+ Reply to Thread

Save the Internet and Spread the word!

I dont know if someone posted this, didnt find anything in the search for it, so here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/v/G5RQrxkGgCM

"Major telecommunications companies are spending millions lobbying the U.S. congress to make the Internet into a private network. In political lingo this mean abandoning what is called "Net Neutrality". In common sense terms it's about the government withdrawing our right to Internet Freedom. This V-Doc. (viral documentary) is about the current threat to Internet Freedom and how we can hold on to the open Internet and our right to communicate.

The only way the telecommunications companies will be successful is if we fail to raise awareness about this situation. If people find out about the fact that we are about to lose our Internet freedom there is no way they will allow congress to do this.

This congressional decision will set a monumental precedent, and thus, impact not just U.S. citizens, but citizens all over world."

http://www.Savetheinternet.com

Sign the petition to send to your Congressman about this issue. The more the marrier.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I joined the cause....(check my avatar)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

ive been part of this for some time now, this is a real problem that really needs to be fixed. Congress cant pass this or a LOt of people will be pissed off.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

What an objective analysis of Net Neutrality! Sign me right the fuck up!

Just as soon as I finish watching that "Loose Change" video for the 50th time and finish this letter to my congressman about the North American Union conspiracy.

Woh Venya youre from pleasant hill =o
    Going to DVC in the fall :3

lol.. there will be riots all over the city in major cities if they passed this. People like their pr0n and free shit D:

Old Merits
    BG Level

It would only affect you Americans. Haha XD

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    It would only affect you Americans. Haha XD
    and eventually spread to the rest of the world it'd only be a matter of time, HAW HAW!!!

Woh Venya youre from pleasant hill =o
    Going to DVC in the fall :3
    I went to DVC for awhile, but decided tp go to a school that I had been wanting to go to for awhile, expression.edu .Great decision I think. I have a lot of friends that go there right now though.

Anyways, I am glad that people are taking action for this cause. Spread the word!

UPDATE

Senate Committee Rejects Net Neutrality
    In news from Capitol Hill, the Senate Commerce Committee has dealt a setback to efforts to keep the Internet open and accessible to everyone. The Committee rejected an amendment that would have preserved net neutrality. But media activists who support net neutrality said the close vote showed momentum is growing in their favor. The amendment fell just one vote short of passing.

Thought some of you might want to know......this is starting to suck big balls..

Quote Originally Posted by Venya
    Senate Committee Rejects Net Neutrality
    In news from Capitol Hill, the Senate Commerce Committee has dealt a setback to efforts to keep the Internet open and accessible to everyone. The Committee rejected an amendment that would have preserved net neutrality. But media activists who support net neutrality said the close vote showed momentum is growing in their favor. The amendment fell just one vote short of passing.
    This certainly does not show that the majority favors heavy internet regulations. If anything, I see this as a sign that things are likely going to stay as they are for quite some time still.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I use earthlink so I'm safe. Regardless, this is pretty funny because this is something alot of people should care about (who doesnt use the internet) and it's on an election year. Really sucks it passed though.