Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Is it true what they say about your character falling with those on? (I severely doubt it, however I could never find a pair on AH to try myself, and nobody I know own a pair.)
    Theres no animation for it in the model viewer, so I can't imagine how it would be possible.

What I like about this thread, the most, are the fucking idiots that think PLD/NIN automatically means you're kiting something.

GTFO. You're idiots.

PLD/NIN, Marchx2, Balladx2, gfg

If your PLDs in that situation have a rough time with hate, there's a second issue of them not having enough Enmity gear, or a third issue of them sucking at PLD.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    What I like about this thread, the most, are the fucking idiots that think PLD/NIN automatically means you're kiting something.

GTFO. You're idiots.

PLD/NIN, Marchx2, Balladx2, gfg

If your PLDs in that situation have a rough time with hate, there's a second issue of them not having enough Enmity gear, or a third issue of them sucking at PLD.
    Nobody thinks that. It's just a running joke on Fenrir ATM, as the OP tried to kite Fafnir.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Dethecus

People do PLD/NIN for Fafnir? >.>

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vaplade
    People do PLD/NIN for Fafnir? >.>
    el o el

I've always wondered if Jorm can be kited and killed like Vrtra.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

i fail at internet sarcasm
    and that's the edited version.

Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    i fail at internet sarcasm
    and that's the edited version.
    Then let's make the sarcasm a little bit more outrageous because there are a lot of idiots that think like that, ok?

umm....We didn't try to kite anything we had Fafnir 5 mins since I didn't even get 2 full chi blasts off before our PLD dies. PLD/WAR only tank we had, we sleep once on 2nd sleep it does 180 either other linkshells doing or someone tried to run since this was our 1st fafnir and only had 12 people with 130 people standing on fafnir. On 3rd sleep waiting on our PLD to unweak Vanquished provokes when it turned yellow half second and stole.

Since our PLD was still weak when it got stolen we had fafnir 8-12 mins total, From Claim to it being stolen. You can't expect a linkshell to do Fafnir perfectly when 95% of the 12 members never even seen a fafnir fight / know anything about wyrms with only 1 tank. Then where else do you have to fight a monster with 100+ people standing on top of your allaince 1st time you fight it.

Seriouslly GTFO How many people only bring 1 tank to fafnir?????, you normally use 2 tanks on almost everything in the game. (without having like 8+ blms there)

Almost everything in this game you learn from actually doing it yourself. If fafnir would of spike Flailed my ls @ least those people would of learned to never move off the fucking feet ever again. It didnt but we learned to always keep nondot spells like slow etc up on sleeping monster so linkshells like Vanquished won't be able to steal.

I mean how many monster types in this game have a move like Spike Flail only 1 type wyrms. So even though I breifly said shit about fafnir notible moves, mages 1st think when dealing with monsters to sleep run away etc why would you stand right next to a sleeping monster???

My question here was basically where is a good PLD + NIN forum I could read to learn more information I didn't already know for my own experince.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You lost the claim because everyone had died and Reraise. Having slow up would not have prevented the claim loss, sorry.

60-70% of our allaince never died, I didn't die once

People that died were.

Etterni PLD/WAR
    Whitewizard Whm/smn due to 1st breath.
    Darksteel SMN/WHM
    might of been 1 or 2 more people but that was all.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

PLD/NIN is ok for some things.. for wyrms? PLD/WAR all the way. IMO The perfect tank setup is a well equip'd NIN/WAR and a PLD/WAR. PLD/NIN can work for some things, but it just dosent work as well a /war for wyrms.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aurin
    PLD/NIN is ok for some things.. for wyrms? PLD/WAR all the way. IMO The perfect tank setup is a well equip'd NIN/WAR and a PLD/WAR. PLD/NIN can work for some things, but it just dosent work as well a /war for wyrms.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the general idea of using PLD/NIN in big fights come from the Wyrms?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

All these people "trying" PLD/NIN must either really suck or are using BLM's to manaburn tiamat or something....

Or they've got some unreliable healers.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The fight goes faster with PLD/WAR because people dont have to log hate,etc.

PLD/NIN imo sucks, if your in a linkshell that has tanks geared out enough to handle fights like wyrms. It all depends on what your Linkshell is used to.. we have used PLD/WAR since wyrms release and still use it now.

Dosent really matter what you use to tank. Every linkshells does it a tad different.. experiment and see what works for you.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Done right PLD/NIN hate blows PLD/WAR hate out of the water. The people you most often see logging in a Tiamat would be WHMs and sometimes BRDs and BLMs, PLD/NIN ideally removes the need for WHMs to be logging hate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PLD/NIN > PLD/WAR for Wyrms.

People relog hate on Jorm regardless, due to the way he behaves. I rarely see people relogging hate on other Wyrms regardless of the tank.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Done right PLD/NIN hate blows PLD/WAR hate out of the water. The people you most often see logging in a Tiamat would be WHMs and sometimes BRDs and BLMs, PLD/NIN ideally removes the need for WHMs to be logging hate.
    That's the part you need to get used to. A good PLD/NIN is practically 90% self-sufficient on cures, you toss regen3 and he takes care of himself, only really needing attention after a MS/DA or something like that.

Provoke turned out not to be the magic hate tool we all thought it was (took several years to figure that out.) It's a nice spike every 30 seconds, but 30 seconds later it's gone.

Armand calls for help on the Hakutaku!

i wish i still had that SS.

Banned.

BG Level

Sell a BB item for advice.