.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

With sleepers without Stoneskin, probably not. I know that two of the flies will fly away from linky mobs, but it's better safe than sorry, bring two people to pull each fly.

Cirrate Christelle
    Yes.
    At least a good 800-900 to melee, mages can expect in the 500-650ish with Stoneskin. This is the attack he will spam the most often and you will die if you don't have someone Chainspell Stunning.

Are you guys 100% confident he is non aggro?
    Yes, you can even rest near it. However, once you engage it, it will spawn 3 other malboros that do aggro, which Cirrate will link to.

BLM in their position, After the first hit lands, RDM starts the CS + Stuns. BRDS would have SC+CHR threnody'd themselves prior to this, timed so SV can be on as soon as the babies pop.

Technically CC should be bouncing between the blms (at flee speed yay), or getting CS+Stunned and mobile.
    When Cirrate hits about 50%, numerous Nightmare mobs will spawn in the area surrounding the Selbina gate. (I personally got raped by hippogryphs standing a little bit east not far from the trees while I was Chainspelling) Your BLMs will probably need to be closer to Cirrate than you want them to be.

Fairy Ring

No matter how fast your Chainspellers are, it's likely an initial breath attack will hit you, and if it's Extremely Bad Breath, game over. Kill Fairy Ring.

Pull with Shadowbind, literally nothing else will work (including an Invincibitch PLD pull). Pull far east, most of the east side of the beach should be clear of mobs. People will die here (especially tanks), Reraise will be nescessary.

Valkurm is probably the hardest due to Fairy Ring and Cirrate, definitely harder than Qufim from what I've heard. Buburimu is by far the easiest (I'd wager even easier than Bastok).

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

on the solo emperor fly, dont be annoyed or worried if you link one of the hippys, those things go down stupid fast and easy, if anything, get your team ready for the fairy pull while your doing that fly pull, kill the hippys if they link, pull fairy with a 30s or 60s shadowbind and get back

make sure to keep fairy pointed AWAY from your alliance, his cone breath attack 1shots monks

One other thing I noticed in Valk that doesn't really have anything to do with winning is that if you pull a "statue" nightmare monster, it will continue to spawn more smaller nightmare monsters after some time (if you start killing the smaller ones first).

- The flies *should* be able to be pulled without a sac, but have your ppl go in groups of two so you can do a quick sac if it happens to link.

- Time is your biggest enemy. After every check point, after raising everyone, everybody should start talking to the next point weakened and rest at the next point.

- Fairy Ring and that Goobbue NM, you should just zerg it to death.

- The megaboss is 100% non aggro, and everybody should hug right next to it before you engage (and fight that way)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Dynamis Valkurm Help information request (long post).

I've beat dunes before, though I wasn't the planner/coordinator, so I'll pick apart what I can.

- Go kill Fairy Ring(Funguar) to get rid of Cirrate's breath attack
    lol
    - Go kill Nant'Ina(Goobue) to get rid of Charmga
    lol

We always kill Fairy Ring and Nant'Ina before CC, but it doesn't entirely stop CC from using breath or charmga anyway.

Fly pull isn't hard, we send two people to each fly, and usually the second person doesn't need to do anything. But once in a while, the puller will aggro something and the second person takes over the pull just fine. I don't know about the other fly spawns, but I always go to the valkurm emperor spawn. Just watch for the roaming hippogryphs around there, and you're fine.

No need to sac pull, really. And there are nightmare mobs like cactuars and hippogryphs on the way, but everything is so wide open between the flies and the outpost camp that its not hard at all to make the pull and never see a single other mob.

Cirrate Christelle
    Anything is possible with CC. The breath isn't quite 1000 damage, I take about 400-500 damage with stoneskin up as RDM/DRK. But its bad enough to hurt. CC does not aggro, so you can set yourself up and position your mages and tanks and such before you begin. Just be ready to have your BRD sleep those Nightmare Malboros when you do. Also, be ready for the pops behind CC after she dies... so don't be fighting CC in a place where you'll wipe afterwards.

Nant'Ina
    - Sleepable?
    - Very high HP?
    Flee speed? Who knows, we never kite him, just tank him. Special moves? Yeah, he can charmga. Sleepable? I don't know, we've never tried. Just kill him, he's not tough.

Fairy Ring

Fairy Ring can be bad if handled poorly, but he's pretty easy with the right setup. Have someone clear out the yag cave, then send in your RNG to shadowbind Fairy Ring. Run back to camp, wait for him, and when he's in position, begin your CS stun order. Tear him a new one before CS Stun wears off (and keep your RDM/DRKs alive, goddamn it... let them die *after* their CS wears), and you'll be good.

If CC weren't glitched, I'd say it was easier than Qufim. Qufim as a whole, including the boss, is tougher than dunes, but CC's bugginess puts it up there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Cirrate Christelle is Non agro. Only problem I see with your plan is that you can't get behind the gate going into selbina. I don't pull for our LS so I don't know how the flies are positioned, but I don't believe we sac them and we have never pulled the manticores or any other mob with the flies.

The boss is kind of glitched in that sometimes he won't use the abilities from Fairy Ring and The goobue, and sometimes he will.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I suggest farm the zone for 45min, dont even bother with fairy ring and nantina, then dynamis lord the boss..

It took us 3 tries to win this way, but we were unsuccesful 2 times before those when we bothered killing the NM's. The times we farmed the zones, if we lost to the final boss, at least we still had some belts/capes af-1 to show for it..

Old Merits
    BG Level

For the funugar if you don't have a ranger you can always just have your bst pull it. Just either sub thief or use powder boots before you use /pet fight and you should be fine.

Time isn't as much a factor as much as it is in Qufim, especially if you can do the fly pull pretty well. The biggest factor is travel time in my opinion cuz you're running from one end of Valkurm to the other. Especially when some don't know which way to go and you have to go back and get them. My LS has only won Valkurm once but we usually get about 10-15 minutes to prep/fight the boss if all goes well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    Time isn't as much a factor as much as it is in Qufim, especially if you can do the fly pull pretty well. The biggest factor is travel time in my opinion cuz you're running from one end of Valkurm to the other. Especially when some don't know which way to go and you have to go back and get them. My LS has only won Valkurm once but we usually get about 10-15 minutes to prep/fight the boss if all goes well.
    lolz

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    lolz
    Maybe they're all Windurstian!

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    lolz
    Maybe they're all Windurstian!
    This actually happened to me once.

My first job was WHM, from Windurst. I had heard over LS chat that the Dunes were hell, and that you had to ride the boat with the fabled Sea Horror to get there. I concluded that I didn't want to go to either of these places, and stayed in Buburimu and the Maze until I hit level 19 and went to Jeuno.

Remember those good ol' noob days when things like this were heard about were like ghost stories?

Anyway, kinda bit me in the ass later on, I wandered around for hours in the Dunes looking for Song Runes to open the Bard job, and got lost a 2nd time later when I had to do my WHM artifact hammer quest. Since then, I've made it a point to carry a map of every area I go to. >.>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast